banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-05-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
Veronica

I posted this in Small Talk but I think it belongs here. Are we doing anything re: badges or the like for the weekend of the concerts in Hamilton?

Bill
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:47 PM   #2
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

I posted this in Small Talk but I think it belongs here. Are we doing anything re: badges or the like for the weekend of the concerts in Hamilton?

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by BILLW:

Bill

Lynne Ackerman from Toronto wherever the heck that is sent a message to two Yahoo groups of which she is a member
1. Val's "Mailing List" at:- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GordonLightfoot/
and 2. the private Masseyconvention group at:- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...seyConvention/
3. there is also David Sims GL fan club group at:- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...htfootfanclub/
where Torontonian Ray Murray still posts in splendid isolation despite recently being
appraised of the existance of and the links to both corfid and the Newsgroup
Lynne said
"November 9, 2004

Who's going to Hamilton to see Gordon in concert? Are there any plans to get
together while we're there? I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been any
discussion about this. Mind you, I still don't have web access, so maybe
there's been some talk on the corfid site.

Lynne"
Basicaly Lynne you are correct there has been some limited discussion on who is going, where
they are sitting and even where they are staying on both corfid and the Newsgroup.Indeed
Susan and I are finalising the design of an identifying badge for us "net people" and its
distribution and I had intended today to publish here and on the other main Yahoo groups
(Val's Mailing list and the fan club and the convention group) a summary of info gleaned from corfid and the Newsgroup.
Having said that and despite your previous attempt to explain to me via email the
convoluted arrangement you have with an Internet Service Provider for looking at the
internet I really do not understand how you can say "I still don't have web access"
yet you are obviously able to see this group and receive/send emails. Maybe you can better explain face to face in
Hamilton eh??
I also would like to point out that the mailing list group members number a staggerring 66 and the convention group a further 96 although that number will doiubtless increase with a modicum of publicity as the anticipated Massey 2005 fast approaches.So obviously the vast majority of Lightheads do not subscribe to those two groups. These two numbers plus the 251 members at the fan club group with many duplications are I feel sure only a small percentage of the hundreds nay thousands of Gord's "net people" who patronise either corfid or the Newsgroup
Anyway from a corfid topic
"Got My Tickets " at:- http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002591.html
I see that the following are going to Hamilton:-
Gabrielle (Gaby) from Leicester England
Seat 9-Sunday
Seat 34-Monday
Orchestra - rows C & G.
BIll Wallace (BIllW) Baltimore MD
#26 in row CC
and in another topic he reported that he had taken over "ticket 31" from bjb (see below) but which row and on which night unclear
I thought originally he was going for one night only??
"Minstrel Man" a teacher in Hamilton itself third row CC seats 9-19 (probably not all at once!!) Monday only
Gordon Henman (gord) Brantford ON
Orchestra row H
"Bonnie" Knight? (bjb) Edmonton Albera
Laurel Hoover (LSH) WA
Jimmy Jones (jj) Toronto (presumably will be there)
Lynne Ackerman Toronto
Yuri Amatniecks Toronto (presumably will be there)
Char/Charlene Whitby Ontario
Jenney Rivard CT
Diane Johnson NH
I also know that the following cannot make it as they are saving their pennies or cents for Massey or other reasons
Valerie Magee CT/CO
Cathy Cowette Maine
Kimberley Prendergast CA
Bruna Zanelli (silverheels) Shirley England
Susan Zunt who was blissfully unaware of the excitement until she saw Lynne's message!!
The "stationmaster" from scarborough Ontario SHAME!!
The "other" Orillian David Bradford (djb) too far away in Sweden
Deb(bie) Brinkley (brink) Colorado
Annie (auburn annie) Auburn NY
Walter Lamont (Borderstone) AZ
Unknown Ed Mullen, Matt Carl Derek Kidd
there is a Newsgroup thread started by Char subject
"ad for Hamiltonshows" at:- http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&selm=B 2i0d.12928%24k14.4133%40news04.bloor.is.net.cable. rogers.com
which added:-
Mellisa and Denny Joe from Austin TX
Harold Christie from NY state
also Dan and Nanci Rosetti from the home of the Hamburg(er) in NY
and Brian Murphy from Toronto??
who is in row CC seats 9 & 11 one night

I will have more to say later aboot a proposed identifying badge and the question of where
everybody is staying and where we could all met up before the concerts
I will now post this on the three Yahoo groups plus corfid and the Newsgroup so apologies
in advance if you are faced with reading this more than once
Finally if you are going and I have not shown your name here please email me soonest as time
marches on and I would like to publish a consolidated list later
Just send me an email at:-
fowlesjohn@hotmail.com
woo hoo I have now after some cajoling been upgraded by the hitherto parsimonious Microsoft organisation
from the miserly 2MB account limit to a whopping 250MB so no more full inbox problems (at least not for a while)!!!

