banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
steve gittins

Now, this is NOT a remake of Gordon's 1975 album. I think it's a "greatest hits of The Who" release.
Also. we're coming up on some important anniversaries, such as "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" which happened on November 10,1975, to be sung about by Gordon on his 1976 "Summertime Dream" album.
Gordon's birthday is Nov.17,1938.
Happy November!
steve gittins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
BendRick

Now, this is NOT a remake of Gordon's 1975 album. I think it's a "greatest hits of The Who" release.
Also. we're coming up on some important anniversaries, such as "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" which happened on November 10,1975, to be sung about by Gordon on his 1976 "Summertime Dream" album.
Gordon's birthday is Nov.17,1938.
Happy November!
BendRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Thanks Rick I had just yesterday added the following to a relevant topic about the bost that inspired Gord's use of that album title.I cannot think of a reason why The Who should have stolen Gord's title for their 2005 album can anybody else?

Quote:
Originally posted by brink:
Thanks Annie, That explains the title to Endless Wire.
I was intrigued by a recent google alert about an album by The Who confusingly entitled
"Endless Wire" which became a recent thread on the newsgroup.I was therefore surprised just now to find in clearing off a floppy disc that in June last year I had saved a CDUNIVERSE webpage for an unconnected purpose and that it features this album from 2005

Could this be another effort by zoneranger I wonder??
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #4
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Thanks Rick I had just yesterday added the following to a relevant topic about the bost that inspired Gord's use of that album title.I cannot think of a reason why The Who should have stolen Gord's title for their 2005 album can anybody else?

Quote:
Originally posted by brink:
I was intrigued by a recent google alert about an album by The Who confusingly entitled
"Endless Wire" which became a recent thread on the newsgroup.I was therefore surprised just now to find in clearing off a floppy disc that in June last year I had saved a CDUNIVERSE webpage for an unconnected purpose and that it features this album from 2005

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
Borderstone

Awww Rick! You beat me to it! I just heard about this same name title last night on Access Hollywood's little screen crawler.

I wonder if they knew about Gordon's LP from 1978?
Could be,maybe not.

Anyhow,the anniversaries,yes! Correcting myself from another thread,it was 30 years ago on the week of Nov. 10th that "Wreck" hit #3 (not #2).

The week of Gordon's birthday,coincidently,it hit #2! I believe it was only there for a week,maybe two (don't have my book with me! ).

We kinda missed the 30th of Gord's appearence on SNL but now it's on DVD,so that marks it well.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
GoofyGurl

Actually, Reno Rick, Gord's "Endless Wire" is from 1978. As to the coincidence of The Who's title of the same, I believe it's just that. Coincidence. I'm not sure that song titles can be copyrighted. Of course, lyrics and notes/chords, etc. are obviously.

Pete Townshend's many years of creativity would not allow for blatant 'copying' of a song title, I don't think.
GoofyGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #7
Kelly Davis

Actually, Reno Rick, Gord's "Endless Wire" is from 1978. As to the coincidence of The Who's title of the same, I believe it's just that. Coincidence. I'm not sure that song titles can be copyrighted. Of course, lyrics and notes/chords, etc. are obviously.

Pete Townshend's many years of creativity would not allow for blatant 'copying' of a song title, I don't think.
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
Yuri

Even with the death of Keith Moon and John Entwhistle I shall be picking up this album. This aging rocker saw "The Who" years ago in Buffalo, NY. Great Show!!!

We are all aware that Gord's own talent would require more than one lifetime before running dry of his own material. However, in order to return the favour, (or in revenge if one could believe this would ever be in Gord's character) he would put out his own version of "Tommy" Hmmmmm, interesting!

Yuri
Bugs! - http://thunderhouse4-yuri.blogspot.com/
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #9
steve gittins

Oops you're right,Kelly, Endless Wire was released in 1978, my last year in High School. My eyes are fading, have to wear reading glasses these days. By the way, on Halloween Night there was a horrible fire in downtown Reno, only two short city blocks from the Pioneer Center where Gordon played in 2000 for PBS! The fire was at the Mizpah Hotel which was built in 1922, and at least 6 died in the fire...dozens more sent to burn centers & homeless centers...how awful.
steve gittins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #10
BendRick

Oops you're right,Kelly, Endless Wire was released in 1978, my last year in High School. My eyes are fading, have to wear reading glasses these days. By the way, on Halloween Night there was a horrible fire in downtown Reno, only two short city blocks from the Pioneer Center where Gordon played in 2000 for PBS! The fire was at the Mizpah Hotel which was built in 1922, and at least 6 died in the fire...dozens more sent to burn centers & homeless centers...how awful.
BendRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:29 AM   #11
GitarGrl

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:
Awww Rick! You beat me to it! I just heard about this same name title last night on Access Hollywood's little screen crawler.

Could be,maybe not.

Anyhow,the anniversaries,yes! Correcting myself from another thread,it was 30 years ago on the week of Nov. 10th that "Wreck" hit #3 (not #2).

The week of Gordon's birthday,coincidently,it hit #2! I believe it was only there for a week,maybe two (don't have my book with me! ).

We kinda missed the 30th of Gord's appearence on SNL but now it's on DVD,so that marks it well.
GitarGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
zoneranger

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:

Could be,maybe not.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:31 AM   #13
GitarGrl

Quote:
Originally posted by johnfowles:

quote:Originally posted by brink:

[/QUOTE]No, John, this was may lame attempt to honor the man....
GitarGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:31 AM   #14
zoneranger

Quote:
Originally posted by johnfowles:

quote:Originally posted by brink:

[/QUOTE]No, John, this was may lame attempt to honor the man....
Old 11-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #15
Borderstone

Maybe Gordon's next album will be called,"Meaty,Beaty,Big & Bouncy"? :D
Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
brink-

Quote:
Originally posted by RenoRick:
By the way, on Halloween Night there was a horrible fire in downtown Reno...The fire was at the Mizpah Hotel which was built in 1922, and at least 6 died in the fire...dozens more sent to burn centers & homeless centers...how awful.
I saw that on MSNBC, how horrible. I heard they caught the woman that set her mattress on fire.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote