banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
buzzard

Default Meadowbrook July Concert

I ordered tickets today for the July concert in Rochester Hills, Michigan (thanks to Val for the heads up that tickets are on sale), and had an interesting experience this group might appreciate. Their system was running a bit slow and there were three or four slight delays in placing the order (determining seats available, finding my account information, confirming the order). While waiting, the lady taking my order began humming the Wreck. I thought this was an interesting version of background music! Later she commented that she liked alot of Lightfoot songs and began humming some of those. Maybe it was a slow day – Meadowbrook is an outdoor theatre and they probably weren’t getting many orders during today’s freak April snow storm. Anyway, lots of good seats left (I got row B).
Go Spartans!

Brian
buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
podunklander

Default Re: Meadowbrook July Concert

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I ordered tickets today for the July concert in Rochester Hills, Michigan (thanks to Val for the heads up that tickets are on sale), and had an interesting experience this group might appreciate. Their system was running a bit slow and there were three or four slight delays in placing the order (determining seats available, finding my account information, confirming the order). While waiting, the lady taking my order began humming the Wreck. I thought this was an interesting version of background music! Later she commented that she liked alot of Lightfoot songs and began humming some of those. Maybe it was a slow day – Meadowbrook is an outdoor theatre and they probably weren’t getting many orders during today’s freak April snow storm. Anyway, lots of good seats left (I got row B).
Go Spartans!

Brian
That is great! Just great...all of it (even the part about the Spartans )
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
charlene

Way to go Brian!
If I lived closer to you I'd go with you!

how 'bout them Jays?

charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Moosedog

Great, Brian - glad you got good seats. I'm hoping to get to this one, and Interlochen.

Vickie
Moosedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Oh, Linda

A great venue for a concert, and not too far from me. I first saw Gordon Lightfoot at this theater in the summer of 1988! Yikes, that was a long time ago. I remember he sounded terrific. But he kept yelling at a soundman, I think named Bob, during the first half of the show.

I can't believe I waited 20 years until last September to see him again. What was I thinking?

Sad to say I'm probably going to have to miss this concert. Bad timing. But Brian, do have a great time and let us know how it was!
Oh, Linda is offline   Reply With Quote