banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-06-2004, 10:21 PM   #76
brink

Fantastic picture I wonder when it ws taken, he looks VERY good! Does Gord pick out the pictures for the album covers?
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #77
vykaniema

Sounds like a great album, can't wait for it!
Old 03-07-2004, 09:59 AM   #78
Porter

Sounds like a great album, can't wait for it!
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #79
Gaby

It’s a gorgeous cover – he looks good enough to eat!

The bangle he’s wearing isn’t the beautiful turquoise one from the early '80’s, is it?
There was a lovely one he wore – '83/’84? Could it be that one?

I wish my Flitecase was as bashed up as his –it looks so damn cool!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #80
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

I got permission to post the clips on my GL web site so those of you who can't install Itunes can hear the clips now. My clips are real media files.

------------------
Valerie Magee

Visit my GL fan site at gordonlightfoot.com and Cathy Cowette's web site at cathycowette.com
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #81
muklucannie

I think the bracelet is the one he was wearing when I saw him in New Jersey and PA in 2002 - I asked him about it and he showed me what a jeweller friend had made him. It was lovely - gold, white gold and pink gold. Very nice.
muklucannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #82
Char1

I think the bracelet is the one he was wearing when I saw him in New Jersey and PA in 2002 - I asked him about it and he showed me what a jeweller friend had made him. It was lovely - gold, white gold and pink gold. Very nice.
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #83
SilverHeels

Yes, Char,
I'm sure you are correct because I recognised it also.
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:02 PM   #84
Gaby

Thanks, girls! - for everything!
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #85
Mair

I've said this before on this site, I know - but even though I'm a Mac user (and would never change) and i-Tunes came as standard on my iMac we, in the UK, can't buy anything from the Music Store yet! We've been promised that if it succeeds in the US it will be available in Europe by the end of the year.

But - we can listen! And I've listened - and I LOVE what I hear!!! Sounds wonderful - can't wait!

(Yes, the cover looks great, too!)
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #86
Dan O'Malley

Many thanks for posting those, Valerie. Living in England, I was so frustrated at not being able to download itunes! The 3 clips sound fantastic, better than I dare hoped! Roll on May 11!!!
Dan O'Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #87
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Mair:
we, in the UK, can't buy anything from the Music Store yet! We've been promised that if it succeeds in the US it will be available in Europe by the end of the year.

I am assuming Mair that you mean the availability of the itunes music store in Europe because hopefully by the end of the year one way or another you wil be able to get your hands on an actual CD. See reference on another topic to cookingvinyl
Dan and Mair and other Brits reading this
If what Mair was told is correct I doubt if you will want to "wait until the end of the year" especially to then have to pay the inflated UK CD price. Maybe the friendly HMV folks on Oxford street could be persuaded to get you an imported copy at the high price.So no doubt you will then consider ordering on-line from a US supplier. In this regard you might like to hear my experience back in 1999 when the songbook (box set) appeared. I ordered from an outfit in Florida that at the time Rik Stevans had a commission link to on his "GL Tribute" web site Songbook was released on a Tuesday but no store was allowed to ship until the day before. So my box set actually left Florida
sometime Monday evening, by UPS. they e-mailed me tracking number and with mounting excitement I was able to track it from Florida to a UPS US hub then to their UK depot at Castle Donnington (East Midlands Airport, England) and was absolutely thrilled to receieve it at my office in Dorset on Wednesday before midday.A fact I reported promptly to the Newsgroup:- http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....svr.pol.co.uk
So keep an eye out here for reports on sightings on one of the US stores CD Now/ CD Universe/Amazon etc. preferably not CD Universe. although I very quickly got the Classic Masters CD from them I requested the Bear Family Sunday Concert Plus for Christmas but they let my wife down repeatedly and she finally got it from Amazon in time for my birthday last week

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #88
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Mair:
we, in the UK, can't buy anything from the Music Store yet! We've been promised that if it succeeds in the US it will be available in Europe by the end of the year.

I am assuming Mair that you mean the availability of the itunes music store in Europe because hopefully by the end of the year one way or another you wil be able to get your hands on an actual CD. See reference on another topic to cookingvinyl
Dan and Mair and other Brits reading this
If what Mair was told is correct I doubt if you will want to "wait until the end of the year" especially to then have to pay the inflated UK CD price. Maybe the friendly HMV folks on Oxford street could be persuaded to get you an imported copy at the high price.So no doubt you will then consider ordering on-line from a US supplier. In this regard you might like to hear my experience back in 1999 when the songbook (box set) appeared. I ordered from an outfit in Florida that at the time Rik Stevans had a commission link to on his "GL Tribute" web site Songbook was released on a Tuesday but no store was allowed to ship until the day before. So my box set actually left Florida
sometime Monday evening, by UPS. they e-mailed me tracking number and with mounting excitement I was able to track it from Florida to a UPS US hub then to their UK depot at Castle Donnington (East Midlands Airport, England) and was absolutely thrilled to receieve it at my office in Dorset on Wednesday before midday.A fact I reported promptly to the Newsgroup:- http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....svr.pol.co.uk
So keep an eye out here for reports on sightings on one of the US stores CD Now/ CD Universe/Amazon etc. preferably not CD Universe. although I very quickly got the Classic Masters CD from them I requested the Bear Family Sunday Concert Plus for Christmas but they let my wife down repeatedly and she finally got it from Amazon in time for my birthday last week

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #89
Steve DeRosa

quote:Originally posted by vlmagee:
I got permission to post the clips on my GL web site so those of you who can't install Itunes can hear the clips now. My clips are real media files.

Thanks so much, Val! Because of your site I finally got to listen to the clips! They sound great...can't wait for the cd. The picture on the cover looks good too!!! Thanks again!

Deb
Steve DeRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #90
Oma

quote:Originally posted by vlmagee:

Thanks so much, Val! Because of your site I finally got to listen to the clips! They sound great...can't wait for the cd. The picture on the cover looks good too!!! Thanks again!

Deb
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote