banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-31-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
charlene

Default IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND DOC-AIRING ON CBC-Nov.17,2019 @9

IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND DOC - AIRING ON CBC-Nov.17,2019 @ 9pm

Spring 2020- more u.s. dates for doc to air at theatres...

no word about airing on u.s. or international tv or if there will be a DVD for sale..

check this site - (it's not listed yet) https://www.cbc.ca/documentarychannel/
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
Off Yonge Street

Default GL: IYCRMM Doc to Air on CBC TV (Main Network) - Sunday, Mar. 22, 2020

The following link indicates that the documentary movie Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind (2019) will air on CBC Television (i.e., the main CBC TV network, as opposed to the CBC Documentary channel or CBC Gem) on Sunday, March 22, 2020: https://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/spe...mind-1.5102331.

Perhaps the airing of the documentary on CBC Television will roughly coincide with the release of Lightfoot's much-anticipated new album.

The link also indicates that the documentary Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind will air on the CBC Documentary channel on Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019 at 9 pm ET/PT, Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019 at "11 AT/3PT/7pm ET" and Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019 at "6a/11a/4p ET" and will air on CBC Gem on Dec. 26, 2019.

From the CBC's website:

"Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind is an exploration of the career, music and influence of legendary Canadian musical icon, Gordon Lightfoot. With unprecedented access to the artist, the film takes audiences from high school auditoriums in straight-laced, small town Ontario in the 50s to the coffee houses of Yorkville and Greenwich Village in the 60s, through Lightfoot's turbulent, substance-fueled arena shows of the 70s, and finally to the artist in present day.

The documentary features interviews from many notable voices in the music industry including Lightfoot peers Ian and Sylvia Tyson, Randy Bachman, and Steve Earle; famous fans Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee from Rush, Alec Baldwin, Anne Murray and Sarah McLachlan; as well as behind the scenes stories from members of his longtime band.

Following Lightfoot's evolution from Christian choirboy to troubled troubadour to international star and beloved Canadian icon, Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind is an intimate and emotional examination of the artist's profound relationship to his music and his Canadian roots.

Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind will air on the documentary Channel Sunday Nov 17, 2019 at 9 pm ET/PT, Tuesday Nov 19 at 11 AT/3 PT/7pm ET & Sun Nov 24 at 6a/11a/4p ET.

It will air on CBC Gem December 26, CBC Television on March 22."

Last edited by Off Yonge Street; 11-04-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Adding final paragraph on matter from CBC's website
Off Yonge Street is offline   Reply With Quote