banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
sunshine

Default Gordon in Ivins, Utah

What a great beginning to a new tour segment. The setting, the sound, the song choices, the band all excellent. And one other thing that made it a fabulous evening . . . the energy. Gordon's voice, personality and demeanor were in superb form, from his appreciation of the natural beauty of the venue, which was breathtaking, to his dedication of Beautiful for fun to a 31-year old birthday girl in the audience. His reference to Terry, as always, evokes the poignant loss, for them as well as for us; yet his resilience is evident and a marvel in how he has fashioned a cohesive band, an enhanced sound, and a stated respect for Carter while being true to the memory of Terry. Carter is singing now, maybe he was before but I never noticed, and it all flows, seemingly effortlessly, but I am sure the effort involved is significant. On to Las Vegas tonight. The Tuacahn Amphitheater is not to be missed if you ever get the opportunity to go there.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Wes Steele

Default Re: Gordon in Ivins, Utah

Thank you for the review.... glad everything is still working out....
Old 11-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
Carter is singing now, maybe he was before but I never noticed

REALLY? terrific, the more backup singing the better, imo

do you mean on the choruses of Sundown and Triangle? any other moments?
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Dream Street Rose

Quote:
What a great beginning to a new tour segment. The setting, the sound, the song choices, the band all excellent. And one other thing that made it a fabulous evening . . . the energy. Gordon's voice, personality and demeanor were in superb form, from his appreciation of the natural beauty of the venue, which was breathtaking, to his dedication of Beautiful for fun to a 31-year old birthday girl in the audience. His reference to Terry, as always, evokes the poignant loss, for them as well as for us; yet his resilience is evident and a marvel in how he has fashioned a cohesive band, an enhanced sound, and a stated respect for Carter while being true to the memory of Terry. Carter is singing now, maybe he was before but I never noticed, and it all flows, seemingly effortlessly, but I am sure the effort involved is significant. On to Las Vegas tonight. The Tuacahn Amphitheater is not to be missed if you ever get the opportunity to go there.

Sunshine your review was right one. See you tonight.

DSR
Old 11-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
The Tuacahn Amphitheater is not to be missed if you ever get the opportunity to go there.
Sunshine I think I can see what you meant

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
sunshine

Yup, that's the place. Gorgeous. Especially when one factors in the clean air, cascading water flowing, and beautiful Christmas lights?? I think they have an upcoming Christmas production. And a unique gift shop. Gordon commented on how peaceful he found the region, that he has friends back in Toronto who travel to St. George to go "climbing". As you have shown, Sir, there is no shortage of awesome experiences, active or passive, to have with mountains out there. An audience member told me it had been in the 110's until recently, it was in the 40's that night outdoors, the locals came prepared, though, with hats, fleece, gloves, blankets for their legs, sort of an unprecedented, for me, anyway, manner of viewing the concert, but it was all good.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
formerlylavender

That ampitheater is absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to see Gord there. Temperatures in the 40s! I'd be bundled up too. Thanks for posting your reviews.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote