banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 05-22-2003, 12:55 AM   #1
wsm2506

It seems to me that the people who are drawn to the music and lyrics of Gordon Lightfoot and others of the same type; are very special people. They don't just hear the music in their ears, they hear it in their heart.

I play guitar and sing (guitar= Martin DM; voice = deep bass). But I sing ala Harry Chapin; "A BETTER WAY TO BE".) No. I am not conceret quality. I know that.

Gordon?? My most favorite song of all my life is "IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND". You really don't want to know why.

This could be a GREAT forum for all people who love not only Gordon, but all folk type music.

Bless you all

Steve
wsm2506@direcway.com

------------------
As long as I'm a ghost; that you can't see.
wsm2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
Edna Clouds

wsm you are, of course, correct in your assumption that GL fans are special intuitive people I also poccess a Martin D18. great tone, plus a Gibson J30. Harry Chapin also rates high, Flowers Are Red and Story Of A Life rate quite high IMHO A Better Place To Be is stand out.

Loudon Wainwright's Your Mother And I is a very touching song. Jimmy Buffett's He Went To Paris all good songs that I just had to learn on the guitar. I guess anybody who plays (acoustic) guitar and hears these songs just has to sing them. I have just discovered Bob Dylan's Blind Willie McTell The list goes on.

Welcome aboard
Edna Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #3
gwen snyder

Glad you are here Steve. Perhaps the quality of a person (the way I read people) is whether they listen with their heart or with their head.
GSS
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote