banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
Stufish

Is anyone going to the NYC concert? I will be there with bells on. Can't wait. Some weeks ago a Corfidian (I forget his/her name )expressed some interest in getting together. If you would still to meet for a drink pre/post-show I'm game. Just let me know by Sunday am early because I am leaving for NYC Sunday morning. Anyone want a critique and a partially accurate set list? I am not going to play steno when I can listen to GL.
Stufish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
ELizabeth

Is anyone going to the NYC concert? I will be there with bells on. Can't wait. Some weeks ago a Corfidian (I forget his/her name )expressed some interest in getting together. If you would still to meet for a drink pre/post-show I'm game. Just let me know by Sunday am early because I am leaving for NYC Sunday morning. Anyone want a critique and a partially accurate set list? I am not going to play steno when I can listen to GL.
ELizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
ELizabeth

Can it be true that no one but me is going to the NYC show?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
charlene

it will be you, gord, barry, mike, terry, and rick!!

have fun!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
charlene

it will be you, gord, barry, mike, terry, and rick!!

have fun!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
SilverHeels

I'll be there in spirit, Elizabeth.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #7
ELizabeth

That works for me. I'll save your spirit a seat Silverheels. Being alone with Gordon and Terry would be a 'bit of alright'. A critique and unreliable set list will be forth coming.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
Islandgirl

Hi Elizabeth,

I, Dorothea, will be there with my friend Joy
who loves to see Gord and the band perform. I am bad at doing set lists - tried it once and it was too distracting for me. Afraid I might miss some spontaneous moment. I thought some other people said they were going to be at Town Hall.
Bill W? I also plan to go to the Northfork Theatre [formerly westbury Music Fair] concert on the 29th. I don't have tickets but am pretty sure there will be some available at the box office- any seat there is a good one. It is a theatre in the round and the stage revolves. . .
however, not this time as it indicated in the ads the concert will be in the 1/2 round. Several shows that are there this year will be like that. Don't know why. I will email you about Town Hall. Perhaps you'll want to consider the Sunday Concert too ;D [intentional play on words].
Old 04-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #9
Islandgirl

Hi Elizabeth,

I, Dorothea, will be there with my friend Joy
who loves to see Gord and the band perform. I am bad at doing set lists - tried it once and it was too distracting for me. Afraid I might miss some spontaneous moment. I thought some other people said they were going to be at Town Hall.
Bill W? I also plan to go to the Northfork Theatre [formerly westbury Music Fair] concert on the 29th. I don't have tickets but am pretty sure there will be some available at the box office- any seat there is a good one. It is a theatre in the round and the stage revolves. . .
however, not this time as it indicated in the ads the concert will be in the 1/2 round. Several shows that are there this year will be like that. Don't know why. I will email you about Town Hall. Perhaps you'll want to consider the Sunday Concert too ;D [intentional play on words].
Old 04-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #10
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

My former tickets will be there with ELizabeth. We can vouch for her table manners and all around nice person qualifications. I will be in NYC for most of the weekend, arriving Friday, which is why we won't be at the show this time.

Have a great time guys !

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #11
ELizabeth

Thank you for those nice words Bill.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #12
Islandgirl

Bill, since you'll be in the area that weekend, are you planning on going to the Westbury, Long Island concert?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #13
Islandgirl

Bill, since you'll be in the area that weekend, are you planning on going to the Westbury, Long Island concert?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandgirl:
Like to certainly, but our weekend is booked, and then back to MD.

Bill
Old 04-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #15
Islandgirl

I don't know if you realize it Bill, but this is about the 4th time we came so close to meeting each other at a GL concert. Guess I'll have to go to Massey in MY'08 to make it happen.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
Islandgirl

I don't know if you realize it Bill, but this is about the 4th time we came so close to meeting each other at a GL concert. Guess I'll have to go to Massey in MY'08 to make it happen.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #17
ELizabeth

Bad news...for me anyway. I will not be able to attend Gord's concert tomorrow night. One of my sons suffered a heart attack in Towson, MD on the way to NYC I was very frightened, but the good news is he is doing very well. So sorry Island girl! I was looking forward to meeting you. Next year hopefully. I am so tired. ZZZZZ
Old 04-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #18
BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by ELizabeth:
Bad news...for me anyway. I will not be able to attend Gord's concert tomorrow night. One of my sons suffered a heart attack in Towson, MD on the way to NYC I was very frightened, but the good news is he is doing very well. So sorry Island girl! I was looking forward to meeting you. Next year hopefully. I am so tired. ZZZZZ
So glad to hear he's doing well. I can't believe what those poor tickets have gone through. Not to mention their owners. Unbelievable. Better luck next time, I'm sure.

Bill
Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #19
Islandgirl

OMG Elizabeth. That must have been a harrowing experience. Glad to hear he is now doing well and will pray that he continues to do well. I'm sorry too that we won't get the chance to meet.
We'll have to keep in touch in anticipation of any events that sound promising to accomodate a get together. I've learned that anything can happen in this circle of GL fans. Anyway, get your zzzzs and all the best to you and your family. And everyone else, I will post about the concert, although it may not be till the weekend. I can't wait till tomorrow night. Oops, just looked at the time. I guess it's tonight. ;D Better get some sleep myself.

Dorothea
Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #20
Islandgirl

OMG Elizabeth. That must have been a harrowing experience. Glad to hear he is now doing well and will pray that he continues to do well. I'm sorry too that we won't get the chance to meet.
We'll have to keep in touch in anticipation of any events that sound promising to accomodate a get together. I've learned that anything can happen in this circle of GL fans. Anyway, get your zzzzs and all the best to you and your family. And everyone else, I will post about the concert, although it may not be till the weekend. I can't wait till tomorrow night. Oops, just looked at the time. I guess it's tonight. ;D Better get some sleep myself.

Dorothea
Old 04-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #21
formerlylavender

So sorry to hear about your son, Elizabeth. Thankfully he is doing well now. It's too bad you have to miss the concert, but first things first. Timing in life is everything so they say.

I'll echo Billw's sentiments about Elizabeth being a wonderful dinner companion, a nice person and a true GL fan. Best wishes to you and your son.
formerlylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:55 AM   #22
charlene

Sorry to hear about your son Elizabeth. I hope he continues to improve and you get to a Lightfoot concert soon!
keep us updated about things..
Char
Old 04-26-2007, 06:55 AM   #23
charlene

Sorry to hear about your son Elizabeth. I hope he continues to improve and you get to a Lightfoot concert soon!
keep us updated about things..
Char
Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #24
ELizabeth

Thanks for the good whishes everyone. Marty continues to improve and will be going home to NYC today. Thank God he has no heart damage we caught it just in time. I still cannot wrap my mind around a very healthy 43 old having a HA. He did all things (diet, exercise, etc.) right. The cardiologists say what happened to him was hereditary. I must fly thank you all again for your wishes.