banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
charlene

jj has outdone himself this time!
LOVE them!

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
charlene

jj has outdone himself this time!
LOVE them!

Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
Borderstone

Here's a challenge:

"Saturday Clothes"! I betcha can't do it! LOL! :D
Old 12-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Ginny

This is the kind of stuff I would expect to see in an art gallery. To be able to capture scenes like this on film is a rare talent and our JJ is just that. I understand he also sings and plays guitar. Another multitalented Lighthead among us. Ron J.
Ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #5
Station Master

Send a message via ICQ to Station Master

lol, ron... yes, you might find these in an art gallery and they would be at a Chris Klugman or David Tseng exhibit, not my own...i have taken a few decent snaps over the years but they don't include these...besides, i would never let my pampered digital toys go out in the rain, lol

it hapened that i was just browsing the net looking for pic of Massey to edit and make into a holiday card and stumbled on these beauts and decided to treat them with some filters and layers, then added the captions...they were already on the internet so i dont feel i broke copyright regs by sharing them, at most i probably just ticked off the photographers by messing up their already fine pics, lol

i do tinker with still and motion video editing and yeah, i know where middle c is on a guitar...wait there is no middle string ...but i suppose i do play a little piano...cos space is at a premium (that kid has taken over the music room, agh)

http://www.aeden.plus.com/toronto/views/01.jpg

this is the MH pic i found that i was gonna put some wreaths on the front doors, add some snow and throw in "Deck the Hall with boughs of holly" but it never happened and instead some folks got an unoriginal kid pic in their mailbox again

i can't find the rainy/umbrella pic at the moment (i forget what combo of keywords i used for that search) but it was actually a colour photo, great as it was, i just desaturated it cos it pleased me and made it look 'european' and then i brought back in the yellow and turquoise hues and threw on the caption which seemed kinda obvious to add if this were to be a neat gord-related poster or toronto postcard

the other is from http://www.morrissey-solo.com/tour/1...ey-outside.jpg and i just 'moved' the taxi in front of the 102.1 van (because as far as i know, the Edge sponsors GL concerts, lol) and treated the photo a bit more, not sure why, then threw in phrase honouring all ye faithful who come every 18 months from far and wide

thx for sharing these char, and for the kind words as always, rj, but i take little credit..and YES, there is a ton of talent which i was witness to last month (your captivating stage presence, your son Laim's poetic artwork, char's writings and glass works, jenney's wonderful material inventions, deb's generous arrangements, the wonderful pickers and vocalists the list GOES ON, i would fear a full attempt at listing names as i would surely miss many and i'm not even aware of all the talents i've been in the presence of over the past 10 years, i think tim quinn is the first cyberGLchap i met, what a kind guy and nice family)...for a new addition, how about sharron's wonderful post at the ng summizing the latest experience, just another gifted with words, what a refreshing spirit

borderstone, as far song image challenges, that's a job for our lorne/stationmaster...is he still on the rock?

hey, i want to hear more about that Gordopoly...who can elaborate on that GREAT idea that someone put together? was there Harry Tracey get out of jail free cards, lol?

cheers all, travel safe during the holidays, i've already done so
jj

ps) ok, download the pics if they do anything for you and then let's let this thread die off and get my name out of the headlines...'jj' will do fine for future reference, char, lol

[ December 23, 2006, 05:45: Message edited by: jj ]
Old 12-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #6
jj

lol, ron... yes, you might find these in an art gallery and they would be at a Chris Klugman or David Tseng exhibit, not my own...i have taken a few decent snaps over the years but they don't include these...besides, i would never let my pampered digital toys go out in the rain, lol

it hapened that i was just browsing the net looking for pic of Massey to edit and make into a holiday card and stumbled on these beauts and decided to treat them with some filters and layers, then added the captions...they were already on the internet so i dont feel i broke copyright regs by sharing them, at most i probably just ticked off the photographers by messing up their already fine pics, lol

i do tinker with still and motion video editing and yeah, i know where middle c is on a guitar...wait there is no middle string ...but i suppose i do play a little piano...cos space is at a premium (that kid has taken over the music room, agh)

http://www.aeden.plus.com/toronto/views/01.jpg

this is the MH pic i found that i was gonna put some wreaths on the front doors, add some snow and throw in "Deck the Hall with boughs of holly" but it never happened and instead some folks got an unoriginal kid pic in their mailbox again

i can't find the rainy/umbrella pic at the moment (i forget what combo of keywords i used for that search) but it was actually a colour photo, great as it was, i just desaturated it cos it pleased me and made it look 'european' and then i brought back in the yellow and turquoise hues and threw on the caption which seemed kinda obvious to add if this were to be a neat gord-related poster or toronto postcard

the other is from http://www.morrissey-solo.com/tour/1...ey-outside.jpg and i just 'moved' the taxi in front of the 102.1 van (because as far as i know, the Edge sponsors GL concerts, lol) and treated the photo a bit more, not sure why, then threw in phrase honouring all ye faithful who come every 18 months from far and wide

thx for sharing these char, and for the kind words as always, rj, but i take little credit..and YES, there is a ton of talent which i was witness to last month (your captivating stage presence, your son Laim's poetic artwork, char's writings and glass works, jenney's wonderful material inventions, deb's generous arrangements, the wonderful pickers and vocalists the list GOES ON, i would fear a full attempt at listing names as i would surely miss many and i'm not even aware of all the talents i've been in the presence of over the past 10 years, i think tim quinn is the first cyberGLchap i met, what a kind guy and nice family)...for a new addition, how about sharron's wonderful post at the ng summizing the latest experience, just another gifted with words, what a refreshing spirit

borderstone, as far song image challenges, that's a job for our lorne/stationmaster...is he still on the rock?

hey, i want to hear more about that Gordopoly...who can elaborate on that GREAT idea that someone put together? was there Harry Tracey get out of jail free cards, lol?

cheers all, travel safe during the holidays, i've already done so
jj

ps) ok, download the pics if they do anything for you and then let's let this thread die off and get my name out of the headlines...'jj' will do fine for future reference, char, lol

[ December 23, 2006, 05:45: Message edited by: jj ]
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
charlene

jj

MaryAnn in Georgia (she was here in 2001) made the GORDOPOLY back a few years ago when a bunch of us invaded Atlanta...she got the kit from the internet somewhere and printed up the money and playing cards etc. It was a fabulously inspired piece of work...I imagine John, Susan and Joan have had hours and hours of fun playing it!
lol

I love the Harrison cards..keep 'em coming....

I've not done up a trip report yet...life's dilemma's have kept me from doing that yet but I will find time soon.....if only for my own collection to be filed away with all the others...

safe travels back home....hugs to Michi and Harrison...
Old 12-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
charlene

jj

MaryAnn in Georgia (she was here in 2001) made the GORDOPOLY back a few years ago when a bunch of us invaded Atlanta...she got the kit from the internet somewhere and printed up the money and playing cards etc. It was a fabulously inspired piece of work...I imagine John, Susan and Joan have had hours and hours of fun playing it!
lol

I love the Harrison cards..keep 'em coming....

I've not done up a trip report yet...life's dilemma's have kept me from doing that yet but I will find time soon.....if only for my own collection to be filed away with all the others...

safe travels back home....hugs to Michi and Harrison...
Old 12-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
GitarGrl

nice work jj. Photoshop I presume?
GitarGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #10
zoneranger

nice work jj. Photoshop I presume?