banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 AM   #26
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by <Reminder>:
Mr.Fowles,

blah, blah, blah, etc.

RMD
Dear Dude or Dudette RMD,

Why'ot lighten up a bit for 2006 and go ahead and register if you plan on moderating. Perhaps you will be voted into office ? John is John and it wouldn't be the same place without 'im. Really.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #27
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Quote:
Originally posted by <Reminder>:
Mr.Fowles,

I would suggest that the original posting was on topic. I find you to be be pretentious and self-righteous to insinuate that one must be concerned that Sir John ( He who has a keyboard without punctuation keys and a penchant for run-on sentences, plus a desire to display irrelevant photos)will share another of his incoherent posts.

Your first contribution to the thread was the one that belonged in the Small Talk Forum.

RMD
Take a hike.
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #28
Yves SAVARIAUD

Could you please let me know if any free video featuring Gordon Lightfoot is avaible on the Net.
Of course i could search, but you seem to know everything about him... Thanks a lot
Yves SAVARIAUD
Old 01-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #29
SilverHeels

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathy:

RMD [/qb]
Take a hike. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Cathy,
my thoughts precisely. :D
Old 01-05-2006, 10:37 AM   #30
Yves SAVARIAUD

well i do not know if it is an answer...
Sorry not to understand things well, remember I m out of my own language... there are codes i do not get...
YS
Old 01-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #31
mnmouse

Yves,

Welcome to the group...you will enjoy it here.

In answer to your very last post, I would like to share this link with you:

http://archives.cbc.ca/300c.asp?id=1-68-743

There you will find a treasure. Videos of Gordon Lightfoot at various stages of his life and career, television shows, interviews, and there is at least one of him singing..."Saturday Clothes", if I remember correctly. Enjoy!

Sharron
mnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #32
BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by Yves SAVARIAUD:
Sorry not to understand things well, remember I m out of my own language... there are codes i do not get...
YS
Hi Yves,

The posts directly after yours were NOT a reply to your question. They were referring to an earlier post by an unregistered person named <Reminder> who was rude to Mr. Fowles.

Are you looking for something free or a DVD to purchase ? There is a fine DVD available of a performance in Reno, Nevada and it is available on Amazon.uk and most major retailers on the web.

Bill
Old 01-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #33
BILLW

Quote:
Originally posted by mnmouse:
Yves,

Welcome to the group...you will enjoy it here.

In answer to your very last post, I would like to share this link with you:

http://archives.cbc.ca/300c.asp?id=1-68-743

There you will find a treasure. Videos of Gordon Lightfoot at various stages of his life and career, television shows, interviews, and there is at least one of him singing..."Saturday Clothes", if I remember correctly. Enjoy!

Sharron
Yves,

This is way better than my answer. I was typing while Sharron was posting, LOL. Check it out.

Bill
Old 01-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #34
Yves SAVARIAUD

Thanks a lot to both of you.... i rush to this site.
For the ones who read my very first intervention : I sent my own french adaptation of "song for a winter night" to G.L's stuff and wait now for a permission to record it. I have an MP3 ready and home made, just voice and guitar, but Im not satisfied of it, but as soon as i do better ican submit it to your critical appreciation as "connaisseurs"...
Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #35
Sheryl

Send a message via AIM to Sheryl

I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #36
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Quote:
YS
Yves,
I was speaking to the other poster, the one who had a problem with our John. Not you!

If you want to see video of Gord, go to http://www.cbc.ca and run a search on Gordon Lightfoot. There are many videos from his entire career on that site.
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #37
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

[quote]Originally posted by Cathy:
Quote:
Take a hike.
Agreed Cathy and preferably down the middle of a busy interstate highway.

