banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-14-2002, 05:03 PM   #1
Gord

I see that here in Ontario I can't seem to find any digital channel that is gonna carry that episode of Lightfoot from 1976 when he was on the show. Rats! I would love to get him on video from that era performing those songs from Summertime Dream.

Perhaps if anyone from Southern Ont who finds it on the TV guide for next Wed would gladly post it on here, would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 06-14-2002, 05:03 PM   #2
Gord

I see that here in Ontario I can't seem to find any digital channel that is gonna carry that episode of Lightfoot from 1976 when he was on the show. Rats! I would love to get him on video from that era performing those songs from Summertime Dream.

Perhaps if anyone from Southern Ont who finds it on the TV guide for next Wed would gladly post it on here, would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 06-15-2002, 12:01 AM   #3
Gina

I saw it don't know if it's the one you wanted but it was funny. He was going to do one more song then producer Lorn Michels of SNL came out Joking and said ok Gordon
we already disucss this only two songs and he joke back with him and said oh come on we flew out all this way can't we do one more song getting the crowd into it. then Lorn says OK Gordon enough is enough you are making me mad I warm you So John comes out as the Samuari warrior with his sword and snaps gordon guitar strings very funny
Old 06-15-2002, 12:01 AM   #4
Gina

I saw it don't know if it's the one you wanted but it was funny. He was going to do one more song then producer Lorn Michels of SNL came out Joking and said ok Gordon
we already disucss this only two songs and he joke back with him and said oh come on we flew out all this way can't we do one more song getting the crowd into it. then Lorn says OK Gordon enough is enough you are making me mad I warm you So John comes out as the Samuari warrior with his sword and snaps gordon guitar strings very funny
Old 06-15-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
char

It was pretty funny to see Gord doing "shtick"! It was Buck Henry that came out on stage tho. He was hosting that night.
They were all so young.....
Char
char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:08 AM   #6
Borderstone

I have got to get cable TV back! Yes,just to see that little skit! I pictured it in my mind and it was even funny that way. Pity I was only 8 in 1976 and didn't know much about popular music and could stay up late,like now. Aurevoir!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #7
Gord

Yer the same age as me then Borderstone lol
Old 05-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #8
Gord

Yer the same age as me then Borderstone lol
Old 05-11-2004, 06:19 AM   #9
Borderstone

Yep! Weird being 35 isn't it? (36 next month.) It seems like just a handful of months ago that I was 15! At least there's cable TV and NBC's late night Saturday re-runs of SNL to find that show with,although with NBC,you have to watch every show until they get to that one! Whew! Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote