banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-18-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
miketouhy

while Gordon was for the most part a strict foward folk singer, 1 song that did sound like a rock song was Cotton Jenny. it might of not had an electric guitar in it and i'm not saying every up temple folk song sounds like a rock song.but this one did.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
miketouhy

while Gordon was for the most part a strict foward folk singer, 1 song that did sound like a rock song was Cotton Jenny. it might of not had an electric guitar in it and i'm not saying every up temple folk song sounds like a rock song.but this one did.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Sheryl Klein

While everyone has a right to their own opinion and things are in the eyes of the beholder, I, respectfully, couldn't disagree with you more. If anything, it sounds like Country/Western to me. I've noticed (as I've been listening to about 9 CD's of his that I've never heard before) that several of his songs sound a bit C/W to me. Parts of songs are a bit "folk," then switch to a bit of C/W, and go back and forth. They're interesting transitions. Couldn't love the Big Guy more. I like you, too, Mike, no fear.

Sheryl
Old 11-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
Sheryl Klein

While everyone has a right to their own opinion and things are in the eyes of the beholder, I, respectfully, couldn't disagree with you more. If anything, it sounds like Country/Western to me. I've noticed (as I've been listening to about 9 CD's of his that I've never heard before) that several of his songs sound a bit C/W to me. Parts of songs are a bit "folk," then switch to a bit of C/W, and go back and forth. They're interesting transitions. Couldn't love the Big Guy more. I like you, too, Mike, no fear.

Sheryl
Old 11-19-2004, 09:20 AM   #5
Cubfan64

I don't hear any rock'n'roll in it, either. Seems even more country than most, and such is the subject matter of the song. Are you sure it's "Cotton Jenny" you're thinking of?

Dan

Playin' up in Michigan
Cubfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:20 AM   #6
The Intended

I don't hear any rock'n'roll in it, either. Seems even more country than most, and such is the subject matter of the song. Are you sure it's "Cotton Jenny" you're thinking of?

Dan

Playin' up in Michigan
The Intended is offline   Reply With Quote