banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-18-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
JHaller829

I have been following this site for quite some time and finally decided I would become a "net person".
I have loved Gordon since I was about 10 years old and his music has been with me through thick and thin. My dream of a lifetime happened a year ago August when I met him after his show in Denver. I brought him a t-shirt from the Yukon as I know he used to go canoing quite a bit here in the 80's. When I gave him the shirt he started telling me of all sorts of adventures he had while up here. He is truly an amazing and wonderful person.
Best wishes to Gordon and his family and happy belated birthday!
Are there any other Net people from the Yukon? Would love to hear from you!

AlbertafromtheYukon
JHaller829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:41 PM   #2
albertafromtheyukon

I have been following this site for quite some time and finally decided I would become a "net person".
I have loved Gordon since I was about 10 years old and his music has been with me through thick and thin. My dream of a lifetime happened a year ago August when I met him after his show in Denver. I brought him a t-shirt from the Yukon as I know he used to go canoing quite a bit here in the 80's. When I gave him the shirt he started telling me of all sorts of adventures he had while up here. He is truly an amazing and wonderful person.
Best wishes to Gordon and his family and happy belated birthday!
Are there any other Net people from the Yukon? Would love to hear from you!

AlbertafromtheYukon
albertafromtheyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
joveski

well, you did say "may i" (so, yes!)
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:14 PM   #4
Auburn Annie

Join the fun! I'm not from the Yukon, just Upstate New York (which *some* Manhattanites consider to be nearly as far north as the Yukon <g> )
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:14 PM   #5
Auburn Annie

Join the fun! I'm not from the Yukon, just Upstate New York (which *some* Manhattanites consider to be nearly as far north as the Yukon <g> )
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:47 PM   #6
violet Blue Horse

Welcome Albert.

Do you think Canada would let me immigrate if I promised to move to the Yukon? I've been giving it some serious thought of late.

------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

--R.W. Emerson
Old 11-18-2002, 02:47 PM   #7
violet Blue Horse

Welcome Albert.

Do you think Canada would let me immigrate if I promised to move to the Yukon? I've been giving it some serious thought of late.

------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

--R.W. Emerson
Old 11-18-2002, 03:53 PM   #8
Steve DeRosa

Sure, join on in and...welcome!!! This is a great site...wonderful people, interesting conversation!

How nice to hear from the Yukon!! Wow!

[This message has been edited by Oma (edited November 18, 2002).]
Steve DeRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 03:53 PM   #9
Oma

Sure, join on in and...welcome!!! This is a great site...wonderful people, interesting conversation!

How nice to hear from the Yukon!! Wow!

[This message has been edited by Oma (edited November 18, 2002).]
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 07:19 PM   #10
SomewhereupinMichigan

Welcome from Somewhere Up In Michigan! Say "Hi" to my buddy Yukon Cornelius the next time you see him!
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:04 PM   #11
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Welcome Aboard, I guess we all sound far away to someone. Hello from Maryland, USA!

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #12
SomewhereupinMichigan

NO HOTEL, as well as several other "new" tunes, have yet to be officially released on cd by GL. However, there are several folks offering "bootleg" CDs that include these tunes. These are CDs that have been burned from tapes that people have made from GL's concerts. If someone wants these bad enough (quality does vary) they can generally find the people that have them by going to e-bay. e-bay will ban them from continued marketing when they are caught but they generally come back again under a different user name; however, if you bid once or twice for any of these items on e-bay (before people are caught and banned) you will usually end up being contacted directly by these folks who will make you an offer for whatever they have. Hope this info is helpful to understanding the "wonderful world of bootleg audio."
SomewhereupinMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote