banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Testforum

Poll: Attendance Poll
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Attendance Poll

Old 07-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

To find out who actually buys tickets.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin'
spammer

Without some sort of miracle, I vote no.

Boy, that really p****d me off when I found out he had been in Jax, Florida. He was within' just 130 short miles of me, and I missed it. That was my chance, my one and only chance. Well, not my only one, someday I plan to attend a concert, but I may have to drive all the way up to Canada.
Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
Jesse Joe

This is quite interesting Bill W. I voted , so my good deed for the day is done...Jesse.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
charlene

It says I cannot vote in the poll.
However, I DO buy tickets...
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
Auburn Annie

Ah, you need a third choice: I don't know. Want to, love to, depends on finances. Yes if I've got the $$, no ( ) if I don't.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:20 AM   #6
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

Auburn Annie, I agree ! to wit:

I did a write-in vote first as follows:

"I rekin' I likely as not WILL attend a concert in the next 12 months or not, but I s'pose I might not if'n the circumstances airn't just pert near right so's I kin. Guess a fella ought to, anyhoo, if'n he knows whats good stompin' music" - ole' Dan(ce)

I keyed this in and sparks flew out of my keyboard, the corfid forum board tuned from blue to shifting prismatic color flow, and a loud Titanic-like metal groaning-underwater sound occurred, and it said in a deep darth vader voice- "go home, learn how to type (and make neato paragraphs), say what you mean and mean what you say, cut the b.s., and give a clear short answer !! uh lot a nurv, I says.

Then a short legal disclaimer followed by an indemnification clause appeared for me to digitally "sign" by agreeing.

I then received an express overnight mail from the Navy saying I was enlisted now, and was to begin with P.E.R.T. charting corfidian behavior as I smart-alecky suggested prior. Secretly monitor corfid for un-Lightfoot-fan-like behaviour. Formal goverment sub-lurking is on my job horizon now. And all I did was try to help and do the poll ! Thanks BILL !!! LOL

j/k - just trying to get a smile here and there. I think we need to have even more fun in here after all we've recently experienced socially in corfid (losing members), and take a long sigh and deep breath.

I really do believe we have an awfully nice group of corfidians in here. BTW- i think some incredibly detailed and useless research would show that I indeed coined the term "corfidian" now in use.

There's GOT to be a picture I can post with this reply SOMEWHERE, ANYTHING ! oops I am indeed overdue on a promised photo of my Gord-autographed canoe-paddle from the '98 E-town Boulder radio show Gord did a short gig at.
John I promise I will get it on-line !

BILL - actually of course the poll worked just fine; thought this fact really worth mentioning as at least CHAR apparently incurred some different variables.

- Steve

p.s. Jessie-Joe - it is just fine to call me just Steve - I added the informal "geo" simply because there is a "Sydney Steve" - this was suggested tome to avoid ambiguity. Just call me "geo-steve" , or simply "geo" as others do.
Course, others just say Steve, shootin' my premise all to he** !! LOL j/k "Steve or Geo is fine" - you've politely indicated uncertainty on this. I've been called far worse, so call me anything you want. - Steve

BTW - did you all know that since Sydney Steve is in the Southern Hemisphere, his text scrolls clockwise versus our counterclockwise, left-to-right in our hemisphere ? .... much the same as major storm cells rotate opposite, and water drains in perfectly smooth round basins opposite down under - its the "coriolis effect" hmm
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
Jesse Joe

Geo, that was my fathers, pattois, Im sorry I dont know the English term for what I want to say there. Im sure I will think about it once I send this.

But I will call you Geo Steve, sounds pretty good if you ask me...Jesse.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
BILLW

Results are interesting so far, please vote if you haven't already. Thanks.

Bill
Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #9
Borderstone

I'd like to vote Bill but my life is not that easily planned out. I'd like to see Gordon at Humphrey's By The Bay in San Diego but that means:
planning a bus trip,getting that time off work and just being sure I can actually pay for it all.

I don't want to rule out the possibility and say no but I can't say a definete yes either.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:33 AM   #10
BILLW

So far it looks like the old 80 / 20 rule holds true in this case.

Thanks for voting.

Bill