banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-26-2004, 08:32 AM   #1
searam

Does anyone have any pictures of Gord's home, the studio(s) where he recorded, pix based on his songs? Sorry if this was requested in posts' past, but I would like to see some, having never had the pleasure of being in his area.
Thanks, Sean
searam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
Next Saturday

I'm guessing that the cover of Harmony was taken on the porch of his old house in Rosedale--if you look at the curtains it seems to be the flipside of the interior shown on the backside of the Salute album.
Next Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
searam

Is Rosedale near BridlePath?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:54 AM   #4
Char1

Rosedale is about 20 minutes from The Bridal Path area. Rosedale is just north of the central downtown area of Toronto and Bridal Path is further north about 15-20 minutes up towards the 401 highway.
Both are beautiful neighbourhoods but I prefer the old stylings of architecture in Rosedale. The Bridal Path is more glaringly ostentatious. The homes are stunning but the neighbourhood is lacking personality like Rosedale. Lightfoot's old home on Beaumont was under major indoor renovations back in 2001 and I haven't been by since. I'm sure it's gorgeous inside. Beaumont was a fabulous road - dead end off a side street, overlooking the Don Valley Ravine.
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:52 PM   #5
Gord

I have photos of Massey Hall, and on my next trip to Toronto ( I'm in Brantford an 1 hr west of TO) I'm gonna find Eastern Sound Studios as well as EMP and I'm gonna get a pic of Grant Avenue Stdios in Hamilton.

Just a side note the Don Valley Ravine was the inspiration for Sea of Tranquility.

As I'm not from Toronto I don't even know where Lightfoot lives precisely... not sure he would take too kindly having his house posted on the WWW.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:19 PM   #6
Kenyon

Sadly, Eastern Sound doesn't exist anymore. It was torn down and made into a parking lot a few years ago. The studio operators may have relocated, but as far as I know, the original studio is long gone.

Kenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #7
searam

Thanks for all the info. The areas sound beautiful.
Sean
Old 05-27-2004, 03:29 AM   #8
searam

I was hoping for just some pix from around his areas. Not having had the pleasure of visiting, I wanted to see some of the area.
Thanks,
sean