banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2001, 10:29 PM   #1
igortd

I am a biggest GORDON LIGHTFOOT fan. I am frustrated because the internet does not have gords final four albrums to listen to. (Old Dans Records, Dream Street Rose, Shadows, and Salute) I miss those albrums. I really hope somebody puts those songs on cd. especially Salute(alot more livin to do )because that was the turning point of gords life.
I need help in locateing someplace where I could listen to those songs thanks.
igortd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 10:29 PM   #2
Tom !

I am a biggest GORDON LIGHTFOOT fan. I am frustrated because the internet does not have gords final four albrums to listen to. (Old Dans Records, Dream Street Rose, Shadows, and Salute) I miss those albrums. I really hope somebody puts those songs on cd. especially Salute(alot more livin to do )because that was the turning point of gords life.
I need help in locateing someplace where I could listen to those songs thanks.
Tom ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 12:17 AM   #3
Curtis H

Tom, Log onto Napster-I'll leave my computer on all night and I'll just share my Gordon files so no one else slows down the connection downloading my other songs. I have a cable modem hope you have it too or DSL, but like I said I'll leave it on all night, even with a regular phone line you should be able to complete it by morning. My user name is geo1035. It's just past midnight now-Eastern Standard time-I'll log on in a few minutes
Curtis H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 12:17 AM   #4
geo

Tom, Log onto Napster-I'll leave my computer on all night and I'll just share my Gordon files so no one else slows down the connection downloading my other songs. I have a cable modem hope you have it too or DSL, but like I said I'll leave it on all night, even with a regular phone line you should be able to complete it by morning. My user name is geo1035. It's just past midnight now-Eastern Standard time-I'll log on in a few minutes
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 11:31 PM   #5
greg

This is a message for geo. Do you have all the tracks from the final four CD's? Are they on your Napster file list?....I would like to hear them as well.......My Napster user name is gregmav......please let me know....Thank you in advance.
Old 02-06-2001, 11:31 PM   #6
greg

This is a message for geo. Do you have all the tracks from the final four CD's? Are they on your Napster file list?....I would like to hear them as well.......My Napster user name is gregmav......please let me know....Thank you in advance.
Old 02-07-2001, 02:49 AM   #7
Kemp_Six

Tom, if you weren't able to download those
MP3s I have another suggestion for you. It's
how I finally obtained & made tapes of the
final four. Go to your Public Library. These
days most libraries have tape & CD collections. The County where I live has a
large library system & I was lucky to find all the tapes. Also, for anyone reading this
post - Donating CDs or tapes to your own local library's collection is a great way to
spread Gordon Lightfoots music around. The next time SONGBOOK is on sale at a great price [like it was when it first came out]
I'm going to buy the set & give it to my
library.

Dorothea
Old 02-07-2001, 02:49 AM   #8
Kemp_Six

Tom, if you weren't able to download those
MP3s I have another suggestion for you. It's
how I finally obtained & made tapes of the
final four. Go to your Public Library. These
days most libraries have tape & CD collections. The County where I live has a
large library system & I was lucky to find all the tapes. Also, for anyone reading this
post - Donating CDs or tapes to your own local library's collection is a great way to
spread Gordon Lightfoots music around. The next time SONGBOOK is on sale at a great price [like it was when it first came out]
I'm going to buy the set & give it to my
library.

Dorothea
Old 02-07-2001, 08:34 PM   #9
joveski

or, if you have them on vinyl and know someone who can digital transfers, that'd be better. You lose a bit of quality when compressing to MP3. I had DSR and shadows digitally put on CD for me forr $30. The end results is CD quality when it's been doen digitally.
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 09:38 PM   #10
Curtis H

greg, I have most of them, missing a few. email me when you want me to be online. email is geo1035@optonline.net
Curtis H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 09:38 PM   #11
geo

greg, I have most of them, missing a few. email me when you want me to be online. email is geo1035@optonline.net
geo is offline   Reply With Quote