banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2002, 06:31 PM   #1
Gord

I now have Divorce Country Style live as an MP3. I just happened to find it on WinMX, some guy had it, now I do. It's not the greatest quality, but I know what it sounds like now, it's basically an acoustic song without the band. While my curiousity has been satisfied, this is definetly not "hit song" material but nice anyway
Old 10-17-2002, 06:31 PM   #2
Gord

I now have Divorce Country Style live as an MP3. I just happened to find it on WinMX, some guy had it, now I do. It's not the greatest quality, but I know what it sounds like now, it's basically an acoustic song without the band. While my curiousity has been satisfied, this is definetly not "hit song" material but nice anyway
Old 10-18-2002, 01:34 AM   #3
joveski

i would have thought it'd make a good hit. it's really catchy.

now you need to look for Two Crazy Kids - a Salute outtake which i can't belive was left off the album.
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:11 PM   #4
Anna Lightfoot

What about "Face of a thousand people", "Pleasures of the night", "Partners" and many more great unreleased songs done by Gord.

------------------
" Stay Loose "

[This message has been edited by The Gypsy (edited October 19, 2002).]
Anna Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:11 PM   #5
The Gypsy

What about "Face of a thousand people", "Pleasures of the night", "Partners" and many more great unreleased songs done by Gord.

------------------
" Stay Loose "

[This message has been edited by The Gypsy (edited October 19, 2002).]
The Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:58 AM   #6
joveski

how could i forget Pleasures of the night!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:23 PM   #7
Borderstone

I wish he (or WB) would just release the rest (and Best) of his commercially unavailable songs. It would be a great interm CD until his actual new recordings get completed. Gordon? Are you out there? Please,Please. We've lost our way! Please send out those songs,oh please,right away! (Everybody sing!) Off topic for a moment.> Did you ever notice the buttons you press for smilies,actually express the emotion? I just now noticed that. Catch ya on th flipside of Sundown!
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 10:23 AM   #8
endlesswire78

i have never heard of any of these songs are they any good like the unreleased ones off of songbook?
Old 05-03-2003, 10:23 AM   #9
endlesswire78

i have never heard of any of these songs are they any good like the unreleased ones off of songbook?
Old 05-05-2003, 09:39 AM   #10
DMD3

Which reminds me, why wasn't "Salute" in the songbook? I think every song the albums were named after are in there except this song. (Not trying to get off subject )
Old 05-05-2003, 09:39 AM   #11
DMD3

Which reminds me, why wasn't "Salute" in the songbook? I think every song the albums were named after are in there except this song. (Not trying to get off subject )
Old 05-05-2003, 02:58 PM   #12
Borderstone

I wondered that myself DMD3. I'm still trying to figure out why when he was the one choosing these songs for the collection,he chose "Someone To Believe In" over that title track. I don't get it. It's a much better choice. Well,they all are but I mean just between those 2. Another funny thing,why,if he was puting so many songs from "Shadows" on disc 4,did he not include,"Triangle"? I mean,when I finally tracked down my copy of Shadows,I instantly liked that song! (Even better question,why weren't any of the songs off that LP a top 10 hit?) Okay,that's enough rambling from me,even though I was born a ramblin' man! Catch ya on the flipside of Sundown
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #13
Gord

As I recall Baby Step Back did get some radio play where I live.

To EndlessWire: Joveski and I have the really rare stuff. Some of the stuff you have never heard of is really good and is a damn shame he has never thought to official release it.

My Love For You and Pleasures of the Night are 2 examples which should have been released commercially, to me it's a crime they weren't.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #14
Gord

As I recall Baby Step Back did get some radio play where I live.

To EndlessWire: Joveski and I have the really rare stuff. Some of the stuff you have never heard of is really good and is a damn shame he has never thought to official release it.

My Love For You and Pleasures of the Night are 2 examples which should have been released commercially, to me it's a crime they weren't.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #15
Wingdrops

Triangle was probably left off because it was on Gord's Gold II. Christian Island was probably left off for the same reason.

It's too bad it wasn't a 5 or 6 disk boxed set!

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by."
Wingdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #16
2Much2Lose

Triangle was probably left off because it was on Gord's Gold II. Christian Island was probably left off for the same reason.

It's too bad it wasn't a 5 or 6 disk boxed set!

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by."
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 09:05 AM   #17
DMD3

"All the Lovely Ladies", "Shadows" and "Ghosts of Cape Horn" and "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" were also on Gords Gold 2. So was "Endless Wire". I don't think that's the reason he left it off although it could be.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:05 AM   #18
DMD3

"All the Lovely Ladies", "Shadows" and "Ghosts of Cape Horn" and "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" were also on Gords Gold 2. So was "Endless Wire". I don't think that's the reason he left it off although it could be.