banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
myweim

Hello fellow fans. After by morning at the dentist I went to the 99 cent store in the area, They had old records and yup you guess it there was an LP of Gordon's "Endless Wire." It was nice for the picture. Cheers all
Gina
myweim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
lightbunny

Hello fellow fans. After by morning at the dentist I went to the 99 cent store in the area, They had old records and yup you guess it there was an LP of Gordon's "Endless Wire." It was nice for the picture. Cheers all
Gina
lightbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 07:28 AM   #3
SilverHeels

Imagine finding a Lightfoot album in a
thrift shop!!!! Who would want to give
him away?

Lightbunny, that was some bargain.

SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
SomewhereupinMichigan

A few years ago my son returned from the local Goodwill (or was it Salvation Army) store with a .99 special for me. He was quite elated to have found the vinyl Pickwick release from 1979 entitled The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. Knowing of dad's fascination with anything Lightfoot, he had grabbed it up for me. While true that I didn't have that particular release, and I hardly ever listen to vinyl any more, and I have all the songs in other compilations on CD, it was still tangible evidence that I've done at least something right in raising the kid!
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
violet Blue Horse

Ohhh, too funny. I picked up the LP Endless Wire the same way years ago in the San Fernando Valley in an *gulp* antique store. Some people's antiques are other peoples childhood ya know. I think I got one more Lightfood LP that way, Shadows I think. I rarely play LP's anymore, but I LIKE the feel of them and the covers. I still like owning LP's and picking one up that means something to me in thrift and antique stores.

quote:Originally posted by lightbunny:
Gina

Old 01-15-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
violet Blue Horse

Ohhh, too funny. I picked up the LP Endless Wire the same way years ago in the San Fernando Valley in an *gulp* antique store. Some people's antiques are other peoples childhood ya know. I think I got one more Lightfood LP that way, Shadows I think. I rarely play LP's anymore, but I LIKE the feel of them and the covers. I still like owning LP's and picking one up that means something to me in thrift and antique stores.

quote:Originally posted by lightbunny:
Gina

Old 01-16-2003, 08:09 AM   #7
Auburn Annie

Well, Gord's been with us for a while now (and many, *many* more years to come, if you please) but I don't think he - or his music - qualifies as 'antique.' At least in the US, the accepted US Customs definition of an antique is an object at least 100 years old. Other, younger, pieces may be classed as collectibles. Vinyl, depending on artist, is definitely collectible, sometimes more for the cover art than what's on the inside [obviously not true in GL's case - I'll take the music over cover art any day.]

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited January 16, 2003).]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:09 AM   #8
Auburn Annie

Well, Gord's been with us for a while now (and many, *many* more years to come, if you please) but I don't think he - or his music - qualifies as 'antique.' At least in the US, the accepted US Customs definition of an antique is an object at least 100 years old. Other, younger, pieces may be classed as collectibles. Vinyl, depending on artist, is definitely collectible, sometimes more for the cover art than what's on the inside [obviously not true in GL's case - I'll take the music over cover art any day.]

[This message has been edited by Auburn Annie (edited January 16, 2003).]
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
bjm7777

I too was at a thrift store and found "Gords' Gold" who in thier right mind would give that up. Man That is just a classic, not only for the music, but the cover is extraordinsry. Thanx to whoever let that one slip through. Now all I need is "The Butchers" album.
bjm7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Fitzy

I too was at a thrift store and found "Gords' Gold" who in thier right mind would give that up. Man That is just a classic, not only for the music, but the cover is extraordinsry. Thanx to whoever let that one slip through. Now all I need is "The Butchers" album.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
Borderstone

Way to go bunny!!

Here in Phoenix,9 times out of 10,I'll see GL albums at Goodwill and it's always Sundown,COTS,Summertime Dream or some UA best of series. On rare occaision an 80s or 60s release. Thrift stores have become a "normal" place to see those LP's.

The local CD & vinyl sore I've mentioned,ZIA,has a GL section (thanks to y'know who!).
If I didn't have them all already,I'd buy 'em.

By the way lightbunny,weren't you a member here back in '03?