I imagine that, when you composed and posted your drivel, Reminder that you did not expect me to take your comments lying down; and I have now had time to reflect on your outburst,which I personally found to be deeply offensive and altogether inappropriate
and wish to thank those friends who responded in my defence.
Firstly though I must say that your refusal, despite previous strong urgings to do the decent thing and register here, has three disadvantages for us all
1. I am unable to respond to you in a private message so I am forced to respond to your complaints in public
2. You are unable to edit your postings and unless you enlist the aid af the official moderator you cannot delete them.Nor can we check your profile to see who you are
3. unregistered you are unable to preview your posting and thus miss the chance to reflect and correct what you have blathered.
I am also trying to be very conscious that many items are better posted to the "small talk" forum as indeed in reality was your posting castigating me.
I have nevertheless searched the forums for the anomymouse meaningless screenname you have usually been posting as. And found that you obviously have a penchant/predilection over the word " pretentious" as you once posted
"I don't know what's worse....being pretentious, or judgmental."
I had prepared a strong riposte but think I will given you a chance to reconsider what you wrote; (and if you have a mind to repost with some sort of apology) similar but not limited to how you previously tried after prompting to apologise after a rebuke to a previous criticism of one of my postings in an earlier topic at:-
http://www.corfid.com/ubb/ultimatebb...=003235#000026
where you deigned to say:-
"You're right Bill W. What was I thinking?"
I use pictures that I consider relevant because I strongly believe that a picture is worth a thousand words and as due to a stroke I am forced to type all my contributions using my right hand's index finger only, anything that speeds up the process is welcome.
John Fowles
Finally another video link for Yves .
There is also a superb Lightfoot video from last year of Gord performing my favo(u)rite song 'Inspiration Lady" from his most recent album "Harmony" at his record company web site:-
click the appropriate link on Gordon's page at:-
http://www.linusentertainment.com/ar...n/gordon.shtml
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #38
mnmouse

Quote:
I have an MP3 ready and home made, just voice and guitar, but Im not satisfied of it, but as soon as i do better ican submit it to your critical appreciation as "connaisseurs"...
Yves,
Please do share it when you're ready, we'd love to hear it!

Sharron
mnmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #39
<Reminder>

Mr. Fowles,

I was unaware of your physical limitations, and for criticizing your formatting, you have my sincere APOLOGY.

The reasons you list for becoming a member are unpersuasive. I am simply a (what now feels like a lifetime) fan of Lightfoot. When I visit forums such as these, I am only in search of information related to G.L., and I believe this thread should have ended after post #4. The desired information was provided, and a correction from Yves thanking Annie was issued. After that.....in the same thread......I'm looking at stop signs from around the world, and Tony Blair holding (doctored photo) undies. Small talk indeed.

In the post you linked suggesting I offered an apology, I'm afraid you missed the intended sarcasm. Reread the thread.

What ticked me off was your assertion that anyone who posts here might consider going to the Small Talk forum first if they think that the topic may stray. How would one know ?(see above)

RMD
Old 01-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #40
Yves SAVARIAUD

My first message down here was to try to find a direct contact to G. Lightfoot.
Thanks a lot to all the ones who helped me and sent me encouragements for my french adaptation of "Song for a winter's night".
I just received a letter from "Early Morning Productions Inc." and they tell me how to contact their french agency in Paris. Normally there is no prob to record this and do not need a personnal permission or crontact with GL himself...Well i d better like him to read or write... life is hard...LOL
Yves SAVARIAUD
Old 01-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #41
charlene

Yves - it is a beautiful rendition of a most wonderful song. Good luck with the recording - perhaps a distribution in Quebec should be contemplated?
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #42
Yves SAVARIAUD

Erratum...
My last sentence was "to read or write..." I wanted to say "read or listen to"
And Thanks Charlene !
Yves
Old 01-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #43
SilverHeels

Yves,
Good Luck with the French Agency. They are certain to give their agreement.
Maybe you will release it as a single and climb the French hit parade.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #44
Jim Nasium

Yves, have just listened to your version of the song, courtesy of the blessed JF, very impressive, nice guitar work.
Jim Nasium is offline   Reply With Quote