banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-30-1999, 02:23 AM   #1
Pirate Queen

I am new to this site. I spoke with Thane Tierney at Rhino records recently. He is the man responsible for the Songbook box set. He said that if things go well, we may see the final (missing) last 4 CD's as early as sometime next year. He also said there may be a CD of rarities as well. Anybody else heard anything?
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-1999, 02:23 AM   #2
GregMav

I am new to this site. I spoke with Thane Tierney at Rhino records recently. He is the man responsible for the Songbook box set. He said that if things go well, we may see the final (missing) last 4 CD's as early as sometime next year. He also said there may be a CD of rarities as well. Anybody else heard anything?
GregMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-1999, 05:56 PM   #3
Florian

Hi GregMav,

Welcome to this discussion board.

I think we will be seeing the 'Fab Four' released on CD rather sooner than later.

[Gossip on]
Recently a fan has been talking to Gordon Lightfoot after a show asking him about the release date of the 'Fab Four' and Gordon Lightfoot indicated that they might possibly be released next spring.
[Gossip off]

As far as I know it is not a question of if they will come out on CD but rather when. And I am happy that Rhino Records will be doing the CD release because they did an excellent job on the Songbook.

I hope they will release four single CD's just like the albums and don't pack them into a compilation. But I guess that's just a matter of personal taste.

I haven't heard of a special 'rarities' CD yet, but if I consider the quality of the unreleased songs on Songbook, I definately look forward to that. Even though I doubt we will be seeing such a CD.

---------
'Fab Four':
4 albums which have been released on vinyl but are not available on CD:
1. Old Dan's Records (1972)
2. Dream Street Rose (1980)
3. Shadows (1982)
4. Salute (1983)
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-1999, 08:49 PM   #4
Annette

Thanks for the latest info Greg and Florian! Since someone mentioned Wayne Francis' site "Lightfoot!" in another post - it would be great to have a CD of the "Warner Brothers Publisher's Demo" songs that are listed on Wayne's site under unreleased songs.
Old 11-30-1999, 08:49 PM   #5
Annette

Thanks for the latest info Greg and Florian! Since someone mentioned Wayne Francis' site "Lightfoot!" in another post - it would be great to have a CD of the "Warner Brothers Publisher's Demo" songs that are listed on Wayne's site under unreleased songs.
Old 11-30-1999, 09:37 PM   #6
Pirate Queen

Thanks Florian and Annette for the replies. I hope the last four are released without bonus tracks. When I spoke with Thane at Rhino he seemed to indicate that bonus material on each release could be a possibility.

This is a great site. I have been a Lightfoot fan for over 30 years. Have seen him in concert 22 times, and he is coming to the Oregon coast in April of 2000 for 2 shows on back to back evenings. You can bet I will be there for both.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on this discussion board soon. Thanks again.
Pirate Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-1999, 09:37 PM   #7
GregMav

Thanks Florian and Annette for the replies. I hope the last four are released without bonus tracks. When I spoke with Thane at Rhino he seemed to indicate that bonus material on each release could be a possibility.

This is a great site. I have been a Lightfoot fan for over 30 years. Have seen him in concert 22 times, and he is coming to the Oregon coast in April of 2000 for 2 shows on back to back evenings. You can bet I will be there for both.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on this discussion board soon. Thanks again.
GregMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-1999, 10:51 PM   #8
Wes Steele

That would be great if they released those last four on CD.
One of my favorite songs is "Farewell To Annabell", a "wierd, haunting" song from the "Old Dan's Records" album. I would love to have that on CD.
Wes Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2000, 10:28 AM   #9
BlueHighways

I've heard nothing lately about the Final 4 releases. Did I just miss reading an explanation, or did the plans for a 2000 release go out the window? Can anybody help?

Also, I've bought several copies of "Waiting For You" now that it's no longer in print.

Old 11-18-2000, 10:28 AM   #10
BlueHighways

I've heard nothing lately about the Final 4 releases. Did I just miss reading an explanation, or did the plans for a 2000 release go out the window? Can anybody help?

Also, I've bought several copies of "Waiting For You" now that it's no longer in print.

Old 11-20-2000, 02:32 PM   #11
osubear

I am extremely releaved to hear that Old Dans Records has not yet been released on CD. My dad and I are probably Northern Irelands two biggest fans of the great Canadian and we thought that it was only in N.Ireland that this and other CD,s were unavailable.I really hope that these remaining albums come out in the near future, as they are ,as every Lightfoot album is, a masterpiece!!!
osubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2000, 02:32 PM   #12
Atch

I am extremely releaved to hear that Old Dans Records has not yet been released on CD. My dad and I are probably Northern Irelands two biggest fans of the great Canadian and we thought that it was only in N.Ireland that this and other CD,s were unavailable.I really hope that these remaining albums come out in the near future, as they are ,as every Lightfoot album is, a masterpiece!!!
Atch is offline   Reply With Quote