banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #26
GJA

Yes, I've had a dream.....oh what a dream....
GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #27
Borderstone

Well,it's happened again! Another GL dream once again!

Gordon was playing a show at my former workplace (Sheraton Hotel)and I got to see the show. (he looked like circa 1986) After the show,for no reason I decided to roam the halls.
(Like I haven't done "that" enough in the last 6 years! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Anyway,I walk by an open door to one of the rooms and there he is changing out of what he had on onstage! he says (and I quote) "Do you mind??!!"

Then the door shuts by itself.

I can only think that since he's at my former workplace and also that I didn't get to go to San Diego for his show,both of these things are a past and current cause of frustration for me.

But...instead of "me" being frustrated,Gord is,since he represents that. I hope the next one is a nicer dream,like joining in onstage or something!

Been me,later!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:27 AM   #28
Kelly Davis

I had a dream once that I got to take Barry Keane's place and play drums for Gord. Since I'm a drummer, that is my ultimate dream come true. Playing for my other favorite, Steely Dan, is my other ultimate dream come true. I do have a pair of Barry K. used drumsticks tucked away at home. My three kids also have one each, all personally given to us by Barry himself.
Kelly Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #29
Jennifer

Interesting thread.

Gordon is a pretty dreamy guy; it's no surprise he's inspired a few (or perhaps many? ) romantic daydreams among the ladies.
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #30
Yuri

I had a dream a few years ago that I was up in Orillia walking through an above ground tunnel or enclosed walkway. It was a medeaval looking long arch made of limestone rocks with occasional windows. The structure was damp as water seemed to be seeping or dripping in along the length. Moss (Spanish Moss?) was growing in patches on the walls. The walkway ended as it entered a rather modern shopping mall. Finding myself on the second floor I entered a music store and instantly recognized the proprietor as Gord himself!! I don't recall if I had a conversation with him but looking around the room I found an assortment of Lightfoot brand guitar strings, Guitars endorsed by Gord, autographed photographs and record albums, books and a variety of collectables and memorabilia. Gord was ushering a young man, guitar in hand, into a back room where he gave private music lessons. So this is what he did between concerts.... to earn extra cash.....

Sadly, this is were I awoke!

Yuri
Bugs! - http://thunderhouse4-yuri.blogspot.com/
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:32 AM   #31
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

Borderstone - you are a very brave man for speaking of the interesting dreams, and offering the paradox in many of them for public debate !LOL.

I have heard that we all, when mentally healthy, do in fact in a way go quietly insane in our dreams, so as to not go insane in real life ! No implication whatsoever; just the talk of larger-than-life dreams made me think of that statement !

Our mind's own way of writing scripts of
imaginary and often bizarre scenarios of sorts, and then we do not become beset by troubles in our real waking world. And Coca-Cola DOES taste better in glass bottles !

Last thought: could it be that Gord's talking to you in the dream of his book about building homes for the needy be a "those two one-armed jugglers- the ego and the id" subtle suggestion from your own Quixotic thoughts that maybe you are telling yourself that in fact you may be the one meant to do this - the home building help ?

I have heard as most have of the project that Jimmy Carter endorsed, and Bob Villa has contributed to - "Homes for Humanity". Maybe you are meant to be the next humanitarian champion of the cause in some area !

And when accepting all the awards to you several years from now, you can say "I'd just like to thank Gordon Lightfoot for inspiring me to help these people" - and then YOU write the book !

My mother is a psychologist, I'd be happy to send her dream interpretations to you for a piece of the action - say a humble 25 % to recoup a portion of my considerable expenses !LOL

All very interesting B-stone, and meant all in good fun from me. Dream away, perhaps your destiny awaits in "there is no rhyme or reason, just a time for each and every one" !

- geo Steve
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #32
Borderstone

Thanks for the input Steve. I for one do believe that every dream has some kind of reasonig behind it,even one's that appear to make no sense at all.

A non-GL dream for example. One night I dreamed I walked through a former neighborhood where I had lived here in Phx. and it had all been changed into eloquent styled shopping malls & high rises. (Almost Greek like & no I'm not Greek. ) This dream seemed to be set in the future.

In reality that had happened to that neighborhood sometime ago but nothing like what my dream showed. However,I did recently atain new employment in a similar "mall" & business setting that had been built on the NW side in '93/'94.

I had the dream nearly two years before getting this job back in May,so I can only guess it was a possible prediction. Maybe that things were goin to get better,which they have,albeit slightly.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #33
Borderstone

Here's something that is absolutlely astonishing and incredibly co-incidental. What I am about to post here is 100%,swear to God in Heaven & on the bible true.

If you notice the date on the very first message I put in this thread,it reads Jan. 13th,2005. Which is also today's date. Well,last night/early this AM...I actually had another Gordon Lightfoot dream!

2 years to the day that I posted this topic! Spooky! If you notice my first message from Jan. of last year,it wasn't far from that date either.

Anyhow,unlike some of the other one's I've had,this one was completely positive all the way. I was at my apt. and a knock came to the door and who is it but Gordon and all of the band! Instruments in tow and everything. He looked sort of like he did before "Don Q." period.

