banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 10-05-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
crashman

If you could have Lightfoot come to your house for only one occasion such as your birthday/his birthday/XMAS/thanksgiving/Canada Day/July 4th, etc. etc. what day would it be/why and what 5 songs would you like him to perform? What family and friends would you invite - 10 people only.
I have to think this one over myself!
lol
I do realize that Lightfoot coming to my house is an occasion in and of itself!
Char
crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 10:42 PM   #2
char

If you could have Lightfoot come to your house for only one occasion such as your birthday/his birthday/XMAS/thanksgiving/Canada Day/July 4th, etc. etc. what day would it be/why and what 5 songs would you like him to perform? What family and friends would you invite - 10 people only.
I have to think this one over myself!
lol
I do realize that Lightfoot coming to my house is an occasion in and of itself!
Char
char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 11:04 PM   #3
gwn snyder

If I could have Gordon come to my house it would be on my birthday. I would invite all my closest friends and a few relatives,and the songs I would most like to hear,allthough I have so many more favorites these five just stick out in my mind,they would be: CHRISTIAN ISLAND -THE PONY MAN ----- CHRISTIAN ISLAND-- TOO LATE FOR PRAYIN'- IF CHILDREN HAD WINGS- and--THE LAST TIME I SAW HER FACE...Randy

gwn snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
LilHoov

If I could have Gordon come to my house it would be on my birthday. I would invite all my closest friends and a few relatives,and the songs I would most like to hear,allthough I have so many more favorites these five just stick out in my mind,they would be: CHRISTIAN ISLAND -THE PONY MAN ----- CHRISTIAN ISLAND-- TOO LATE FOR PRAYIN'- IF CHILDREN HAD WINGS- and--THE LAST TIME I SAW HER FACE...Randy

LilHoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:54 AM   #5
myweim

Hi at what age will he be and is he single at the time. wouldn't want to serve wine with the dinner ect. I would cook dinner I want to show him I can cook and other things ha ha
Get well sweetie
myweim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:54 AM   #6
lightbunny

Hi at what age will he be and is he single at the time. wouldn't want to serve wine with the dinner ect. I would cook dinner I want to show him I can cook and other things ha ha
Get well sweetie
lightbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:10 AM   #7
Brian

It's got to be a stormy Halloween night with the ghostly Wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald and the haunting Whispers of the North. Early Morning Rain, 14-Karat Gold, and I'll Prove My Love for the other three.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:10 AM   #8
Brian

It's got to be a stormy Halloween night with the ghostly Wreck of the Edmund Fitgerald and the haunting Whispers of the North. Early Morning Rain, 14-Karat Gold, and I'll Prove My Love for the other three.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:15 PM   #9
Janice

I think a clear, comfortably crisp night in September would be nice. It doesn't need to be a significant date since his presence would make it significant. I'd like all my loony friends from near and far to be there with me and would like to hear Go My Way, Miguel, I'll Tag Along, Tattoo and Sit Down Young Stranger. If he's really enjoying himself and wouldn't mind doing a few more, I'd include Second Cup Of Coffee and Christian Island.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #10
Heather

Char,
One clarification, please: Would the band accompany him, or not? (My choice of songs would be affected by this.)
Heather
Old 10-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #11
Heather

Char,
One clarification, please: Would the band accompany him, or not? (My choice of songs would be affected by this.)
Heather
Old 10-06-2002, 10:11 PM   #12
char

okay - the band can come toooo!!
lol
just make sure there's lots of food!
it can be Gord at any time of his career as well.....
char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 08:22 PM   #13
mytoyota@earthlink.net

Since this is pure fantasy . . .

Gordon alone. sigh . . .
Event wedding
Guests specal Lighthead friends
Location would be somewhere on Georgian Bay, on a docked vintage yacht or ship, home for the honeymoon.

Songs:

Go My Way
Beautiful
14 Karat Gold
Fine As Fine Can Be
I?ll Prove My Love

As Gord and friends debark for dry land the ship sets sail in lee of Christian Island.

------------------
paperback dreams . . .
mytoyota@earthlink.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:47 PM   #14
Anna Lightfoot

If Gord came to my house it would have to be New Years Eve. Why? So he could sing "Auld Lang Syne". The 10 people would be made up of family and freinds who I have introduced his music too,being in Uk most say "Gordon...who?" anyway I keep on pluging away. Next song "Early Morning Rain", because thats what it does here on NYE,anyway its a great song. Next "If You Could Read My Mind",well thats the song that turned me on to GORDS music.Next would be Pleasures Of The Night,because it would be.Next has got to be "To Late for Prayin". How true is that song? To finish would be "Blackberry Wine".Say no more.
Hey I know what your saying. but who cares its Gordon Lightfoot here, is he allowed to sing 6 songs?

------------------
" Stay Loose "

[This message has been edited by The Gypsy (edited October 08, 2002).]
Anna Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:47 PM   #15
The Gypsy

If Gord came to my house it would have to be New Years Eve. Why? So he could sing "Auld Lang Syne". The 10 people would be made up of family and freinds who I have introduced his music too,being in Uk most say "Gordon...who?" anyway I keep on pluging away. Next song "Early Morning Rain", because thats what it does here on NYE,anyway its a great song. Next "If You Could Read My Mind",well thats the song that turned me on to GORDS music.Next would be Pleasures Of The Night,because it would be.Next has got to be "To Late for Prayin". How true is that song? To finish would be "Blackberry Wine".Say no more.
Hey I know what your saying. but who cares its Gordon Lightfoot here, is he allowed to sing 6 songs?

------------------
" Stay Loose "

[This message has been edited by The Gypsy (edited October 08, 2002).]
The Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 10:04 PM   #16
myweim

You said it mytoyota
it would be nice. I figure we would play some pool with friends, then have our own dinner outside a cool nigth grilled seafood. ect
ah to dream.
Get well Gordon
myweim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 10:04 PM   #17
lightbunny

You said it mytoyota
it would be nice. I figure we would play some pool with friends, then have our own dinner outside a cool nigth grilled seafood. ect
ah to dream.
Get well Gordon
lightbunny is offline   Reply With Quote