banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-09-2002, 11:32 PM   #1
Mariposa Belle

Thanks for your kind responses, folks.

I did a little digging and you can find the Hospital where Gord is recuperating has an official media statement at "www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca" (Hamilton Health Sciences, in case I got the URL wrong). They have a link to send flowers on-line as well, but I don't know if that's such a good idea since there must be an overflow already.

As I stated before, a donation can be made to the Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital, which was to be the beneficiary of Gord's concert the night he took ill and was where, ironically enough, he was taken to be stabilized. The website is "www.osmh.on.ca" and look up the foundation/donations link.

An interesting trove of trivia for the die-hard fans. The Opera House in Orillia has a website and is found at "www.operahouse.orillia.on.ca". This is where Gord last performed and they dedicated the main auditorium in his honour. Gord also attended highschool in Orillia (as I did too) and they have a website. It is "odc.scdsb.on.ca" for Orillia District Collegiate. It's a small town school so don't judge the website too harshly, but it does have a few pics.

My moniker "Mariposa Belle" is the name of a steamhip that sank in Lake Couchiching and was immortalized by the famed humorist Stephen Leacock from his not-so-fictional account of Orillia called "Sunshine Sketches of a Small town". No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce, but for people that grew up in our small town such as Gord and many others, there is a piece of our heart that never leaves.

Thanks for letting me contribute a small part to a great website