banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2003, 10:13 PM   #51
2Much2Lose

Well John, as luck would have it, I'm heading for Cleaveland in 3 weeks. If you are real nice, and buy me a NJ beer tomorrow night, I may just bring you back something!
Jenney
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:43 AM   #52
char

i wanna go to NJ too!
lol

give Bru a big hug for me!
char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 07:56 PM   #53
jg005&aol.com

Thank you for the picture. A picture is worth more than 1000 stories.

I wonder why GL felt close and dedicated the song to the ship. From listening to his songs, I know he has close relationship to the sea.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:56 PM   #54
jg005&aol.com

Thank you for the picture. A picture is worth more than 1000 stories.

I wonder why GL felt close and dedicated the song to the ship. From listening to his songs, I know he has close relationship to the sea.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #55
Paul J B

The Great Lakes Brewery is on West 25th St in Cleveland, right off of I-90, Its a great place to eat and of course try the Brews, my favorite is Dortmunder Gold, Yum! They sell a sample 6 or 12 pack where you get one of bottle of each, that may be the way to go! if I can give you anymore help let me know! I live about 1hr from there.

Chuck.

------------------
Ever Onward...
Paul J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:57 PM   #56
Chuck Darling

The Great Lakes Brewery is on West 25th St in Cleveland, right off of I-90, Its a great place to eat and of course try the Brews, my favorite is Dortmunder Gold, Yum! They sell a sample 6 or 12 pack where you get one of bottle of each, that may be the way to go! if I can give you anymore help let me know! I live about 1hr from there.

Chuck.

------------------
Ever Onward...
Chuck Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #57
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by johnfowles:
[B] [QUOTE]Originally posted by gwen snyder:
I find that interesting John, also, I wonder if thegrestlakesbrewingcompany is the one in Cleveland?
It sure does Gwen and I'd be mighty obliged if you actually live in Cleveland if you could acquire and send to me
a crate or two of "burning River Pale Ale" http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/Brews/burning.cfm
that page refers to "English Pale Ale made in Burton-on-trent" this is undoubtedly a reference to the famous Bass Pale Ale first produced in 1777; its red triangle trademark was registered in 1876 as the world's first trademark
while you are at it you might as well include a case of the Edmund Fitzgerald porter please as described at http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/Brews/edmund.cfm

Later-I have just realised that a worthy companion to Cleveland's Fitzgerald porter is a Yorkshire brewery's Lightfoot ale

I once found this on sale in my local English supermarket and still have the bottle labels as shown below but alas the very tasty brew was consumed a long time ago!!

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited October 11, 2003).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #58
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by johnfowles:
[B] [QUOTE]Originally posted by gwen snyder:
I find that interesting John, also, I wonder if thegrestlakesbrewingcompany is the one in Cleveland?
It sure does Gwen and I'd be mighty obliged if you actually live in Cleveland if you could acquire and send to me
a crate or two of "burning River Pale Ale" http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/Brews/burning.cfm
that page refers to "English Pale Ale made in Burton-on-trent" this is undoubtedly a reference to the famous Bass Pale Ale first produced in 1777; its red triangle trademark was registered in 1876 as the world's first trademark
while you are at it you might as well include a case of the Edmund Fitzgerald porter please as described at http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/Brews/edmund.cfm

Later-I have just realised that a worthy companion to Cleveland's Fitzgerald porter is a Yorkshire brewery's Lightfoot ale

I once found this on sale in my local English supermarket and still have the bottle labels as shown below but alas the very tasty brew was consumed a long time ago!!

