banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
Knotty pine

Well part of it is... if anybody is interested...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=59722
Knotty pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
Gord H

Well part of it is... if anybody is interested...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=59722
Gord H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
silenceandsound86

Gord,

What is that? I clicked, and it says I have to register, but what am I registering for? Is it a review of the concert?
silenceandsound86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #4
Rona

Gord,

What is that? I clicked, and it says I have to register, but what am I registering for? Is it a review of the concert?
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #5
Gord H

No it's the actual concert itself, you need a Bit Torrent program in order to download it. There was a thread made earlier in the year about this site. The Massey Hall concerts were available back then.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
joveski

thanks gord.
anyone downloading it yet? would love to trade for it since i'm bt-challenged
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #7
Gord H

I already have it. It's not the entire concert just the second half. I just finished remastering it actually.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #8
Erika

Yeah, I'm wondering if any of you folks who are good at bit torrent and have the concerts available (Massey Hall and this one) are willing to sell or something? I'm very new at this downloading concerts thing, and I have dial-up and only one phone line, so I'd have to have no phone for 3 days to download a bit torrent file.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #9
Travis

Yeah, I'm wondering if any of you folks who are good at bit torrent and have the concerts available (Massey Hall and this one) are willing to sell or something? I'm very new at this downloading concerts thing, and I have dial-up and only one phone line, so I'd have to have no phone for 3 days to download a bit torrent file.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
mercedes

May I echo Travis' call ? I'm obviously happy to pay all associated costs.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #11
Gord H

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis:
These torrents on that site are not meant to be sold,only to be traded. It's one thing trading concerts amongst one another without profit, quite another if you are. Me thinks GL would take a very dim view of any of us selling his material which is not officially available.

Thing is lots of people have caught on to Digital Mini Disc recorders, that's how the bulk of these concerts suddenly appear.

Anyway that's your Sunday Sermon for today :D
Old 09-18-2005, 10:29 AM   #12
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by Gord:
quote:Originally posted by Travis:
These torrents on that site are not meant to be sold,only to be traded. It's one thing trading concerts amongst one another without profit, quite another if you are. Me thinks GL would take a very dim view of any of us selling his material which is not officially available.

Thing is lots of people have caught on to Digital Mini Disc recorders, that's how the bulk of these concerts suddenly appear.

Anyway that's your Sunday Sermon for today :D
[/QUOTE]Good points Gord,

Discrete trading off-line from this forum is one thing but I don't think buying & selling has any place here. I for one have always been happy to help the less fortunate among us and I, in turn, have been helped by others. But it is much less offensive to the artist and his crew if this is done off-line. Not that I could cast the first stone even if I had a stone, you understand, LOL.

I think I may have been burned recently but I'll let you know.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #13
Erika

Sorry, guys - I guess I misunderstood the responses I got the last time I asked questions about legality. I guess I assumed that if someone were going to get me copies of the concert, paying for the cd-r/case/artwork/shipping & handling would simply be a matter of thanking the person helping me out.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #14
Travis

Sorry, guys - I guess I misunderstood the responses I got the last time I asked questions about legality. I guess I assumed that if someone were going to get me copies of the concert, paying for the cd-r/case/artwork/shipping & handling would simply be a matter of thanking the person helping me out.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #15
Gord H

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis:
Not a problem, just that one has to be careful in one's wording when it comes to offline trading, "selling,sales" etc usually mean somebody is making a profit off someone else's creative property. Remitting money to cover expenses is quite another.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #16
mercedes

Travis .... well said .... I interpreted your message correctly and that was EXACTLY the intent behind my e-mail as well ....
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote