banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Lightfoot Covers

Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #26
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Ian Tyson, Sylvia Fricker & Gordon Lightfoot !

Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #27
jj

Default Re: Ian Tyson, Sylvia Fricker & Gordon Lightfoot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joe View Post
My apologies to everyone if these videos were posted here before.
agh, you got me excited that you had some new video adds, lol

yeah, they're all above in the initial post, chrono order..if there's any new stuff I'll add it in there via edit...i didn't include the 4SW sing a long...i remember being disturbed when they put that Gord (bed head) interview clip amidst his Knotty Pine gem

all that "Get Together" audio stuff is interesting...maybe a rare Gord audio (this one's mainly been video up til now) thread is deserved...some neat covers off that Yellow Bird collection also that I bet heaps of folks haven't heard

btw, i initially had embedded the Gord videos then I realize the heaps of scrolling required to sift down the thread and hence discovered that little check box option

cheers, jjo
jj
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #28
RM

Default Re: Ligthfoot NON-covers - Gord himself

I did my due diligence, yet could not find this performance anywhere in this forum. If it's redundant, disregard........it was new to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP_MD...eature=related

The poster/collector is obviously a big Lightfoot fan. Check out their other offerings.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
jj

it looks like the EMR upload comes from a decent copy of the PBS telecast, highest quality i've seen anyhow... from www.lightfoot.ca "Ah yes, the legendary Soundstage Special. Lightfoot performed Cotton Jenny, The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, Endless Wire, Summertime Dream, Don Quixote, If You Could Read My Mind, Ghosts Of Cape Horn (the first performance ever of this one), Beautiful, Hangdog Hotel Room, Sundown. At this point they broke for intermission and each band member said a few words, while in the background pictures and sounds from an earlier rehearsal were seen and heard. The second set went like this - Early Morning Rain, Whisper My Name, On The TV (later to become On The High Seas), Old Dan's Records and the Canadian Railroad Trilogy"

they cut off CRT after 1/3 of the tune so I call it Canadian Railroad Unilogy

great, rm, this one surely belongs in this thread...your diligence was overdue

welcome to pm your mail addy if missing the full set...i'll dig into the cobwebs & dust
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #30
jj

i recently checked out my copy (i believe it's an +/- 11th generation version) of the 79 PBS and, well, this one is WAY clearer and really good audio...i wish this guy had the entire concert posted especially On the TV/High Seas and Whisper My Name...good find, rm...check it out, newbies

yes, i'm violating the no embedding rule in order to give it full visual promo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
I did my due diligence, yet could not find this performance anywhere in this forum. If it's redundant, disregard........it was new to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP_MD...eature=related

The poster/collector is obviously a big Lightfoot fan. Check out their other offerings.

Last edited by jj; 09-21-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #31
jj

hey jessie jo, might want to add your latest vhs transfers to the initial list found at the start of this thread

i think there should be a consolidated link off the homepage for all these videos + interviews
...i am not sure how long the ones i posted will be up but hope members enjoy asap

btw, i dont think he looks uncomfortable with mic at the Genies...check out the 1962 clip without mic...changes
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #32
m1g1w

Thank you for posting these!
m1g1w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #33
Wheels

Wow! Thank you for posting these tunes! Gord is awesome! Since I've barely gotten the concept of e-mail I'm not sure what I was reading (the word "embedding" scares me) but I know I heard some great tunes.
Thanks again guys and gals.
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #34
Jesse Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
hey jessie jo, might want to add your latest vhs transfers to the initial list found at the start of this thread

i think there should be a consolidated link off the homepage for all these videos + interviews
...i am not sure how long the ones i posted will be up but hope members enjoy asap

btw, i dont think he looks uncomfortable with mic at the Genies...check out the 1962 clip without mic...changes
I hear you jj just got to see your post here... Sorry about that... I missed a few days and must have gotten past this one.

Are you saying that all my latest VHS & DVD transfers plus future ones should all be posted here on this thread ?

BTW that Soundstage performance is the best that I've also seen, because I have it on VHS & it is not good video or audio.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #35
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joe View Post

Are you saying that all my latest VHS & DVD transfers plus future ones should all be posted here on this thread ?
sorry, just saw this....yes, was suggesting that (or that a section off the home page for video links be created, similar to the treasure vault of pics and interviews) but you have so many that you could make your own thread consolidating them rather than a new thread for every video clip, and make it under the GL Discussion ...just a thought

btw, i got a e-mail saying my videos were appreciated but how certain folks were downloading youtube videos of GL and other artists and creating DVDs for sale...i never thought of that and just wanted to share with the members...so mine are now pulled but hope many got to enjoy during our recent video posting fest...i never had seen Gord do Shadows on TH show, thanks!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #36
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Lightfoot NON-covers - Gord himself

Gee whiz ! Maybe then I should do the same as you did, because I also have had many positive emails about my uploads but nothing mentioned about people downloading videos to put them up for sale & that is wrong. There would have been lots more to come... maybe time to (S T O P) ! Thanks for that info jj... I had never thought of that myself. Too bad for the folks here that seem to enjoyed them for their first time!

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 02-22-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #37
jj

someone a while back was creating an unofficial bio for GL using all sorts of info (quasi-personal GL stuff that some of the hardcore corfidians would know and have shared) from here and elsewhere...anyhow, whether they profit or not from that stuff and these videos and other treasure chest of articles and images is hard to control, hey, it's pure capitalism, lol

as a compromise, i have pm-ed or emailed the limited access urls (or rapidshared the files) for some of the stuff to members who have shown interest...that's also works well for family and friends sharing, saves a ton of dvd copying and mailing

anyhow, food for thought that i was also naive to...but it feels good to share, enjoy sharing your years of taping...and don't bother consolidating a thread if it's working well for you and others
Old 03-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #38
dad2mak

To all the first videos posted, I got the same message. This is a private video, etc.
How do I get to watch them?
dad2mak is offline   Reply With Quote