banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
Auburn Annie

Well this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone plays the autoharp, and if they've worked out some songs by Gordon which work well on autoharp? If you don't know what an autoharp is, and are curious, you probably had about fifteen minutes of music education on it. Go to
www.MusiciansFriend.com
and put OS30C in the search box, to see the reversed design one I play. This is different from the other autoharps, since the buttons are on the left. Anyhow, thought I'd ask, and perhaps spark some curiosity, and perhaps some new players. It's a simple instrument, even if you feel you have no musical ability. I've been able to get pretty advanced with it, using picks on all fingers to get several sounds at once.
Matthew
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
Matthew Bullis

Well this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone plays the autoharp, and if they've worked out some songs by Gordon which work well on autoharp? If you don't know what an autoharp is, and are curious, you probably had about fifteen minutes of music education on it. Go to
www.MusiciansFriend.com
and put OS30C in the search box, to see the reversed design one I play. This is different from the other autoharps, since the buttons are on the left. Anyhow, thought I'd ask, and perhaps spark some curiosity, and perhaps some new players. It's a simple instrument, even if you feel you have no musical ability. I've been able to get pretty advanced with it, using picks on all fingers to get several sounds at once.
Matthew
Matthew Bullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

My mom taught me the autoharp when I was a kid -- haven't played it since! So, I guess my answer would be no, haven't worked out any Gord songs on it. Let us know how you do!

She used to take me to hootenanny's. Boy, they were fun and LOUD! I was around 5, I guess. Lots of people, each with a different instrument, usually guitars, all playing along, with one leader generally leading the pack. That takes me back.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:23 AM   #4
Don Quixote

Doesn't "Saturday Clothes" have an autoharp?
DQ
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote