banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
Affair on Touhy Ave.

maybe we could try thinking a of some. doesn't have to be a why did the chicken cross the road type of joke but even think of a famous quote feom another famous person, TV show Movie or whatever. here's one.) (if any of you grew up on Sesame Street and remember the salesman who kept trying to sell stuff to Ernie and recall when he tried to sell Ernie a number 8 and he asks if you need to know how many something equals 8 of 1 thing he should of added in case you can't remember where Gordon Lightfoot had his affair on 8th Ave! shhhhhhhhhh! He had his affair on 8th Ave. rrrrright!
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
Borderstone

On the TV show Becker with Ted Danson,the character Bob hears diner owner Reggie (a woman) talk about her last relationship and how her and her boyfriend used to fight all the time and yell & scream. This leads Bob to ask,"What was you guys' song? "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" :D ? Love that one!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
LakewoodMan

I have a great joke for Gordon Lightfoot. "Gordon Lightfoot". Now He is a real joke. I have never been so dissappointed in my life. I see over 50 concerts a year and am almost satisfied. He slurred EVERY word he attempted to sing. He sounded like CRAP. Take a head count. About 25% to 30% of the audience left at intermission after paying top dollar to be there. Those who enjoyed the performance, you are sick puppies who need to get a life and stop following a has been who is so washed up he needs to stop NOW.
LakewoodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
Sydney Steve

Lakewood : That level of bitterness and venom over a matter of what you saw as a waste of your time and money ? The way you are carrying on you would think the tickets were a grand each and your own time is costed at 3 grand an hour. Mate if anything really bad happens to you you are going to be very awkward for the people around you to put up with.
I don't really have a problem with you expressing your view but don't expect a lot of sympathy or understanding from posters on Corfid.
I do suggest you consider whether you are all that you were 30 years ago ? You are remarkable indeed if you are. Mind even if you are not, I wouldn't say that qualifies you as a "has been".

Finally I suggest you keep up with the latest medical technology. It is only a matter of time before they will be able to perform an "attitude bypass". You would seem to be in need of it for the good of your physical and mental health.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
Kathy in Michigan

LAKEWOOD-Go Home.
Sorry to be so blunt, but if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. My daddy taught me that.
Being disappointed is one thing, being venomous is another.
Kathy in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #6
hkusam

"I see over 50 concerts a year and am almost satisfied." Nice writing, sweetheart.
You spelled "disappointed" wrong too.
hkusam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
closetcanadian

My mother taught me a valuable lesson:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level - and then beat you with experience!" :D

If we just ignore this troll, he will go away.
closetcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #8
Affair on Touhy Ave.

Quote:
Originally posted by LakewoodMan:
I have a great joke for Gordon Lightfoot. "Gordon Lightfoot". Now He is a real joke. I have never been so dissappointed in my life. I see over 50 concerts a year and am almost satisfied. He slurred EVERY word he attempted to sing. He sounded like CRAP. Take a head count. About 25% to 30% of the audience left at intermission after paying top dollar to be there. Those who enjoyed the performance, you are sick puppies who need to get a life and stop following a has been who is so washed up he needs to stop NOW.
yeah! now let's get back to the topc. i don't like getting notafications of these obnocious stuff!!
Affair on Touhy Ave. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:17 AM   #9
Janice

LakewoodMan, we got it the first time. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but clearly this is a Gordon Lightfoot fan site - since you no longer appear to be a fan, maybe this isn't the right place for you to spend your time.

I never thought I'd say this since I'm not as high on the fanship scale as others here (meaning that I accept that Lightfoot is a mere man with all the fallibilities that go along with it, as opposed to being a perfect "god" who can do no wrong) and I typically defend those who come in here with a negative opinion as having the right to that opinion whether we agree with it or not, but enough is enough!

Don't waste your time crying to us because you chose to purchase concert tickets and didn't like what you bought - more importantly, don't continue to waste our time.

Quote:
Originally posted by LakewoodMan:
Old 04-25-2005, 10:19 AM   #10
<jack>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LakewoodMan:
About 25% to 30% of the audience left at intermission after paying top dollar to be there.

Just out of curiousity, Lakewoodman, if you left at intermission, how would you know how much of the audience did not return to their seats after intermission? Just because someone is walking out the door does not mean they are leaving the show. Most are going out for a smoke or some fresh air (which is rather an oxymoron )but do return. And by all accounts from PEOPLE WHO WERE ACTUALLY THERE, the place was still packed for the second set.

May I suggest that you are the one who needs to get a life.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #11
Borderstone

Hey Lakewood! So sorry Gordon couldn't be perfect for you after his near death illness and operation and long recovery period!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So sorry that he can never 100% be the Gordon Lightfoot you grew up with! So sorry he's human like you pretend to be and is susceptable to time and space and what life deals you like the rest of us! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You call yourself a fan? A real fan of anyone does not desert their "idol" when they need them the most. A "fan" doesn't kick that much admired person when their down! If those other people left (and I think you just said that to make your story more plausable for posting) then that's their loss and they obviously didn't know he had been ill! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You should be glad there is still a Gordon Lightfoot to go see at all!! For my $$$ he could get up there and read from "Harry Potter" and I'd still be entertained!

Lastly,I think you really didn't attend a show. I think your just one of the nasty little no life,no girlfriend/boyfriend,no brain having nitwits that get up on these boards just to get yourself noticed! Since,most likely,no one notices you in real life! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!

If anyone's the joke up here it's you pal!! I can't believe you thought it worth the effort and time to post that. Especially here. You did it just to get attention and to make people mad.
You had your fun,so now go be a voluteer to direct traffic....on the freeway!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 25, 2005, 15:24: Message edited by: Borderstone ]