banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
MatthewBullis

Hello, I've just updated my rare music web site with a concert from 2002. If you were at this concert in Albany, or if you know someone who was, you should enjoy this. It's two discs long, so there's quite a bit to download. Hopefully Les can get the audio stream updated so you can hear this without downloading if you wish to do so. Still no word on a dial-up stream though. Anyway, go get it and let me know what you think at http://listen.to/RareGord
If you've bookmarked the Sheeken address, go ahead and use that one, as the listen to address forwards to that site anyway. Enjoy. The sound quality is excellent, so don't cheat yourself by listening on a set of computer speakers that don't have a subwoofer. If these kind of speakers are the only kind you have, then make cd's of this and hear it on your stereo.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew
Old 01-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #2
MatthewBullis

Hello, I've just updated my rare music web site with a concert from 2002. If you were at this concert in Albany, or if you know someone who was, you should enjoy this. It's two discs long, so there's quite a bit to download. Hopefully Les can get the audio stream updated so you can hear this without downloading if you wish to do so. Still no word on a dial-up stream though. Anyway, go get it and let me know what you think at http://listen.to/RareGord
If you've bookmarked the Sheeken address, go ahead and use that one, as the listen to address forwards to that site anyway. Enjoy. The sound quality is excellent, so don't cheat yourself by listening on a set of computer speakers that don't have a subwoofer. If these kind of speakers are the only kind you have, then make cd's of this and hear it on your stereo.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew
Old 01-21-2003, 05:41 AM   #3
Gord

Sounds great! Another project for me to do on a cold winter day!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:41 AM   #4
Gord

Sounds great! Another project for me to do on a cold winter day!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
seahawk11

Thanks a million...BTW, check out 'Triangle'...he does a condensed version here, for whatever reason.
seahawk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 06:23 AM   #6
Gord

Both Mende Joveski and myself have Montreaux on CD.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:23 AM   #7
Gord

Both Mende Joveski and myself have Montreaux on CD.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #8
ChristopherPennington

Wow!! This stuff is great - thanks so much for doing this Matthew. I especially enjoyed hearing Never Too Close and The Watchman's Gone from the Albany Concert. (Obviously) I would **love** to see any concert stuff from the mid 70s-early 80s uploaded.
ChristopherPennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #9
70sFan

Wow!! This stuff is great - thanks so much for doing this Matthew. I especially enjoyed hearing Never Too Close and The Watchman's Gone from the Albany Concert. (Obviously) I would **love** to see any concert stuff from the mid 70s-early 80s uploaded.
70sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #10
Gord

I know how to do pictures on my website, I have no idea how to put MP3's on my website. My Montreaux actually came from Mende.

That is something I may consider adding to my own website, lemme sit on it a few days while I figure out the logistics.

I'd like to know who the dufus was who did the backup "vocals" that guy ruined a class act recording. If anyone from the Lightfoot band reads this and it was one of you guys, please accept my apologies.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #11
Gord

I know how to do pictures on my website, I have no idea how to put MP3's on my website. My Montreaux actually came from Mende.

That is something I may consider adding to my own website, lemme sit on it a few days while I figure out the logistics.

I'd like to know who the dufus was who did the backup "vocals" that guy ruined a class act recording. If anyone from the Lightfoot band reads this and it was one of you guys, please accept my apologies.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:49 AM   #12
Gord

Ya I just found that out LOL, I figured out how to add an MP3 to my Lightfoot site, unfortunateltly when uploading to the server it failed cuz I exceeded my space allotment.

Sorry guys.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:49 AM   #13
Gord

Ya I just found that out LOL, I figured out how to add an MP3 to my Lightfoot site, unfortunateltly when uploading to the server it failed cuz I exceeded my space allotment.

Sorry guys.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
joveski

yeah, i have a few shows from the 70s like gord's performance at the rolling thunder review with dylan, montreux, 6/5/98, 11/11/00, 26/5/01, 98 radio broadcast, and the remember me compilation. really good stuff there.

mende
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:10 PM   #15
joveski

montreux is a soundboard and the others are audience recordings.

the 98 radio perfromance is exc quality. the others are a bit muffled but listenable. the 30 min performance at dylan's rolling thunder is pretty good though. Remember me various live rarities including the La Cave concert, auld lang, the early lightfoot album and some live tracks from 2000

you have mail!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:48 PM   #16
Auburn Annie

I think what comes through in this concert recording is the absolute joy and great fun Gord's having - I hope he gets to come out and play again sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:48 PM   #17
Auburn Annie

I think what comes through in this concert recording is the absolute joy and great fun Gord's having - I hope he gets to come out and play again sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:08 PM   #18
minstrelms

I made it into your recording of the Albany, NY concert!!

