banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 08-02-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
JenF

Definitely for me, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is my all-time favourite GL song. I have many relatives in da UP (Northern Michigan) and I heard this song endlessly as a child. A great historical folk tune that tears at the heartstrings and never ages.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
JenF

Definitely for me, The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is my all-time favourite GL song. I have many relatives in da UP (Northern Michigan) and I heard this song endlessly as a child. A great historical folk tune that tears at the heartstrings and never ages.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:31 PM   #3
Borderstone

Hi Jen F.! Borderstone here,I take it you are new,if so,welcome to our happy home. No,it's not my site (I wish!) but just a friendly GL fan saying hi.

Somehow,even though I'm from around Erie,PA and lived there from birth in '68 to 8 & 1/2 in 1977,somehow,I never got to hear it on the radio! Then I most likely could call it my all time fav. of GL's.

I love it too but I've heard it so often in the past 20+ years,I'm just simply comfortable with it. Meaning,it's always great to hear,just every now and then though.
I also have a lot of fav's now,so one just isn't enough.

Once again,welcome!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:07 AM   #4
c.c.sharp@verizon.net

quote:I love it too but I've heard it so often in the past 20+ years,I'm just simply comfortable with it. Meaning,it's always great to hear,just every now and then though.

Once again,welcome!

[/B]

That is the way I have been wanting to describe it for 15 years! Best thing is,it is one of the most requested tunes at my gigs(USA gigs that is)and I never get tired of the looks on people's faces! It is always:

"My goodness! He really is going to perform it! I wonder if he can remember all the words?!"

Oh how many tips I have recieved for playing that tune. Yes,'comfortable' is definetly the word to use. Thank you for saying it that way. !

[This message has been edited by GretschViking (edited August 03, 2004).]
c.c.sharp@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 03:07 AM   #5
GretschViking

quote:I love it too but I've heard it so often in the past 20+ years,I'm just simply comfortable with it. Meaning,it's always great to hear,just every now and then though.

Once again,welcome!

[/B]

That is the way I have been wanting to describe it for 15 years! Best thing is,it is one of the most requested tunes at my gigs(USA gigs that is)and I never get tired of the looks on people's faces! It is always:

"My goodness! He really is going to perform it! I wonder if he can remember all the words?!"

Oh how many tips I have recieved for playing that tune. Yes,'comfortable' is definetly the word to use. Thank you for saying it that way. !

[This message has been edited by GretschViking (edited August 03, 2004).]
GretschViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:41 AM   #6
Borderstone

You're welcome G.V.!
Y'know..I'm that way with just about all of my record collection too. I've heard all the great songs and artists for so long,that unlike when I was younger,I don't have to hear it every 5 mins. or so.
(Although,I did play,"End Of All Time",4 times in a row the other day! ) Still new! Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote