banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
titan

Has anyone heard any news as of the status of the movie about The Fitz? I went to google search but couldn't find any thing new
about it. I would very much like to know how soon it will be released.

I did find an interesting web site with all kinds of excellent information.
http://ssefo.com/index.htm
Old 03-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
titan

Has anyone heard any news as of the status of the movie about The Fitz? I went to google search but couldn't find any thing new
about it. I would very much like to know how soon it will be released.

I did find an interesting web site with all kinds of excellent information.
http://ssefo.com/index.htm
Old 03-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #3
Rosanna

Heard from a friend it was soon.Researching
it as we speak, Titan. You'll be the first
to know.

later

Doug
Rosanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
Doug Letcher

Heard from a friend it was soon.Researching
it as we speak, Titan. You'll be the first
to know.

later

Doug
Doug Letcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 AM   #5
titan

Thanks!!! I am looking forword to seeing it,
as I am interested by Fitz folklore and everything related to it. I hope they don't ruin the movie by showing some "made up" theory as to the cause of the tradgedy. I can see GL's song making a HUGE comeback if this movie is done and done well. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 AM   #6
titan

Thanks!!! I am looking forword to seeing it,
as I am interested by Fitz folklore and everything related to it. I hope they don't ruin the movie by showing some "made up" theory as to the cause of the tradgedy. I can see GL's song making a HUGE comeback if this movie is done and done well. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #7
titan

I was depending on the Corfid technical staff
and their associates to provide me with answers to a question. Well, so far nothing
even remotely close to an answer to my query has
been posted. It's a bitter disappointment and makes me feel a bit uneasy about this forum's ability to problem solve.

Someone once said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it" I have come to the decision that Corfid may not be my first choice for Lightfoot related solutions to Lighfoot related problems. I've recieved one tiny response to my debacle and have been in a period of great distress. It seems as though no one cares.

It is my one and only request: When will the Edmund Fitzgerald movie be released?
Does anyone know if progress has been halted.
This question is as important to me as the meaning of life itself. I beg of Corfid lands vast sea of knowledge to come to my rescue. If no life line of information can be sent in my direction, I may go insane.
Perhaps even hurt myself with Fitzgerald movie schizophrenia. Please help me.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #8
titan

I was depending on the Corfid technical staff
and their associates to provide me with answers to a question. Well, so far nothing
even remotely close to an answer to my query has
been posted. It's a bitter disappointment and makes me feel a bit uneasy about this forum's ability to problem solve.

Someone once said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it" I have come to the decision that Corfid may not be my first choice for Lightfoot related solutions to Lighfoot related problems. I've recieved one tiny response to my debacle and have been in a period of great distress. It seems as though no one cares.

It is my one and only request: When will the Edmund Fitzgerald movie be released?
Does anyone know if progress has been halted.
This question is as important to me as the meaning of life itself. I beg of Corfid lands vast sea of knowledge to come to my rescue. If no life line of information can be sent in my direction, I may go insane.
Perhaps even hurt myself with Fitzgerald movie schizophrenia. Please help me.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
Rosanna

Sorry I was not any help, Titan. The internet
is certainly not helping. A glimmer of hope
however. I did hear a DJ talking about it
on a local country station, no date however.
I put a call in to the radio station and
was told I'd get a call back. Whether
they will call or not, your guess is as good as mine. Good luck, and if you here anything,
well, you know.

Doug
Rosanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #10
Doug Letcher

Sorry I was not any help, Titan. The internet
is certainly not helping. A glimmer of hope
however. I did hear a DJ talking about it
on a local country station, no date however.
I put a call in to the radio station and
was told I'd get a call back. Whether
they will call or not, your guess is as good as mine. Good luck, and if you here anything,
well, you know.

Doug
Doug Letcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:40 PM   #11
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

There have been several attempts to make a movie based on the EF story. I have heard noise about it on three different occasions, and have taken the position that "I'll believe it when I see it".

Lightfoot is usually very cautious about doing anything that seems even slightly commerical, and his sensitivity is very high as regards that song. I heard that he was asked in the past whether he would get involved, and whether the song could be used, and he declined. I heard - not authoritatively - that he had not ruled out the latest venture, but I don't really put much credence in that.

Several years ago, when I first heard about a possible EF movie, a scriptwriter sent me his script for it. That venture was briefly documented online, and there is still some remnant of a web site left. Then there was a later one, where I believe his script was used as the basis, but was rewritten to the point that he was not credited. As far as I know the latest venture (the third one) is unrelated to the other two. If the script looks familiar, however, I'll know that I'm wrong.

I honestly believe that the reason you have seen no answers is that nobody here knows anything about it.