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been checking in at times to see if there has been any recent news on how Gordon is doing.

Thank you for the great recording (excellent sound quality), and thank you for including my boisterous declaration of love for Gordon on Set 2: "Conversation," Track 08. When I saw this thread, I wondered if I would make it in the recording. Yes, I'm the one who yelled, "Gordon, we love you!"

Just after Gordon speaks about "A Painter Passing Through," he turns away from the audience to drink from his water bottle. It was then that I yelled, "Gordon, we love you!" (See my post from April 2002 when I talked about his Albany concert.) The theater clapped and cheered in agreement.

After some time, Gordon then says, "As I said before, we, like Mr. McCartney, will be on tour all year..." (I have to say that I'm usually much more reserved, but MY MAN made me lose my inhibitions. What more can I say? You know how it is seeing Gordon, ladies.) My brother, who came with me, was ready to crawl under his seat after I yelled.

I like to think it was my "Gordon, we love you" that caused him to enjoy himself so much, to engage in so much conversation with the audience, and to give us two encores.

Matthew, thank you so much for all of your hard work in bringing us this treasure to listen to and for allowing me to relive this wonderful concert (over and over and over).

Loveyagord (That's... [I] love ya, Gord!)
minstrelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:08 PM   #19
loveyagord

I made it into your recording of the Albany, NY concert!!

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been checking in at times to see if there has been any recent news on how Gordon is doing.

Thank you for the great recording (excellent sound quality), and thank you for including my boisterous declaration of love for Gordon on Set 2: "Conversation," Track 08. When I saw this thread, I wondered if I would make it in the recording. Yes, I'm the one who yelled, "Gordon, we love you!"

Just after Gordon speaks about "A Painter Passing Through," he turns away from the audience to drink from his water bottle. It was then that I yelled, "Gordon, we love you!" (See my post from April 2002 when I talked about his Albany concert.) The theater clapped and cheered in agreement.

After some time, Gordon then says, "As I said before, we, like Mr. McCartney, will be on tour all year..." (I have to say that I'm usually much more reserved, but MY MAN made me lose my inhibitions. What more can I say? You know how it is seeing Gordon, ladies.) My brother, who came with me, was ready to crawl under his seat after I yelled.

I like to think it was my "Gordon, we love you" that caused him to enjoy himself so much, to engage in so much conversation with the audience, and to give us two encores.

Matthew, thank you so much for all of your hard work in bringing us this treasure to listen to and for allowing me to relive this wonderful concert (over and over and over).

Loveyagord (That's... [I] love ya, Gord!)
loveyagord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:36 PM   #20
MatthewBullis

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had gone to this concert, but I never had got a response to that question. Anyhow, glad you have the chance to hear yourself immortalized in a bootleg concert, and that you can enjoy your night over and over again.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew
Old 02-07-2003, 11:36 PM   #21
MatthewBullis

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had gone to this concert, but I never had got a response to that question. Anyhow, glad you have the chance to hear yourself immortalized in a bootleg concert, and that you can enjoy your night over and over again.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew
Old 02-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #22
minstrelms

I listened to the entire show and loved it. Gordon sounded as though he was thoroughly enjoying being there. I hope if he tours again he decides to return. Thanks again. I just wish that I would have seen this post earlier. My screen doesn't always designate unread messages with the red icon, making it difficult to determine what I've read or not read. Thanks again, Matthew.
minstrelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #23
loveyagord

I listened to the entire show and loved it. Gordon sounded as though he was thoroughly enjoying being there. I hope if he tours again he decides to return. Thanks again. I just wish that I would have seen this post earlier. My screen doesn't always designate unread messages with the red icon, making it difficult to determine what I've read or not read. Thanks again, Matthew.
loveyagord is offline   Reply With Quote