banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
minstrelms

Can anyone help me? I'd like to know where I can buy GL t-shirts or key chains or something that has GL on it. I may be out of the loop of the concert scene a bit, but it seems as though years ago, concert merchandise (t-shirts featuring the band, posters, etc.) was easy to obtain at a concert. If anyone has ideas for me on where I can purchase some GL merchandise, I'd love to know. TIA
minstrelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 07:13 PM   #2
loveyagord

Can anyone help me? I'd like to know where I can buy GL t-shirts or key chains or something that has GL on it. I may be out of the loop of the concert scene a bit, but it seems as though years ago, concert merchandise (t-shirts featuring the band, posters, etc.) was easy to obtain at a concert. If anyone has ideas for me on where I can purchase some GL merchandise, I'd love to know. TIA
loveyagord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
MinstrelOfTheDawn

There is a slight problem with 'getting something made'. YOU MUST CONTACT EMP and get clearance from them. If EMP heres about any material with Gord's face, some of his words or an imagae from an album or CD, they will track you down and sue you. Truly!
MinstrelOfTheDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 12:21 PM   #4
minstrelms

There is a slight problem with 'getting something made'. YOU MUST CONTACT EMP and get clearance from them. If EMP heres about any material with Gord's face, some of his words or an imagae from an album or CD, they will track you down and sue you. Truly!
minstrelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
Borderstone

You know,this question really was never answered. Does anyone out there have any idea where to buy a GL t-shirt? (Outside of getting one at a concert?)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:
Does anyone out there have any idea where to buy a GL t-shirt? (Outside of getting one at a concert?)
yes go to a Massey Hall Convention but first make sure you volunter to organise tee shirts for all attendees and get your design cleared with EMP.Basically minstrelms hit the nail firmly on the head.
Walter don't delude yourself you will get very old very quickly trying to buy any merchandise let alone a tee shirt at any GL concert.For example there is never even a sales desk or table for his CDs at any concert

a 1999 "Canary Yellow Canoe" Convention Tee shirt on a striking model

Darin Hogan from Minnesota who completely organised both the 1999 and 2001 Convention tee shirts wearing the 2001 APP....T-shirt with a Minstrel Man in May 2001

designs used on the shirts for cancelled 2002 Convention

and an Australian model(skippy the Kangaroo) (with Derek "Zippo" Kidd And Edmund Mullen)
OK Walter you have a few months before November 2006 so get cracking lad!!
John Fowles

[ May 19, 2006, 21:45: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Borderstone:
Does anyone out there have any idea where to buy a GL t-shirt? (Outside of getting one at a concert?)
yes go to a Massey Hall Convention but first make sure you volunter to organise tee shirts for all attendees and get your design cleared with EMP.Basically minstrelms hit the nail firmly on the head.
Walter don't delude yourself you will get very old very quickly trying to buy any merchandise let alone a tee shirt at any GL concert.For example there is never even a sales desk or table for his CDs at any concert

a 1999 "Canary Yellow Canoe" Convention Tee shirt on a striking model

Darin Hogan from Minnesota who completely organised both the 1999 and 2001 Convention tee shirts wearing the 2001 APP....T-shirt with a Minstrel Man in May 2001

designs used on the shirts for cancelled 2002 Convention

and an Australian model(skippy the Kangaroo) (with Derek "Zippo" Kidd And Edmund Mullen)
OK Walter you have a few months before November 2006 so get cracking lad!!
John Fowles

[ May 19, 2006, 21:45: Message edited by: johnfowles ]
Old 05-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
Jesse Joe

I too had that same question for years. The only thing I could come up with. There was a store in the mall where they printed Ball caps, T- Shirts, and whatever. So I would have the T-Shirt of my choice. Just buy a T- shirt, the colour I wanted and have whatever I wanted press on it. Same with caps. Many people were stoping me asking me where I got those GL items... :D
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #9
Jesse Joe

I too had that same question for years. The only thing I could come up with. There was a store in the mall where they printed Ball caps, T- Shirts, and whatever. So I would have the T-Shirt of my choice. Just buy a T- shirt, the colour I wanted and have whatever I wanted press on it. Same with caps. Many people were stoping me asking me where I got those GL items... :D
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #10
Iron

I'll sell You Gloria's car,it has Gord stickers on the windows...
Old 05-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #11
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

LOL!!!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
GoofyGurl

I took the "Gordon Lightfoot" name logo from "Enless Wire" album cover (or Live at Massey Hall" video)(same logo) and took it to my local print shop.
They made me a shirt for around $25.
I also put on the back the Massey Hall info. from a concert. Also put the Canadian flag on the front above Gord's name. People were asking me also where I got it.
My wife and I wore this shirt the last time I met Gord and the band. We have a picture with us and Gord wearing the shirts. Barry Keane commented on how much he liked it.
Illegal? Maybe. But Gord never complained!!!!!!
GoofyGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
Kelly Davis

I took the "Gordon Lightfoot" name logo from "Enless Wire" album cover (or Live at Massey Hall" video)(same logo) and took it to my local print shop.
They made me a shirt for around $25.
I also put on the back the Massey Hall info. from a concert. Also put the Canadian flag on the front above Gord's name. People were asking me also where I got it.
My wife and I wore this shirt the last time I met Gord and the band. We have a picture with us and Gord wearing the shirts. Barry Keane commented on how much he liked it.
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #14
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Davis:
I. We have a picture with us and Gord wearing the shirts. Barry Keane commented on how much he liked it.
Very resourceful Kelly
Now can you scan the picture and display it here so we can all admire it and you and your wife of course also
John Fowles
Old 05-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #15
johnfowles

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Davis:
I. We have a picture with us and Gord wearing the shirts. Barry Keane commented on how much he liked it.
Very resourceful Kelly
Now can you scan the picture and display it here so we can all admire it and you and your wife of course also
John Fowles