banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Default British-Irish tour successful / Australia next?

I posted the following under YoungStranger's 15Jan2016 I'VE MISCALCULATED BADLY thread 28084:
"Reading how the British and Irish concerts are selling so well despite no tour there for decades convinces me that a farewell tour of Australia's largest cities (especially Melbourne and Sydney) would get a similar response. Middle-aged and older Australians have proven to be great supporters of tours by musicians who made an impact here in the 1960s-80s. Even tribute concerts to Cat Stevens, Van Morrison, James Taylor and others have been well attended. Assuming the British-Irish tour goes well, I suggest Gord and his management ponder which other distant country would offer a similar result. And with modern air travel and streamlined schedules, Gord would not have to endure the 34-hour trip here that he had on his only previous tour (1974)."

Now that the tour of Britain and Ireland has been completed and from all accounts been a great success, I strongly suggest to Gord and his management that a farewell tour of Australia's largest cities would be worthwhile to all involved.

By the way, further proof of the lasting popularity of Gord's music here is the 2016 tour by an Australian Lightfoot tribute band: http://hivizevents.com.au/gordon-lig...-tribute-band/

Last edited by Dave, Melbourne,Australia; 06-09-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
joveski

Default Re: British-Irish tour successful / Australia next?

i hear you! (and Gordon's management?). some of us have heard tunes from the early days (and some that arent officially released). he hasnt been here since since 1974, and i was born 3 years later!. come on EMP, it has to happen again for people who cant afford to go to Massey!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote