banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 01-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #26
SueDO

Hi JJ,

thanks for your nice reply, I have to admit to not being up on Gordon's music, is there anywhere we can listen to clips? And its nice to know there are other celebs out there as nice as Donny, thanks for letting me know.

I don't know if this link will work on your board, but I will give it a go, the link to the AOL site:

<http://music.channel.aol.com/songs/fullcds.adp>

The Watchman, now I can see that it looks like we have done that, gone to all sorts of forums to promote the CD, but honest, that is not the case, one of our members happened to stumble on your forum - I know not why - and posted on ours that Donny's new CD was being discussed here, we were just interested (nosey if you like LOL) to see what you had to say, so some of us came over for a look-see, I hope you don't mind.

SueDO
Old 01-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #27
SueDO

oops! - I see my link didn't work, sorry about that, but you can "copy and paste" it into your address bar - and please people, don't feel you have to :O)

I live in Wales, UK, where do you all come from?

SueDO
Old 01-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #28
Laurie A.

Donny Osmond's album is a very grown-up version of Donnny's music. His voice is strong and has matured impressively. The ballads are personal and moving. The upbeat songs are strong and really get you going. Give the album a try, you won't be sorry. Donny Osmond works very hard, and deserves to be listened to. Go see what I mean. This is a discussion forum for Gordon Lightfoot--how cool!

Laurie A.

Laurie A.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #29
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by telgirl2000:
"Donnieheads? Osmondheads? Donnieosmondheads?"

All wrong i'm afraid, we are called Donny Divas, and are proud of it. Dont knock him til you have heard the new album all the way thru, then be prepared to eat your words as it is a great example of the immense talent he has always had but not always gotten credit for.

What do they call the male Donny Osmond fans?
Surely not Donny Divas.
I'm not knocking him. If you look down a couple of posts, you will see that I think he's very talented.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited January 15, 2005).]
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #30
Cathy

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
I can't believe what I'm reading.

What's the problem, Watchman? You aren't a Donny Diva?

Old 01-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #31
Cathy

quote:Originally posted by SueDO:
Thanks for letting us Donny Divas come and voice our opinions on your board, very nice of you and I like the fact that you are discussing Donny on here - I hope some of you will take a listen to Donny's new CD (you can do so for free on AOL.com, the whole album) and I know that for some of you, it still may not be your thing but I hope you will come away without the view anymore that Donny Osmond is only about "Puppy Love" - after 42 years in the biz, he is so much more than that. I hope, even if you don't like Donny's style of music you will at least see that he has a great voice and talent.

From one who knows Donny (I have met him several times now) he really is a gorgeous, down to earth, normal guy, who treats us with so much respect (which is one of the reasons we get so passionate and protective of him, sorry if we appeared to have invaded your board) - but if you ever get the chance to meet him yourself, you will come away wondering where the "Celebrity" is...

Thanks for listening
Sue

I understand and respect your passion for Donny. We feel the same way about Gord. I'll definitely go to aol.com and listen to his new CD. Thanks for such a nice post, and for letting us know where we can listen to him.

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited January 15, 2005).]
Old 01-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #32
Cathy

oops! - I see my link didn't work, sorry about that, but you can "copy and paste" it into your address bar - and please people, don't feel you have to :O)

I live in Wales, UK, where do you all come from?

SueDO

I'm from Maine, USA. I have relatives in Wales. I've met them twice, and have to admit, I didn't understand a word they said, even though they claim they were speaking English!

Old 01-15-2005, 07:18 PM   #33
SueDO

LOL Cathy,

I am in fact English, but I have now lived in Wales for four years, I had problems to begin with, but I am used to the accent now - but they are lovely, friendly people, and I love it here.

Where abouts in Wales do your relatives come from?

And another little fact that might interest you (sorry if it doesn't) because of Donny and his forum, which has become like a huge community, I have got so many friends in the States now, from all over, I went over to the States with my family in August 04, to New York, New Jersey, Utah (Donny Land LOL) and Orlando - and I met up with a lot of them, it was fantastic, I can't wait to get back there.

Anyway, signing off for the night now, it's just gone midnight here, so night night - I will check in again tomorrow thanks for the nice welcome.

Sue
Old 01-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #34
Cathy

LOL Cathy,

I am in fact English, but I have now lived in Wales for four years, I had problems to begin with, but I am used to the accent now - but they are lovely, friendly people, and I love it here.

Where abouts in Wales do your relatives come from?

And another little fact that might interest you (sorry if it doesn't) because of Donny and his forum, which has become like a huge community, I have got so many friends in the States now, from all over, I went over to the States with my family in August 04, to New York, New Jersey, Utah (Donny Land LOL) and Orlando - and I met up with a lot of them, it was fantastic, I can't wait to get back there.

Anyway, signing off for the night now, it's just gone midnight here, so night night - I will check in again tomorrow thanks for the nice welcome.

Sue

Well, they told me where they were from, but I didn't understand what they were saying, and it didn't do any good for them to spell it out to me, because there were several letters in the address, none that make a lick of sense in the English language. I guess I'll have to e-mail them and have them spell it out for me.

I went to aol.com and tried to listen to Donny, but the audio kept cutting in and out. Maybe there were too many of you Donny Divas listening at the time. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:26 AM   #35
SueDO

Watchman,

On behalf of Donny then, thanks for the Respect

Cathy, I hope you have better luck today, check back with you later.

Sue
Old 01-16-2005, 08:38 AM   #36
jj

Hi JJ,
thanks for your nice reply, I have to admit to not being up on Gordon's music, is there anywhere we can listen to clips?

i've had no luck with your link yet, SDO?

you can click away here for samplers (note: the first 'very early' track in the list is not typical Gord) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4&type=product
cheers
jj
ps) i'm a Jones so i probably stem from Wales
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:41 PM   #37
Cathy

Watchman,

On behalf of Donny then, thanks for the Respect

Cathy, I hope you have better luck today, check back with you later.

Sue

No luck yet, Sue. He sings two words and it pauses for a second. Two more and pause. I don't think it's a problem on my end because I have a highspeed connection. Maybe it's over use of AOL, or AOL just trying to drive us all crazy, which they seem to be very good at.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:53 PM   #38
SueDO

Cathy,

I have just emailed you, hope you get time to look for it

Sue
Old 03-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #39
Marsha

Hi everyone,

Okay, so Donny Osmond is not pn the same playing field as Gordon, but to satisfy my curiousity I bought his latest CD, "What I mean to say." and guess what? It is damn good. Did not waste my money at all. He wrote and produced most of the songs and after all these years, seems on track to putting out quality music. Tender ballads plus songs that will get you on your feet; a nice romantic CD. One song sucks - "One Dream" sounds like Christian pop- but otherwise quality material. His voice is smooth and sexy. Need a romantic CD? Buy it... you won't be sorry... my hubby and I _____ all night long to this CD

Cheers,
Marsha
Old 03-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #40
Cathy

quote:Originally posted by Marsha:
Hi everyone,

Okay, so Donny Osmond is not pn the same playing field as Gordon, but to satisfy my curiousity I bought his latest CD, "What I mean to say." and guess what? It is damn good. Did not waste my money at all. He wrote and produced most of the songs and after all these years, seems on track to putting out quality music. Tender ballads plus songs that will get you on your feet; a nice romantic CD. One song sucks - "One Dream" sounds like Christian pop- but otherwise quality material. His voice is smooth and sexy. Need a romantic CD? Buy it... you won't be sorry... my hubby and I _____ all night long to this CD

Cheers,
Marsha

It's fill in the blank time, folks.

my hubby and I SANG all night long to this CD

Old 03-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #41
Janice

Well, if it ain't "sang" I think it's far more information than I care to know
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #42
charlene

and even SANG is T.M.I. !
lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 PM   #43
Patti

I wish I could have seen that show. I like all those songs. I even named a son, Joseph
Benjamin, after Jacob and Rachael's two sons. quote:Originally posted by charlene:
I saw him several times in "Joesph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" when he performed it here many years ago-he was absolutley fabulous. He was gorgeous and had been working out for the scenes with no shirt - very nice!
I remember watching the TV show with Marie and the Osmonds always on the Andy Williams XMAS special. He's done well for himself and so have all the Osmonds. And they were and still are a very nice bunch of people.
Still the complete polar opposite to freaky Michael Jackson tho!

Patti is offline   Reply With Quote