banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-07-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
gwn snyder

This song, "YOUR LOVES RETURN", is one of my personal favorites of "Gordon's". Everytime I hear this I get taken away for some reason. I have read that this was written about the song-writer "Stephen Foster",does anyone know or understand what this has to do with Stephen? My guess has always been that he was away from his home and family most of the time on his worldly travels,and everytime he returned home he felt this way; "ROSES ARE WAITING FOR DEW DROPS TO FALL,CLIMBING YOUR WINDOWS AND WALLS,LEAVES IN THE GARDEN ARE FALLING,CALLING,LISTEN TO THEM TALKING ABOUT YOUR LOVES RETURN. Anyway, that's my take on the song,it's such a beautiful melody too. Peace, Randy
gwn snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 07:46 PM   #2
LilHoov

This song, "YOUR LOVES RETURN", is one of my personal favorites of "Gordon's". Everytime I hear this I get taken away for some reason. I have read that this was written about the song-writer "Stephen Foster",does anyone know or understand what this has to do with Stephen? My guess has always been that he was away from his home and family most of the time on his worldly travels,and everytime he returned home he felt this way; "ROSES ARE WAITING FOR DEW DROPS TO FALL,CLIMBING YOUR WINDOWS AND WALLS,LEAVES IN THE GARDEN ARE FALLING,CALLING,LISTEN TO THEM TALKING ABOUT YOUR LOVES RETURN. Anyway, that's my take on the song,it's such a beautiful melody too. Peace, Randy
LilHoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #3
albertafromtheyukon

Stephen and Jane Foster had what appears to be a very difficult relationship. They separated several times during the early years of their marriage. For the last three and half years Stephen lived in New York and Jane in Pennsylvania. Jane worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad as a telegraph operator and visited New York frequently until Stephen's death in 1864. "Your Love's Return" poignantly communicates the emotion of their relationship which was so tormented by the "minstrel’s misfortune"
albertafromtheyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:57 AM   #4
lüfox

Stephen and Jane Foster had what appears to be a very difficult relationship. They separated several times during the early years of their marriage. For the last three and half years Stephen lived in New York and Jane in Pennsylvania. Jane worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad as a telegraph operator and visited New York frequently until Stephen's death in 1864. "Your Love's Return" poignantly communicates the emotion of their relationship which was so tormented by the "minstrel’s misfortune"
Old 11-19-2002, 04:54 PM   #5
gwn snyder

Thanks for your imput on the song,that explains it now in a different way that makes sense. Randy
gwn snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 04:54 PM   #6
LilHoov

Thanks for your imput on the song,that explains it now in a different way that makes sense. Randy
LilHoov is offline   Reply With Quote