banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
jj

Default Luge, Shinny Hockey, anyone?

been gettin' lots of fresh air out back this past month...had to keep the luge run well-banked so kids didn't slide into tree trunks or frigid river

the rink was made 'pioneer fashion' by dipping and hauling buckets of water from the river since there was no decent alternative, besides it was good exercise...it's been a good means of getting jr and wee pals away from their Treehouse tv and myself away from the monitor

i just added my two 500W work lights, shining down from a hilltop so that will mean we get a few more evening hours of kicks in before the spring thaw comes and leaves a big puddle

anyhow, char, come on over and bring your visor and elbow pads, lol....geosteve, the luge run awaits your sterling silver 'rosebud'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feb 2009.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	2488   Click image for larger version

Name:	upper.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	2489   Click image for larger version

Name:	lower.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2490  
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
RM

Default Re: Luge, Shinny Hockey, anyone?

I'm impressed. That luge run looks like a blast for the youngster, and the Shinny Hockey rink is deluxe.....nets included. Nice work.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
charlene

oh yeah ..right...cuz as everyone knows Char is a "big time outdoors in the winter fan!"
lol
I'll sit inside with Mich and drink hot toddies ..
Then you can come inside and entertain us with tunes on the ol' piano.
As Kris K. kinda says "the goin' down was worth the comin' up"..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
jj

thanks, rm...i thought the luge was gonna be fun for me too but i gave it a try and seems i've lost my luge mounting frame...it wasn't pretty

char, for whatever reason (mainly cos Jr finds it anoying, lol) i played the keys only twice last year so i've gone from rusty to eroding...thanks to your hospitality, once was at your pad and the other was with old pal for ab lib ten year reunion...that was Aug and we talked of working on/writing/practicing something more seriously with proper audio recording (i'm overpowering the gtr/lead vox in this setup) and without booze but here were are six months later without follow up other than a season's greeting...i dont remember it being such an effort to hookup with friends back in my 20s, 30s

anyhow...pretty cool outside this morn but hope the rink doesn't melt over the next week, i though this was supposed to be the coldest month!

I'm Losing You - August 2008 jam

Love Is My Song - August 2008 jam

ps) rick appreciated your comment, sharron...i await you and paul uploading a video performance of your truly, wonderful duet! ...you need to share it with the world

Last edited by jj; 02-05-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post

anyhow...pretty cool outside this morn but hope the rink doesn't melt over the next week, i though this was supposed to be the coldest month!
ok, not like the entire world awaits a rink status: however, the mid-Feb warm spell resulted in my having to close in the boards and reduce rink area substantially as there were high spots where grass was peaking through

anyhow, with yesterday's record 17C temp and the upcoming forecast, the fresh pic shows our official MELT has begun and spells the end of southern ontario backyard hockey season (and also coincides with the Leaf's mathematical playoff hopes elimination )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rink 2009 march melt.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	2523  
Old 03-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
charlene

what a day yesterday..record temps of 18C in TOronto. (64.4 F) Awesome! (15C in 1974)
I LOVE it!
yeah - I was watching some events at City Hall rink and she sure looked sloppy. Get Harrison an inflatable yellow canoe to paddle around the rink. Or bring him here and he can do same in pool..
lol
Go Leafs Go!
I've watched your 2 videos (posted above) several times since you sent them last August..piano work seems absolutely fine! you guys need to get together with Paul B. and John S..
Come out to my place..the piano needs a dusting off..
Old 03-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
I've watched your 2 videos (posted above) several times since you sent them last August..piano work seems absolutely fine! you guys need to get together with Paul B. and John S..
Come out to my place..the piano needs a dusting off..
jj,

Fair warning.......your modus operandi has been established, along with a visual profile of that "witty wise guy " from corfid. A "Ten Most Wanted" poster can now be displayed.

One wouldn't know it from your posts.....but you're quite modest. (Ted Bundy style)

If not for charlene's post, I would have never known those videos contained a glimpse into you musicianship. It's excellent. Were you playing by 'ear', or reading sheet music ?

You're one sly dog.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
charlene

Ron, he was at my place a few times several years ago and never let on he played guitar, sang or played piano!! (And there were guitars and a piano here!)
And he does all three extremely well! He was in several bands as a young lad! Our JJ is too modest for such a talented fellow. He's not that great as a swimmer tho..lol
Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
joveski

whats all that white stuff on the ground?
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #10
charlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveski View Post
whats all that white stuff on the ground?
Ontario in winter...