banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-27-2002, 05:26 AM   #1
Gord

I know this isn't directly related to Gord Lightfoot, but felt compelled to share it. Just seemed to me to be kinda eerie to me, my dad's name is Gord as well, I was named Gord after my father much like Gord Lightfoot got his name from his father Gord Lightfoot Sr, and until yesterday both myself ( Gord H) and Gord L were in the hospital!

Hi there just wanted to let you know I had a bit of a scare myself yesterday morning, I was in ER most of the day getting my heart tested up the wazoo for angina based on the symptoms I complained about when I arrived. 7 hours and many tests later showed I didn't have a heart attack and the ER doctor figured it must have been my acid problem in my stomach that got worse despite my med I am taking for it.

But anyway the ER doc said she will be emphatically stating to my family doc that I should undergo stress testing on my heart and a barium x ray on my stomach to completely rule out angina.

Old 09-27-2002, 05:26 AM   #2
Gord

I know this isn't directly related to Gord Lightfoot, but felt compelled to share it. Just seemed to me to be kinda eerie to me, my dad's name is Gord as well, I was named Gord after my father much like Gord Lightfoot got his name from his father Gord Lightfoot Sr, and until yesterday both myself ( Gord H) and Gord L were in the hospital!

Hi there just wanted to let you know I had a bit of a scare myself yesterday morning, I was in ER most of the day getting my heart tested up the wazoo for angina based on the symptoms I complained about when I arrived. 7 hours and many tests later showed I didn't have a heart attack and the ER doctor figured it must have been my acid problem in my stomach that got worse despite my med I am taking for it.

But anyway the ER doc said she will be emphatically stating to my family doc that I should undergo stress testing on my heart and a barium x ray on my stomach to completely rule out angina.

Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 AM   #3
Gord

Ya thanks, I suffered for a year taking antacids and even they weren't helping so I went to the doc about it. Eventually it'll get sorted out.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 AM   #4
Gord

Ya thanks, I suffered for a year taking antacids and even they weren't helping so I went to the doc about it. Eventually it'll get sorted out.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
Lee

Gord!
Glad you're well & that the whole ordeal was a false alarm....we need you here!
8-)

Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #6
ColoradoSue

Send a message via AIM to ColoradoSue

Gord!
Glad you're well & that the whole ordeal was a false alarm....we need you here!
8-)

ColoradoSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #7
Matthew Bullis

To Gord H -
So glad to hear you're better. I'm not a doctor but I do a lot of medical research based on the fact that I don't think medical doctors really want us all to be THAT healthy! I think we're on our own to find good information that will really keep us well. I've known several people with acid reflux problems who are now completely cured because of changes they've made in their diets and by strenghening their immune systems with good, natural supplements - not prescriptions. If you're so inclined, you may want to investigate. I'm not preaching, and I don't mean to be out of line. When we know of things that can help each other, I think it's good to pass those along. I like to help if I can. I practice what I advise, and I'm one of the healthiest people I know! Hope you can find some good info. out there that will help you. Take care and I'm glad you're OK!
Matthew Bullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #8
Melissa

To Gord H -
So glad to hear you're better. I'm not a doctor but I do a lot of medical research based on the fact that I don't think medical doctors really want us all to be THAT healthy! I think we're on our own to find good information that will really keep us well. I've known several people with acid reflux problems who are now completely cured because of changes they've made in their diets and by strenghening their immune systems with good, natural supplements - not prescriptions. If you're so inclined, you may want to investigate. I'm not preaching, and I don't mean to be out of line. When we know of things that can help each other, I think it's good to pass those along. I like to help if I can. I practice what I advise, and I'm one of the healthiest people I know! Hope you can find some good info. out there that will help you. Take care and I'm glad you're OK!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:20 PM   #9
Lee

quote:Originally posted by Melissa:
To Gord H -
".....I'm not a doctor but I do a lot of medical research based on the fact that I don't think medical doctors really want us all to be THAT healthy! I think we're on our own to find good information that will really keep us well....."

Melissa:
My sentiments indeed...there's a looming world-wide threat against our right to freely purchase vitamins & supplements.
As it stands, the American Medical Association is all for the restriction of this right! see below:

http://www.iahf.com/world/981101a.html http://users.visi.net/~cwt/who-codx.html

[This message has been edited by ColoradoSue (edited September 28, 2002).]
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #10
Gord

Thanks but I tend to stick to convential medicine. Not really into all this natural stuff, but thanks for your concern
Old 09-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #11
Gord

Thanks but I tend to stick to convential medicine. Not really into all this natural stuff, but thanks for your concern
Old 09-28-2002, 06:02 PM   #12
Matthew Bullis

Hey, to each his own. Like I said, I'm not preaching. The last person I knew to be cured of acid reflux did it by simply cutting out orange juice, acid fruits and tomatoes. Food for thought. No pun intended!

Melissa
Matthew Bullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 06:02 PM   #13
Melissa

Hey, to each his own. Like I said, I'm not preaching. The last person I knew to be cured of acid reflux did it by simply cutting out orange juice, acid fruits and tomatoes. Food for thought. No pun intended!

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:55 PM   #14
Brian 57

NO, PLEASE!!! As tempting as it may be, please don't debate with The Watchman! He's in a league of his own!
Brian 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 08:18 PM   #15
violet Blue Horse

Ouch! Barium x-rays are not the most fun in the world. My Dad went through quite a few of those in his life. Keeping the stuff down long enough to x-ray it is the hardest part I'm told. Stress can also increase the likelyhood of acid reflux episoides and ulcers. Good luck with the tests.

quote:Originally posted by Gord:

------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

--R.W. Emerson
Old 10-01-2002, 08:18 PM   #16
violet Blue Horse

Ouch! Barium x-rays are not the most fun in the world. My Dad went through quite a few of those in his life. Keeping the stuff down long enough to x-ray it is the hardest part I'm told. Stress can also increase the likelyhood of acid reflux episoides and ulcers. Good luck with the tests.

quote:Originally posted by Gord:

------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

--R.W. Emerson
Old 10-01-2002, 08:57 PM   #17
Gord

Stress.... that's what the doctor said... just that week was one from hell for me, not going into details, suffice to say I have had enough occurences that it has prompted me to scale back on a few things! Never had a barium done before, I am hoping the new pills I am on stop this from happening again. Told the ER nurse I felt like a complete idiot showing up in ER with this problem, she told me you don't know if it's yer stomach or yer heart do you? We have the tools to rule either out. It has been drilled into my head you go to ER only if you have a knife sticking outta yer skull etc. Well you get the picture.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:57 PM   #18
Gord

Stress.... that's what the doctor said... just that week was one from hell for me, not going into details, suffice to say I have had enough occurences that it has prompted me to scale back on a few things! Never had a barium done before, I am hoping the new pills I am on stop this from happening again. Told the ER nurse I felt like a complete idiot showing up in ER with this problem, she told me you don't know if it's yer stomach or yer heart do you? We have the tools to rule either out. It has been drilled into my head you go to ER only if you have a knife sticking outta yer skull etc. Well you get the picture.