banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-23-2000, 12:41 PM   #1
vector75@hotmail.com

it's gotta be "If you could read my mind"..I'm was in my final year of medical school when I met the most beautiful woman I've ever seen..she was from Leeds and I was from Sheffield...never had the guts to tell her how I felt till it was too late...if only she could've read my thoughts!!!!
Old 03-24-2000, 06:01 PM   #2
Christian Kuschel

Hello to Britain -
it´s good to hear somebody else sharing his/her thoughts on past romantic experiences linked to some GL song (as I did a few days ago).
During my financially dire student days I worked four nights a week at an Irish Pub in my former hometown of Cologne. As this was quite a few moons ago we did not have a CD player but a state-of-the-art tape machine that would play the same tape over & over again if nobody had the time to change it.
Which is why on any night with no live music Gord´s "Cold on the Shoulder" used to play continously, up to 15 uninterrupted runs on a busy night. I´ m still humming "All the Lovely Ladies" whenever I smell Guinness, and "A Tree Too Weak to Stand" takes on a whole different meaning if you´re up behind a bar for ten hours.
This has hardly anything to do with your fond memories of the Sheffield girl you think of whenever IYCRMM plays but hearing from Britain just inspired me to drop these lines. I have my own flashbacks when the first haunting notes of "The Last Time I Saw Her" or "Carefree Highway" (even though her name was not Anne) begin to play, though...
Cheers, mate.
Christian Kuschel is offline   Reply With Quote