banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-12-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
Toronto Fan

Harmony is quite simply one of Gord's best albums, which came as a totally pleasant surprise. His voice is as good as it's been in years, and the songwriting is top notch. It has a darker feel than some of his more recent efforts, which has always suited his sort of mysterious style. I would say it's his best effort since Summertime Dream or Shadows (I think it has a similar feel to the latter). Hopefully he can keep the ball rolling and dredge up some inspiration from his near death experience. I've heard (from the man himself) that due to the ungoing procedures on his stomach, he's been unable to really test out his voice (singers project from their stomach), so hopefuuly everything will be fine in that regard. He's planning on doing a benefit for McMaster Hospital (where he was treated) in November, and to do some dates sometime in 2005. Can't wait!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:09 PM   #2
Toronto Fan

Harmony is quite simply one of Gord's best albums, which came as a totally pleasant surprise. His voice is as good as it's been in years, and the songwriting is top notch. It has a darker feel than some of his more recent efforts, which has always suited his sort of mysterious style. I would say it's his best effort since Summertime Dream or Shadows (I think it has a similar feel to the latter). Hopefully he can keep the ball rolling and dredge up some inspiration from his near death experience. I've heard (from the man himself) that due to the ungoing procedures on his stomach, he's been unable to really test out his voice (singers project from their stomach), so hopefuuly everything will be fine in that regard. He's planning on doing a benefit for McMaster Hospital (where he was treated) in November, and to do some dates sometime in 2005. Can't wait!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:05 AM   #3
Borderstone

I like that analysis of Gord's singing you mentioned. Mysterious describes Gordon's musical style to a T! The great thing is,no one can copycat it or claim it as their own.

...and how many artists out htere can truly say they have fans that like something about each and every studio LP they've released?

Not even,Elvis,The Beatles,The Bee Gees,Michael Jackson or Mariah. (Even though I do like all of hers...and her! )

Been me,Aurevoir!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote