banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-21-2003, 09:14 AM   #1
newfiegirl

My favorite Gordon Lightfoot song is "The Circle is Small" because I've been in that situation before and it hurt so much. I can feel how Gordon is hurting, and I can relate. My "first love" did me that way long ago. Yeah, this song brings tears to my eyes. I finally found it. I didn't know the correct song title and could never find it.
newfiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:14 AM   #2
derbal

My favorite Gordon Lightfoot song is "The Circle is Small" because I've been in that situation before and it hurt so much. I can feel how Gordon is hurting, and I can relate. My "first love" did me that way long ago. Yeah, this song brings tears to my eyes. I finally found it. I didn't know the correct song title and could never find it.
derbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
DMD3

Not again.

Pleassssse don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be rude, but you really should have posted this under the "Your favorite Gordon Lightfoot Song" topic, you know, the one who has over 400 replies.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:45 AM   #4
DMD3

Not again.

Pleassssse don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be rude, but you really should have posted this under the "Your favorite Gordon Lightfoot Song" topic, you know, the one who has over 400 replies.

Old 05-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #5
Sundown17

"Pleassssse don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be rude, but"...when a topic has over 400 replies...maybe it's time to start a new one. Some computers take too d*mn long to load a thread that has 400 entries.

derbal - Yes, hits too close to home for many of us. That's the way love goes sometimes and that's why Gord's music is so great. He knows. Hope you got over it and went on to have other great loves.
Sundown17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:53 AM   #6
MotherofaMinersChild

"Pleassssse don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be rude, but"...when a topic has over 400 replies...maybe it's time to start a new one. Some computers take too d*mn long to load a thread that has 400 entries.

derbal - Yes, hits too close to home for many of us. That's the way love goes sometimes and that's why Gord's music is so great. He knows. Hope you got over it and went on to have other great loves.
MotherofaMinersChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:55 PM   #7
Tyler

I agree with starting a new thread, the other one is so long that I just skip over it and read the other topics.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:55 PM   #8
brink

I agree with starting a new thread, the other one is so long that I just skip over it and read the other topics.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:43 PM   #9
theotterjudystill

My favorite?

"IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND"

You don't want to know why.

Steve
theotterjudystill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:43 PM   #10
wsm2506

My favorite?

"IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND"

You don't want to know why.

Steve
wsm2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #11
Borderstone

I'm not even replying to this again. Others who've been here awhile can if they want to and the new "post-ies" as well,but I'm done on this one.///// What's so hard about the other thread? Click the #9 and then arrow scroll down. You don't have to look at all of them. I read them all once and that's plenty. If Florian feels the thread is too long,maybe he should archive (store it seperatly) somewhere and we can view it if we choose to. Later!

------------------
Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 09:28 PM   #12
Sundown17

Okay, Borderstone, now I am really confused. I explained why I thought starting a new thread on this same old subject was a good idea...it takes some pcs too long to load 400 replies before you even get the option to click on page 9. I didn't say it was hard, just time consuming.

And then you go on to say that "If Florian feels the thread is too long,maybe he should archive (store it seperatly) somewhere and we can view it if we choose to." Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of Florian in quite some time. And as far as archiving it and we could view it if we choose to...how is that any better/different than what we've done here by starting a new thread?

And FYI, if you do a subject search for "favorite song" 45 threads come up. So obviously this is not the first time a new "favorite song" thread has broken from the pack.

Let's take joy in the fact that a fellow appreciator of Gord's music was moved to share his/her feelings by posting a topic and not get sidetracked in the logistics of where it should have been posted.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:28 PM   #13
MotherofaMinersChild

Okay, Borderstone, now I am really confused. I explained why I thought starting a new thread on this same old subject was a good idea...it takes some pcs too long to load 400 replies before you even get the option to click on page 9. I didn't say it was hard, just time consuming.

And then you go on to say that "If Florian feels the thread is too long,maybe he should archive (store it seperatly) somewhere and we can view it if we choose to." Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of Florian in quite some time. And as far as archiving it and we could view it if we choose to...how is that any better/different than what we've done here by starting a new thread?

And FYI, if you do a subject search for "favorite song" 45 threads come up. So obviously this is not the first time a new "favorite song" thread has broken from the pack.

Let's take joy in the fact that a fellow appreciator of Gord's music was moved to share his/her feelings by posting a topic and not get sidetracked in the logistics of where it should have been posted.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #14
DMD3

If your computer is slow and you want it to freeze, just click on the EXPLAINATION OF SMILIES topic. Danged if all those smilies don't take a long time to load.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:13 AM   #15
DMD3

If your computer is slow and you want it to freeze, just click on the EXPLAINATION OF SMILIES topic. Danged if all those smilies don't take a long time to load.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:17 AM   #16
Sundown17

LOL. That's for sure, DMD3.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:17 AM   #17
MotherofaMinersChild

LOL. That's for sure, DMD3.