banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
ambrose woodfellow

Default A Gordon Lightfoot Tribute

Hi folks,

Although I post sparingly here at Corfid, I visit every now and then for a few minutes to check up on things and get myself up to date.

I have a live recording of a show I did this past Tuesday evening I'd like to share with you. Some folks may know about Second Life. It is a virtual world and the music scene is lively. I play live Internet Broadcasts into Second Life on a regular basis. Sometimes between 30 and 40 one hour shows a month. This past Tuesday I did an hour long tribute to Gordon Lightfoot. Everyone there loved it and I had a blast doing it.

The recording is a total of 61 minutes. The file size is 59mb and recorded at 128K bit rate. I know that's a big file for some folks but those who would like, are welcome to download it. And of course, it's free for the taking. I'd be very please to hear some feed back from anyone who would care to post. Again this is a live recording, no dubs. Just me and my guitar, Ruby. All mistakes were painstakingly timed just right.

You can stream the show here:
http://www.chapmanjones.com/a-gordon-lightfoot-tribute/

If you'd rather download, the show is available here: (59Mb File @ 128k Bitrate)
http://www.chapmanjones.com/mp3/Gord...e-01-22.13.mp3

Song List
---------------------
If It Should Please You
I'll Tag Along
Ordinary Man
Restless
Only Love Would Know
Rainy Day People
On The High Seas
A Painter Passing Through
Blackberry Wine
If You Could read My Mind
Looking At The Rain
Inspiration Lady
The Auctioneer

I sincerely hope the show is enjoyed!

Chap
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
jj

Default Re: A Gordon Lightfoot Tribute

There weren't very many tribute acts, nights, bands and organizrd celebrations in Gords heyday but its great to hear of them happening all over the past few decades. I look forward to this download when it finishes (next month. Lol)

Wonderful taste. This is "odd" but our band is adding songs 1 3 5 7 9 11. Well if I have it my way. Terrific compositions. Cheers, to yet another Jones. jj
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
jj

I am enjoying this. Can't hear the fan response through the board recording so wondered which songs (especially the sleeper gems) went over best?
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
lighthead2toe

Finally the time arrived for me to have a serious listen to yet another "Jones" connection to the music of Gordon Lightfoot.

What is it about us Joneses and this connection? Do we have a hidden agenda to have a monopoly on Gord's stuff or just what is it?

It might have to something to do with the constant struggle of trying to stay ahead of the "keep uppers" maybe.

Clarification now RJ, please! Don't forget, we're on the internet here.

Yes of course; well, there is this saying when one is viewed as "trying to be as good as;" guess who?

The Joneses maybe?

OK. Now I get it.

There's a line in Gord's song "Lazy Morning:"

"Keepin' up with the Joneses, I hope no one telephones us"....

But getting back to these really cool versions of Gord.

Having just read "Man of Constant Sorrow," a book about the life and times of Dr. Ralph Stanley and being more in touch with the music of the Appalachian Mountains, especially following the release of the movie "Down From the Mountain," it was quite a warm and welcoming feeling listening to the tunes here by Chapman Jones. Good on ya' bro!

Glad you put "Ordinary Man" on there. Sort of an exonerating feeling with that one!

Keep them coming!

Ron Jones.
lighthead2toe is offline   Reply With Quote