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited November 10, 2004).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by BILLW:

Bill

Lynne Ackerman from Toronto wherever the heck that is sent a message to two Yahoo groups of which she is a member
1. Val's "Mailing List" at:- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GordonLightfoot/
and 2. the private Masseyconvention group at:- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...seyConvention/
3. there is also David Sims GL fan club group at:- http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...htfootfanclub/
where Torontonian Ray Murray still posts in splendid isolation despite recently being
appraised of the existance of and the links to both corfid and the Newsgroup
Lynne said
"November 9, 2004

Who's going to Hamilton to see Gordon in concert? Are there any plans to get
together while we're there? I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been any
discussion about this. Mind you, I still don't have web access, so maybe
there's been some talk on the corfid site.

Lynne"
Basicaly Lynne you are correct there has been some limited discussion on who is going, where
they are sitting and even where they are staying on both corfid and the Newsgroup.Indeed
Susan and I are finalising the design of an identifying badge for us "net people" and its
distribution and I had intended today to publish here and on the other main Yahoo groups
(Val's Mailing list and the fan club and the convention group) a summary of info gleaned from corfid and the Newsgroup.
Having said that and despite your previous attempt to explain to me via email the
convoluted arrangement you have with an Internet Service Provider for looking at the
internet I really do not understand how you can say "I still don't have web access"
yet you are obviously able to see this group and receive/send emails. Maybe you can better explain face to face in
Hamilton eh??
I also would like to point out that the mailing list group members number a staggerring 66 and the convention group a further 96 although that number will doiubtless increase with a modicum of publicity as the anticipated Massey 2005 fast approaches.So obviously the vast majority of Lightheads do not subscribe to those two groups. These two numbers plus the 251 members at the fan club group with many duplications are I feel sure only a small percentage of the hundreds nay thousands of Gord's "net people" who patronise either corfid or the Newsgroup
Anyway from a corfid topic
"Got My Tickets " at:- http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002591.html
I see that the following are going to Hamilton:-
Gabrielle (Gaby) from Leicester England
Seat 9-Sunday
Seat 34-Monday
Orchestra - rows C & G.
BIll Wallace (BIllW) Baltimore MD
#26 in row CC
and in another topic he reported that he had taken over "ticket 31" from bjb (see below) but which row and on which night unclear
I thought originally he was going for one night only??
"Minstrel Man" a teacher in Hamilton itself third row CC seats 9-19 (probably not all at once!!) Monday only
Gordon Henman (gord) Brantford ON
Orchestra row H
"Bonnie" Knight? (bjb) Edmonton Albera
Laurel Hoover (LSH) WA
Jimmy Jones (jj) Toronto (presumably will be there)
Lynne Ackerman Toronto
Yuri Amatniecks Toronto (presumably will be there)
Char/Charlene Whitby Ontario
Jenney Rivard CT
Diane Johnson NH
I also know that the following cannot make it as they are saving their pennies or cents for Massey or other reasons
Valerie Magee CT/CO
Cathy Cowette Maine
Kimberley Prendergast CA
Bruna Zanelli (silverheels) Shirley England
Susan Zunt who was blissfully unaware of the excitement until she saw Lynne's message!!
The "stationmaster" from scarborough Ontario SHAME!!
The "other" Orillian David Bradford (djb) too far away in Sweden
Deb(bie) Brinkley (brink) Colorado
Annie (auburn annie) Auburn NY
Walter Lamont (Borderstone) AZ
Unknown Ed Mullen, Matt Carl Derek Kidd
there is a Newsgroup thread started by Char subject
"ad for Hamiltonshows" at:- http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&selm=B 2i0d.12928%24k14.4133%40news04.bloor.is.net.cable. rogers.com
which added:-
Mellisa and Denny Joe from Austin TX
Harold Christie from NY state
also Dan and Nanci Rosetti from the home of the Hamburg(er) in NY
and Brian Murphy from Toronto??
who is in row CC seats 9 & 11 one night