------------------
Valerie Magee

Visit my GL fan site at gordonlightfoot.com and Cathy Cowette's web site at cathycowette.com
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #12
titan

Why would some sick person dangle an Edmund Fitzgerald movie carrot in front of someone like myself who has sooooooo much interest in the song and the shipwreck itself. I am a little bit frustrated because I've been looking forward to it so much. I've told my family ( who know I'm a Fitzgerald buff) then my Mother asks when it's going to be done and I have to say "I dunno" , makes me look like I made up the whole thing ( like some demented, 70's castaway, Lighfoot Lovin,
Bell bottom jeans wearin, 8 track tape listin,Fitzgerald crazed fool.
People already think I'm three decades behind everyone else and now this has to happen. If I don't get my movie I might try to make my own or go crazy trying to.

Let me see: Borderstone as an Oiler
Watchman as Captain Mcsorley and BillW as Bernie Cooper. I'll fund and direct, produce and promote the whole project.

[This message has been edited by titan (edited March 25, 2004).]

Old 03-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #13
titan

Why would some sick person dangle an Edmund Fitzgerald movie carrot in front of someone like myself who has sooooooo much interest in the song and the shipwreck itself. I am a little bit frustrated because I've been looking forward to it so much. I've told my family ( who know I'm a Fitzgerald buff) then my Mother asks when it's going to be done and I have to say "I dunno" , makes me look like I made up the whole thing ( like some demented, 70's castaway, Lighfoot Lovin,
People already think I'm three decades behind everyone else and now this has to happen. If I don't get my movie I might try to make my own or go crazy trying to.

Watchman as Captain Mcsorley and BillW as Bernie Cooper. I'll fund and direct, produce and promote the whole project.

Old 03-25-2004, 08:35 PM   #14
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by titan:

I haven't really been keeping up on it, mostly because I think the producer of this last movie attempt jumped the gun a bit when he put up the website, which lead us all to believe the movie was indeed a definite thing. I do recall reading somewhere that they ran out of funds and were looking for other sponsors. I don't think this particular producer (can't remember his name) has a lot of experience with a big time production and just underestimated the cost. Personally, I hope he doesn't do the movie, because I'm afraid, with the lack of funds, that he would not do it justice. I believe one day someone will do a successful Edmund Fitzgerald movie, but it won't be this guy, and until there is an actual movie, we'll just have go listen to Gord's song and use our good old imaginations.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:06 AM   #15
muklucannie

Corfid does not have any technical staff that researches things. I come across things and post them but I am not a techie or researcher. What you find on Google or any other search engine is what I would find.
This website relies on all posters to share whatever they come across that may be Lightfoot related. If and when the Fitz movie is ever made I am sure we will hear about it.
Char
muklucannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:06 AM   #16
Char1

Corfid does not have any technical staff that researches things. I come across things and post them but I am not a techie or researcher. What you find on Google or any other search engine is what I would find.
This website relies on all posters to share whatever they come across that may be Lightfoot related. If and when the Fitz movie is ever made I am sure we will hear about it.
Char
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #17
titan

Char,
90% of my posts were joking around type nonsense, and I realize Corfid does not have a Tech staff. Also, I'm probably not "too"
mentally ill with "Fitzgerald Schizophrenia"
I felt like I would try to incorporate a little humor into the mix to see what kind of responses I would get.

PS. I think a Corfid Tech staff would be a fine idea. You could pay them six figures incomes. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #18
titan

Char,
90% of my posts were joking around type nonsense, and I realize Corfid does not have a Tech staff. Also, I'm probably not "too"
mentally ill with "Fitzgerald Schizophrenia"
I felt like I would try to incorporate a little humor into the mix to see what kind of responses I would get.

PS. I think a Corfid Tech staff would be a fine idea. You could pay them six figures incomes. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Old 03-26-2004, 04:45 PM   #19
muklucannie

for a six figure income I'll be the Techie!
lol
muklucannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 04:45 PM   #20
Char1

for a six figure income I'll be the Techie!
lol
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:34 PM   #21
Paul J B

Wish I had a scanner..I have a really cool Fitz picture taken in Huron, Ohio 1974..

Chuck.

------------------
Ever Onward...
Paul J B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 08:34 PM   #22
Chuck Darling

Wish I had a scanner..I have a really cool Fitz picture taken in Huron, Ohio 1974..

Chuck.

------------------
Ever Onward...
Chuck Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #23
SomewhereupinMichigan

quote:Originally posted by Chuck Darling:

Chuck.

Hey Chuck! How you doing? I love that picture that you sent me a year or so ago. I have it framed and on display at my northern Michigan cottage. Thanks again!!

SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #24
anne41

Hi chuck! Haven't heard from you in a long while. Hope things are going well for you.
anne41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #25
morning glory

Hi chuck! Haven't heard from you in a long while. Hope things are going well for you.
morning glory is offline   Reply With Quote