------------------
starts at

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited October 11, 2003).]
Old 10-12-2003, 08:11 PM   #59
fowlesjohn

John
interesting label! you Brits have howling humor... the tripping/Lightfoot.
I am going tomorrow to that end of Cleveland and so I will pick up your asked for items.
Cheers! "burning River Pale Ale" and "Fitzgerald Porter". Anything else must be got later. Give me an address to send them to quickly, lest I git thirsty
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:11 PM   #60
gwen snyder

John
interesting label! you Brits have howling humor... the tripping/Lightfoot.
I am going tomorrow to that end of Cleveland and so I will pick up your asked for items.
Cheers! "burning River Pale Ale" and "Fitzgerald Porter". Anything else must be got later. Give me an address to send them to quickly, lest I git thirsty
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:07 PM   #61
fowlesjohn

John,
Ok, Tomorrow I wil be going to that kneck of the woods up by Cleveland and I will pick up your "burning river Pale Ale" and "Fitzgerald Porter". I will need an address to send them to so I await your reply.
Cheers!
Don't keep me waiting for the address too long or your wares may no longer be available.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:07 PM   #62
gwen snyder

John,
Ok, Tomorrow I wil be going to that kneck of the woods up by Cleveland and I will pick up your "burning river Pale Ale" and "Fitzgerald Porter". I will need an address to send them to so I await your reply.
Cheers!
Don't keep me waiting for the address too long or your wares may no longer be available.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:34 PM   #63
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by gwen snyder:
Gwen!! I hope you have by now received my e-mail I am getting a good thirst up!!

------------------
starts at
Old 10-12-2003, 09:34 PM   #64
johnfowles

Gwen!! I hope you have by now received my e-mail I am getting a good thirst up!!

------------------
starts at
Old 10-22-2003, 07:13 PM   #65
Restless

Does someone here have the ability to post photos on this site?? If so can I send you a bunch of photos of the Fitz including some underwater photos of it on the bottom of superior??? If so please email me, I may not get back to this site in awhile.
normpaddlemiller@hotmail.com
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:49 PM   #66
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by paddletothesea:
Does someone here have the ability to post photos on this site?? If so can I send you a bunch of photos of the Fitz including some underwater photos of it on the bottom of superior??? If so please email me, I may not get back to this site in awhile.

Shame on you Norman you have obviously been far too busy painting your canoe Canary Yellow to find the time to read through the various postings on this topic and in particular my contribution above dated August 24th:-
OK it was exactly because Norman said he had pictures to put up here that I started a more-or-less successful topic called
"how to include a picture in your message"
on the parallel "small talk" forum a while ago:- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=30144
I do not always succeed and have still not properly explored the Watchman's suggestion to try a geocities web site as a repository for pics that can then be simply linked from this forum so that they appear in all their glory here.

------------------
starts at

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited October 22, 2003).]
Old 10-22-2003, 07:49 PM   #67
johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by paddletothesea:

Shame on you Norman you have obviously been far too busy painting your canoe Canary Yellow to find the time to read through the various postings on this topic and in particular my contribution above dated August 24th:-
OK it was exactly because Norman said he had pictures to put up here that I started a more-or-less successful topic called
"how to include a picture in your message"
on the parallel "small talk" forum a while ago:- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=30144
I do not always succeed and have still not properly explored the Watchman's suggestion to try a geocities web site as a repository for pics that can then be simply linked from this forum so that they appear in all their glory here.

------------------
starts at

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited October 22, 2003).]
Old 10-27-2003, 08:23 PM   #68
fowlesjohn

john
back to the beer comment. "It" has been acquired and now resides in the front seat of my Lincoln. How shall I send it to you?
Could not get the EF, but, I will get it at another time, something to look forward to...
Gwen
Old 10-27-2003, 08:23 PM   #69
gwen snyder

john
back to the beer comment. "It" has been acquired and now resides in the front seat of my Lincoln. How shall I send it to you?
Could not get the EF, but, I will get it at another time, something to look forward to...
Gwen
Old 10-27-2003, 11:35 PM   #70
johnfowles

john

Strange Gwen I sent you an e-mail with my address and you must have received it because you replied commenting about my remark about somebody who might be/is living in a trailer
Are you OK??

------------------
starts at
Old 10-27-2003, 11:35 PM   #71
johnfowles

john

Strange Gwen I sent you an e-mail with my address and you must have received it because you replied commenting about my remark about somebody who might be/is living in a trailer
Are you OK??

------------------
starts at