I will have more to say later aboot a proposed identifying badge and the question of where
everybody is staying and where we could all met up before the concerts
I will now post this on the three Yahoo groups plus corfid and the Newsgroup so apologies
in advance if you are faced with reading this more than once
Finally if you are going and I have not shown your name here please email me soonest as time
marches on and I would like to publish a consolidated list later
Just send me an email at:-
fowlesjohn@hotmail.com
woo hoo I have now after some cajoling been upgraded by the hitherto parsimonious Microsoft organisation
from the miserly 2MB account limit to a whopping 250MB so no more full inbox problems (at least not for a while)!!!

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited November 10, 2004).]
Old 11-10-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
Gaby

Actually, John, I’m flying over for the Modigliani Exhibition at The Art Gallery in Toronto.
I didn’t realise GL was playing, too!
Both men can strip a woman bare and “look through her soul.”
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Great job John,
I was thinking 'somebody could probably compile a list if they were smart'. And bingo, here's a list. Thanks. You were right in that I had planned one night only. But as we were pricing and dicing my wife said "why not go to both shows ?" I couldn't think of an answer so I contacted 'bjb' and bought seat 31 in row J for Sunday night. And then I get to move closer Monday night to seat 26 in row CC. I will be staying at the Sheraton which Gord tells me is right across the street from the venue. So include me, if you will, in anything from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday morning, LOL.
Thanks again,
Bill

P.S. 'bjb' is still trying to sell seat 33 in row J for Sunday night last time I heard.

BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:51 PM   #7
Minstrel Man

I'm experimenting with working with images. I tried to make a badge this afternoon just for fun. Here is what it looks like. This is also my first attempt at a picture post. Here goes:

[This message has been edited by Minstrel Man (edited November 10, 2004).]

Minstrel Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #8
charlene

X marks the spot!
lol
try again- you can do it! i did!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #9
charlene

X marks the spot!
lol
try again- you can do it! i did!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:13 PM   #10
Minstrel Man

I'm going to have to try again tomorrow because I can't get at the original image file. Glad I could make you laugh charlene.

For now, to see the image, click this link:
http://classes.hdch.org/tspayne/corfidbadge.htm

Old 11-10-2004, 06:26 PM   #11
Minstrel Man

The original image is much sharper.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #12
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Minstrel Man:
Interesting Mr Payne Sir
your site has your mug shot on it and your email addy

your "x marks the spot" was because you had tried to display the web page:- http://classes.hdch.org/tspayne/corfidbadge.htm
not a graphic image so it could not display here
But you can access your badge at:- http://classes.hdch.org/tspayne/corf...s/image001.jpg
and by judicious use of the now famous [img] and [/img] tags display the actual pic:-

John Fowles
Just trying to help!1

Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #13
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Minstrel Man:
Interesting Mr Payne Sir
your site has your mug shot on it and your email addy

your "x marks the spot" was because you had tried to display the web page:- http://classes.hdch.org/tspayne/corfidbadge.htm
not a graphic image so it could not display here
But you can access your badge at:- http://classes.hdch.org/tspayne/corf...s/image001.jpg
and by judicious use of the now famous [img] and [/img] tags display the actual pic:-

John Fowles
Just trying to help!1

Old 11-10-2004, 08:32 PM   #14
Minstrel Man

Thanks John. You obviously know your way around the computer. I knew what the problem was, but I didn't know the actual name of the image. Didn't really consider that you could find that infomation out. Of course you also brought me out of the closet digitally speaking. Well, guess I'll have to live with that now. I think that I might have to post a better picture too. Seems quite blurry doesn't. And for anyone interested, I've started "Coffee house Friday" in my classroom. Every Friday in grade 10 English, starting last week, I play a song or two at the beginning of class. Last week I played, CRT and my own song, "For all Time." Unfortunately, I screwed up the lyrics of my own song! Oh, I also played IYCRMM. That's all for now.