banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
Boat House AKA member

Send a message via ICQ to Boat House AKA member

I suggest Summer Side of Life

I agree though with whoever suggested In My Fashion, I really love that song
Boat House AKA member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:04 AM   #27
SYDNEY STEVE

Hey girls ,
When men aren't drawn to songs like "If You Could Read My Mind" & "Beautiful" ( for example), it is a tough ,(bordering on pathetic), call on us to suggest that this suggests we have "intimacy issues". I like girls for everything that makes them different to me and males generally -physically (for sure), but "upstairs" too. Here's a tip you double X chromosome holders- ; If you really want a partner who thinks exactly like you do and likes what you like, another girl may well fit the bill - otherwise don't put us down for being from Mars . I love the fact that you girls are from Venus and are different to me. I consider GL to be THE MASTER LYRICIST of our time. His lyrics define the respect he has for all genders, colours & creeds and their views and lifestyles , so please ladies, don't waste your breath telling me that because I don't think like a girl and hold a female's views, that this means I have problems with intimacy. Sorry to say there are a lot of men out there who are sick of apologising for being born with an extra bit of equipment and that our mind reflects this from time to time.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:04 AM   #28
SYDNEY STEVE

Hey girls ,
When men aren't drawn to songs like "If You Could Read My Mind" & "Beautiful" ( for example), it is a tough ,(bordering on pathetic), call on us to suggest that this suggests we have "intimacy issues". I like girls for everything that makes them different to me and males generally -physically (for sure), but "upstairs" too. Here's a tip you double X chromosome holders- ; If you really want a partner who thinks exactly like you do and likes what you like, another girl may well fit the bill - otherwise don't put us down for being from Mars . I love the fact that you girls are from Venus and are different to me. I consider GL to be THE MASTER LYRICIST of our time. His lyrics define the respect he has for all genders, colours & creeds and their views and lifestyles , so please ladies, don't waste your breath telling me that because I don't think like a girl and hold a female's views, that this means I have problems with intimacy. Sorry to say there are a lot of men out there who are sick of apologising for being born with an extra bit of equipment and that our mind reflects this from time to time.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #29
joveski

sea of tranqulity
in my fashion
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #30
Sheryl Klein

Actually, SydneySteve, I was talking specifically about men who "make fun of" the softer lyrics, not those who merely don't care for them. There's quite the difference. If you'll refer back to Borderstone's comment, that's what he said: he knows a few guys who make fun of [the softer songs...] Psychologically-speaking, when someone makes fun of something... that's pretty much a clue right there.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl Klein (edited March 27, 2005).]
Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #31
Sheryl Klein

Actually, SydneySteve, I was talking specifically about men who "make fun of" the softer lyrics, not those who merely don't care for them. There's quite the difference. If you'll refer back to Borderstone's comment, that's what he said: he knows a few guys who make fun of [the softer songs...] Psychologically-speaking, when someone makes fun of something... that's pretty much a clue right there.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl Klein (edited March 27, 2005).]
Old 03-27-2005, 11:11 PM   #32
nelsonaddison

I'm Not Sayin'/Ribbon Of Darkness

nelsonaddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:11 PM   #33
Patti

I'm Not Sayin'/Ribbon Of Darkness

Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #34
SYDNEY STEVE

Yes point taken Sheryl, I think I had my cranky pants on that day. Clearly a difference in magnitude I suppose. But hey plenty of people {especially men} ridicule something as a part of everyday banter with women.It doesn't necessarily imply they don't respect your position - sometimes quite the opposite. As for the overall subject of which track would you choose I think our discussion already proves that you may need to choose a different track with the gender of the listener an important consideration. Fortunately there is a track there for most types. Cheers.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #35
SYDNEY STEVE

Yes point taken Sheryl, I think I had my cranky pants on that day. Clearly a difference in magnitude I suppose. But hey plenty of people {especially men} ridicule something as a part of everyday banter with women.It doesn't necessarily imply they don't respect your position - sometimes quite the opposite. As for the overall subject of which track would you choose I think our discussion already proves that you may need to choose a different track with the gender of the listener an important consideration. Fortunately there is a track there for most types. Cheers.