banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #1
kaydee

Well, I've just returned home from Toronto and my beloved Great Lakes and while I'm still operating under "total Lightfoot immersion" I'm taking the advice of my fellow Lightheads and checking out this discussion board!

As a resident "lurker" on the Lightfoot internet circuit I've managed to keep up with most of the news over the last several years, but it wasn't until I met up once again with the internet crowd in Toronto that I realized how much I had been missing! I remember all the fun I had in Toronto in 2001, and told myself that I wanted to make an effort to stay in touch with the folks I'd come to know (so many kind people, all with that common admiration for the beatiful art Gord has created), but life intervened and took me down some tricky roads. What can I say? Gord said it well when he wrote, "I have felt the winds of change go stealing through my heart and soul, how wild they seem." And you can't appreciate the mountains without the valleys!

As I attempted to explain to a coworker a couple of weeks ago, there are a few constants in one's life as she travels along, and for me one of those constants has been Gord's music. In the best of times and in the worst of times (and all the times in between!), I've never had to worry about a soundtrack because it has already been written. The release of "Harmony" last year was a pure bonus, and if we are lucky enough to have Gord with us a little while longer it can only be even more icing on the cake.

I am still in post-Massey heaven . . . but when I find my feet back here on earth I look forward to joining in the fun of your discussion group here.

All the best,
Anne in Oklahoma

[ May 23, 2005, 21:12: Message edited by: AnneOK ]
kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
AnneOK

Well, I've just returned home from Toronto and my beloved Great Lakes and while I'm still operating under "total Lightfoot immersion" I'm taking the advice of my fellow Lightheads and checking out this discussion board!

As a resident "lurker" on the Lightfoot internet circuit I've managed to keep up with most of the news over the last several years, but it wasn't until I met up once again with the internet crowd in Toronto that I realized how much I had been missing! I remember all the fun I had in Toronto in 2001, and told myself that I wanted to make an effort to stay in touch with the folks I'd come to know (so many kind people, all with that common admiration for the beatiful art Gord has created), but life intervened and took me down some tricky roads. What can I say? Gord said it well when he wrote, "I have felt the winds of change go stealing through my heart and soul, how wild they seem." And you can't appreciate the mountains without the valleys!

As I attempted to explain to a coworker a couple of weeks ago, there are a few constants in one's life as she travels along, and for me one of those constants has been Gord's music. In the best of times and in the worst of times (and all the times in between!), I've never had to worry about a soundtrack because it has already been written. The release of "Harmony" last year was a pure bonus, and if we are lucky enough to have Gord with us a little while longer it can only be even more icing on the cake.

I am still in post-Massey heaven . . . but when I find my feet back here on earth I look forward to joining in the fun of your discussion group here.

All the best,
Anne in Oklahoma

[ May 23, 2005, 21:12: Message edited by: AnneOK ]
AnneOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
jeffyjo

another person in Oklahoma? Couldn't be.

Whereabout are you?

Jeff
jeffyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 AM   #4
Sydney Steve

The "poetic touch" in the words within your post give you away as a GL lover Anne. It is evident in so many of the people who post here. You will have lots of fun and make lots of cyber (and real ) friends among this mob. Enjoy 'em!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

Welcome, Anne! You're among friends!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #6
kaydee

Hi folks; thanks for the welcome!

Jeff, I'm in OKC.

Happy posting!
kaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
AnneOK

Hi folks; thanks for the welcome!

Jeff, I'm in OKC.

Happy posting!
AnneOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #8
patrick

Anne - it was great seeing you again! As well as many of the other Lightheads I know/knew from the newsgroup...

andy
patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #9
Andy T.

Send a message via AIM to Andy T.

Anne - it was great seeing you again! As well as many of the other Lightheads I know/knew from the newsgroup...

andy
Andy T. is offline   Reply With Quote