Gordon said,"I hear you have a song for me and I came here with the guys to work on it with you."
I actually do have many songs (lyrics only) that I've written and to have Gordon be interested,well,it goes without saying.

I don't rememebr which one of my titles he said (dang it!) but he went on about "just changing a word or two here or there" and "how does it sound in your head?"

When I answered the 2nd question,he pulled out his guitar (like out of thin air) and started strumming. For being in a dream it didn't sound too bad!

Just thought I'd share and you can bet this wont be the last one.

[ January 13, 2007, 18:52: Message edited by: Borderstone ]
Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 PM   #34
Patti

Did he call you Borderstone or Walter?
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #35
Gitchigumee

Oh my God you people are a hoot! I can't wait to come back tomorrow when I have a few minutes & read all this!!!
"There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run. When the wild majestic mountains stood alone against the sun. Long before the white man, and long before the wheel. When the green dark forest was too silent to be real."
Gitchigumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #36
Borderstone

Actually Patti to my recollection,he called me neither one.

That might be because having had GL dreams before he most likely didn't need too.
Going back to my "Hammer Project" dream though,he did call me Walter in that one.

In my first dream he called me both Borderstone and Walter.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #37
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

B, B, B :D

a two year long thread, the place wouldn't be the same without you.

Seriously man - don't ever change. What a dream !

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #38
Borderstone

Thanks Bill and ...while I'm still good old "B",I have kind of changed from the first time I was here.

I don't post each and every day like I used too,I've been through personal ups & downs
that I never thought possible
and most of all,while I still kid & joke around,I don't do it as much as before. I'm more serious than in '03. (4 years end of next month,yike! )
Old 01-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #39
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

I should have related my one dream long ago so l'll take this opportuntity now.
At the time I must have been thinking of the story Bruna Silverheels had told me about an
under par concert in London that she attended
I think it must have been on May 20 1981 at The Dominion Theatre on Tottenham Court Road in London because she and I were both at the Royal Albert Hall two evenings earlier, although we were not to meet for another 19 years.
As I recall it , it was one of Gordon's problem "concerts" and I heard him talking about it last year.
I think it was the one where an Irishman was pestering very loudly to hear "The Patriot's Dream" and Gord walked off whereupon the bulk of the audience filed out. Bru and some others stayed behind,and were rewarded by Gord who invited them up on stage to have a more intinmate end to the concert.
I remember being very envious whwen I heard this.
Now where was I?? oh yes my dream.
Somehow a group of us were in a similar situation and Gord said he had a pile of new songs but could not decide which to put on his next album, so would we mindlistening to them all and telling him which were the best.
I really do not remember any more than that so I am unable to predict any songs on what hopefully will be a new album in the not too distant future (like next year) are you reading this Gord?!!
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #40
Patti

That's right, Walter, I did read about the Hammer project. I read a few of your old post years ago and they were alright. You otter not be tooo serious. Me, I have to goof off once in a while, but I am a serious person usually.
I had a few dreams about him. Once he was playing this really nice music to me and it was like it was real. What a nice way to wake up. I like thinking about that....(play it again).
Old 01-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #41
Borderstone

Sounds like you want more than just pretty music! :D
Old 01-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #42
Patti

LOL! Some body give that man a double!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #43
Patti

Really, Walter, the music was more than just pretty. It was really,....wow, and um, thanks for the generous consideration.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #44
Borderstone

Consider it a "great' consideration,all females have something to like about them.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 PM   #45
Patti

I meant thanks for considering that I might be wanting something other than music. It was just a dream about music.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #46
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Patti:
I meant thanks for considering that I might be wanting something other than music. It was just a dream about music.
Suuuuuuure it was!!! :D
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM   #47
Patti

It was.

And I just had another fine dream about him last Friday night. I'd talk about it here, but I probably will just keep it to myself.

Dreams are just in the mind anyway.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #48
charlene

a dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...i think that's a disney song..
and dreams can come true..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 AM   #49
louisemnnpls

Send a message via Yahoo to louisemnnpls

Quote:
Originally posted by charlene:
a dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...i think that's a disney song..
and dreams can come true..
Maybe I'll have one tonight. I got up, as I couldn't sleep and decided to come to the site.

Have had a recurrent dream that I always saw Gord driving a green Grand Prix. (Is that the bigger one than the Grand Am?) This was always over by the U of M where I worked. He would come by and I'd be waiting for the bus. I should have thumbed a ride. LOL Did he ever have a car like that??

Last edited by louisemnnpls; 09-02-2007 at 10:28 PM.
louisemnnpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #50
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

This is a dream having nothing at all to do with Gord. It was a dream I've had at least 5 times since childhood.
In the dream, I'm about 12 years old, and am riding a beautiful white stallion up the side of the road, where I lived. When I reached the top of the hill, my neighbor saw the horse and asked me to bring it over to her place. So, I proudly rode the horse right up to her... and it changed into a rusty old bicycle. I wonder what the significance of this dream is.