banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2004, 09:24 PM   #26
Tyler

Hi sleeping Giant, as you can tell everybody is very excited. But welcome and I hope that you got your copy today. It is just fantastic and I like to listen to it in the dark with a warm cup of tea, very peaceful and thought provoking. Again Welcome you have come at a very good time.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:24 PM   #27
brink

Hi sleeping Giant, as you can tell everybody is very excited. But welcome and I hope that you got your copy today. It is just fantastic and I like to listen to it in the dark with a warm cup of tea, very peaceful and thought provoking. Again Welcome you have come at a very good time.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:05 AM   #28
Rosanna

I was like a small child in the store today.
Waiting in line with my new treat , knowing
I will soon be home and it will be all mine!
Extremely pleased with this piece of work.
It might take a while for a few of the songs
to grow on me, but a strong 9 out of 10
for me. Long live the great Gordon Lightfoot.
Rosanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:05 AM   #29
Doug Letcher

I was like a small child in the store today.
Waiting in line with my new treat , knowing
I will soon be home and it will be all mine!
Extremely pleased with this piece of work.
It might take a while for a few of the songs
to grow on me, but a strong 9 out of 10
for me. Long live the great Gordon Lightfoot.
Doug Letcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #30
Gaby

quote:Originally posted by SilverHeels:
Gaby,
I am only in a good mood cos I just watched Gord on that video and he looks so good!
And he is cheerful and humorous and suddenly the world is good again! BUT THERE IS STILL NO SIGN OF MY CD EITHER!!!!!!!!
I'm having to pretend by playing the 3 tracks I do have over and over ...

He does look fantastic, doesn’t he, and sounds very upbeat. Life is suddenly very sweet, despite there being no Harmony in the post again this morning!!
I asked in HMV yesterday and it's definitely not being distributed in the UK. So, it's a good job we thought to import ours!!!!
The waiting is starting to become agonizing, now, with everyone else here listening to their copies, but I really do appreciate being able to read their reviews. (Keep them coming!) It’s really heightening my sense of anticipation.

quote:If you get yours before me, call me and play it down the phone, please!!!

You, too! OK?
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #31
Selene

Glad to hear it ranks up there with the great ones. Just don't over-bill it. That can lead to dissapointment if it's hyped too much. I wasn't expecting anything great. But I must say I am really looking forward to it now.
Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #32
Martin/12

Glad to hear it ranks up there with the great ones. Just don't over-bill it. That can lead to dissapointment if it's hyped too much. I wasn't expecting anything great. But I must say I am really looking forward to it now.
Martin/12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:15 PM   #33
Sheila Ann

Martin,
I don't think you are going to be disappointed at all. The comments people have made here are legit. My copy came today and I must say I was very tentative about listening to it. Painter had me crying for days. Not this time, folks...this one is going in to work with me and my workmates, who have teased me often about my Lightheadedness, are going to get treated. The balance of Lightfoot and the musical accompaniment is excellent. He is clear, non-clipped and holds notes beyond one beat! He doesn't sound like he's puffing either. The music does not overpower him and he and his singing are the main attraction on these songs. This was very well put together and easily ranks 'up there' with his best. I am not a gushy person but I'm very impressed by this work and am so pleased that I have it and that's he's still around to be able to do this.
SheilaB
Sheila Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #34
Tyler

Gaby there is a great picture of his hands too.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #35
brink

Gaby there is a great picture of his hands too.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:02 AM   #36
Gaby

LOL

Oh, Be still, my beating heart!!!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:24 AM   #37
Selene

quote:Originally posted by Sheila Ann:
Martin,
I don't think you are going to be disappointed at all. The comments people have made here are legit. My copy came today and I must say I was very tentative about listening to it. Painter had me crying for days. Not this time, folks...this one is going in to work with me and my workmates, who have teased me often about my Lightheadedness, are going to get treated. The balance of Lightfoot and the musical accompaniment is excellent. He is clear, non-clipped and holds notes beyond one beat! He doesn't sound like he's puffing either. The music does not overpower him and he and his singing are the main attraction on these songs. This was very well put together and easily ranks 'up there' with his best. I am not a gushy person but I'm very impressed by this work and am so pleased that I have it and that's he's still around to be able to do this.
SheilaB

Thanks Sheila!

Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:24 AM   #38
Martin/12

quote:Originally posted by Sheila Ann:
Martin,
SheilaB

Thanks Sheila!

Martin/12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #39
on-susan's-floor

I had pre-ordered about a month ago, but couldn't wait. I went to the Wherehouse yesterday--and there it was--"Harmony" by Gordon Lightfoot! It is good, much better than I had expected. You're right, Sheila, in everything you said about it. His voice is strong and beautiful. I was so happy last night that while I listened to it I baked my favorite cake to celebrate all by myself! (When the pre-ordered copy comes I'll put it away so I'll always have one---unless one of you would like me to mail it to you. I could do that.)
on-susan's-floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #40
Brave Soul

I had pre-ordered about a month ago, but couldn't wait. I went to the Wherehouse yesterday--and there it was--"Harmony" by Gordon Lightfoot! It is good, much better than I had expected. You're right, Sheila, in everything you said about it. His voice is strong and beautiful. I was so happy last night that while I listened to it I baked my favorite cake to celebrate all by myself! (When the pre-ordered copy comes I'll put it away so I'll always have one---unless one of you would like me to mail it to you. I could do that.)
Brave Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:57 PM   #41
santiago

This is classic Lightfoot...I Love it!
santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:57 PM   #42
cyninphx

This is classic Lightfoot...I Love it!
cyninphx is offline   Reply With Quote