banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
wvglfan

Default Gordon Lighftoot Knows When to Stay and When to Go

http://wvgazette.com/Entertainment/201209120215

Last edited by wvglfan; 09-14-2012 at 12:28 AM.
wvglfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
GeoMan

Default Re: Gordon Lighftoot Knows When to Stay and When to Go

I can't attend this one and I am bummed out about it. This is the first time Gord has played the Clay Center, but I saw him on Mountain Stage once and several times at the Paramount Arts Center in Ashland KY about 60 miles west on I-64. The Paramount and their sponsors do a much better job of promoting shows. I've heard radio advertisement for a Don Williams show at the Paramount for the past several weeks, but nothing about Gord's show in Charleston. At this point the show is not sold out.
GeoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
wvglfan

Hi there, fellow West Virginian! (I'm in Morgantown.) I, too, saw Gordon on Mountain Stage--as well as at WVU and, most recently, last September 28th in Wheeling. Sorry you'll miss this appearance--Gordon's second in West Virginia within a year.

I've been frustrated with the lack of publicity, and I've been in touch with the Clay Center, WVPBS, and the Gazette in recent weeks. So, I was glad to see this article--finally! (I posted a message in another thread here the other day about all this.)

I check ticket sales often, and I see that a few more have sold over the last couple of days. I'm hoping for an even better response over the weekend.

I grew up in the Charleston area and I'm always glad for a chance to get back to that neck of the woods. That this trip is expressly to see Gordon makes it all the more special. It'll be my first chance to see the Clay Center, too.

I wish you could make it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have the chance to catch a performance the next time Gordon is in the area. Cheers!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
GeoMan

Hey wvglfan... I am in Huntington. I wonder how many shows at the Clay Center sell out? Although I do not know for sure, I think most shows have empty seats.

Previous committments will stop me from seeing this show, but I will await additional concert listings for 2013.
GeoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
wvglfan

Well, if all goes as planned, about 22 hours from now, I'll be on Cloud 9 following yet another memorable evening spent at a Lightfoot concert!

You might be right about attendance at Clay Center shows, GeoMan. I felt that the Wheeling audience last year gave a warm and enthusiastic welcome to Gordon and his group. I'm looking forward to more of the same tonight.

Isn't it great that we have this site to return to time and again to keep up with all things Lightfoot? Not the least of which are those concert listings you mention. I hope, when you check out next year's lineup, you'll find at least one date and venue that look promising to you!