banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 06-18-2000, 07:41 PM   #1
Cathie

I have been a big fan of Gordon Lightfoot for the past 30 years. I own many of his albums on vinyl and have purchased all of his CD's I can find. However, I cannot find Dream Street Rose or Shadows on CD. I have not found them in any store or available anywhere online (Amazon.com and CDnow.com do not list them).

Were these 2 essential albums ever released on CD? If so why can't I find them now?
Cathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2000, 07:41 PM   #2
WillieMaysFan

I have been a big fan of Gordon Lightfoot for the past 30 years. I own many of his albums on vinyl and have purchased all of his CD's I can find. However, I cannot find Dream Street Rose or Shadows on CD. I have not found them in any store or available anywhere online (Amazon.com and CDnow.com do not list them).

Were these 2 essential albums ever released on CD? If so why can't I find them now?
WillieMaysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2000, 10:08 PM   #3
CanadaGirl38

Here's the trick - they were never released on CD. Word is tehy will be in the not too distant future. Stay tuned. Also not on CD - Old Dan's Records (I STILL can't believe that!) and one other that escapes me at the moment - it's late and I'm going to sleep. Some awake person will fill in the last one.....
CanadaGirl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2000, 10:08 PM   #4
fezo

Here's the trick - they were never released on CD. Word is tehy will be in the not too distant future. Stay tuned. Also not on CD - Old Dan's Records (I STILL can't believe that!) and one other that escapes me at the moment - it's late and I'm going to sleep. Some awake person will fill in the last one.....
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2000, 11:59 PM   #5
Florian

The last one of the four is Salute.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2000, 11:35 AM   #6
CanadaGirl38

That's the one! Florian gets the cigar.
Old 06-19-2000, 11:35 AM   #7
fezo

That's the one! Florian gets the cigar.
Old 06-20-2000, 01:24 AM   #8
Cathie

So they might be rereleased in the not too distant future? Is that just an ongoing speculation or is there real evidence that they will DEFINITELY be on CD someday?
Any reason these 2 albums (2 of his best in MHO) never made it to the silver platter?
Old 06-20-2000, 01:24 AM   #9
WillieMaysFan

So they might be rereleased in the not too distant future? Is that just an ongoing speculation or is there real evidence that they will DEFINITELY be on CD someday?
Any reason these 2 albums (2 of his best in MHO) never made it to the silver platter?
Old 06-20-2000, 01:25 AM   #10
Cathie

Oh, I forgot to add, that goes for all four albums. Also, I really appreciate this board and all the kind and helpful folks on it.
Old 06-20-2000, 01:25 AM   #11
WillieMaysFan

Oh, I forgot to add, that goes for all four albums. Also, I really appreciate this board and all the kind and helpful folks on it.
Old 06-20-2000, 11:26 AM   #12
paradoxides

ok, here it is as i understand it.....his highest selling albums were released onto CD and then did not do as well as was hoped, therefore the others weren't done. I agree that they are wonderful and brilliant, but if i didn't i probably wouldn't be hanging about a GL forum.... anyway, i believe that releasing the "final four" onto CD is the next thing going on from him, but i am not positive...perhaps some one else can say whether they will definitely be released? It is my understanding that they will be, but this doesn't always mean anything....

------------------
bottles, beads and cigarettes and lovers that i ain't found yet. Picking with a friend 'til dawn, singing all those hi'way songs.
-GL

paradoxides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2000, 11:26 AM   #13
Pirate Queen

ok, here it is as i understand it.....his highest selling albums were released onto CD and then did not do as well as was hoped, therefore the others weren't done. I agree that they are wonderful and brilliant, but if i didn't i probably wouldn't be hanging about a GL forum.... anyway, i believe that releasing the "final four" onto CD is the next thing going on from him, but i am not positive...perhaps some one else can say whether they will definitely be released? It is my understanding that they will be, but this doesn't always mean anything....

------------------
bottles, beads and cigarettes and lovers that i ain't found yet. Picking with a friend 'til dawn, singing all those hi'way songs.
-GL

Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2000, 01:40 PM   #14
CanadaGirl38

You'll notice a great deal of "correct me if I'm wrong" around here, but I believe that informatio is correct. The folks that released the Songbook (Rhino?) have releasing the final four next on the agenda.

As near as I can tell GL wants to have "events" spaced out a little - thus not releasing the albums on CD at the same time as "Songbook." They are coming....
Old 06-20-2000, 01:40 PM   #15
fezo

You'll notice a great deal of "correct me if I'm wrong" around here, but I believe that informatio is correct. The folks that released the Songbook (Rhino?) have releasing the final four next on the agenda.

As near as I can tell GL wants to have "events" spaced out a little - thus not releasing the albums on CD at the same time as "Songbook." They are coming....