banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Alan

Gordon Lightfoot Videos are again LIVE ...this time on StonewallStudios Channels at Yahoo Video, DailyMotion and LiveVideo.
Here are the links to 28 video stories as of May 15th, 2007.

GLSVP

Ode to Big Blue
http://www.livevideo.com/video/812F9...don-light.aspx

Now and Then - Massey Memories

A Second Cup of Coffee - Massey Memories

A Painter Passing Through - Massey Memories

Cotton Jenny

Mother of a Miners Child

Restless

Race Among the Ruins

Drink Your Glasses Empty

Beautiful

Too Much to Lose

Hang Dog Hotel Room

Flying Blind

Shadows

Christian Island - Gahoendoe

Home from the Forest

10 Degrees and Getting Colder

Ballad of Yarmouth Castle

I'd Rather Press On

It's Worth Believing

Changes

Pony Man

Alberta Bound

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Sixteen Miles

Song For A Winter's Night

Did She Mention My Name

Railroad Trilogy

The links posted here are in reverse order to the dates they were posted...ie. Railroad Trilogy was my first attempt at interpreting his music and his imagery.

Thanks to Colorado D and to all from around the world who have helped StonewallStudios dedicate this sole proprietor's energy to the image rich music of Gordon Lightfoot.

My apologies for not editing this list sooner - after I was Stonewalled at Youtube on Easter Weekend I made the mistake of loading Windows Vista without proper backups of links, passwords and website addresses. :D :D :D

[ May 16, 2007, 16:18: Message edited by: Gahoendoe ]
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Auburn Annie

You'd be producing for years to come since he's recorded 200+ songs, lol.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
Auburn Annie

You'd be producing for years to come since he's recorded 200+ songs, lol.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
Jesse Joe

That's for sure Annie.

Very good indeed, Thank's again Teejay, for your kind PM's. Really looking forward to seeing "Flyin Blind."

[ October 13, 2006, 16:24: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #5
Jesse Joe

That's for sure Annie.

Very good indeed, Thank's again Teejay, for your kind PM's. Really looking forward to seeing "Flyin Blind."

[ October 13, 2006, 16:24: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
brink-

Now what are we going to do if Google takes them down? Do you have them saved so they can go on the DailyMotion site?
I sure like Yarmouth and Home from the Forest.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #7
phishfearme

so glad to see "shadows" on this list of incredible videos. these are wonderful dedications to gord for all the world to enjoy.

"set it free
let it happen like it happened once before"

thanks an keep em comin'
phish
phishfearme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
louisemnnpls

Send a message via Yahoo to louisemnnpls

Am just getting started watching these. Just awesome. So anxious to see all of them!!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
Alan

Here is the link to Christian Island...known for millenia as "Gahoendoe" in The Huron native language.

and with this video now LIVE at the channel and in the spirit of this forumn I have been given a permanent forum name...it is "Gahoendoe" .

Flying Blind will be LIVE sometime his weekend Jesse-joe...here are some anwers to your general observations and questions:

I am aware that there are 200 + songs and counting Auburn Annie..I had the fortune to see Gord in Toronto when he began his illustrious career with the Two Tones...and now have access to a compete library of his lifetime recordings.

I thought it might be interesting to set out on a journey to "produce" each and every one....yes it will take time...about a day per song on average...just tinkering with the notion..after all life is about what we leave...not what we take...and time is something God's Grace has given me.

Yes brink I have a copy of all videos saved and backed up . In addition, I have set up Picasaweb albums with all of the images collected and created ...an image album for each of the 75 videos at the StonewallStudios Channel. These albums include images I collected and or created but did not use...all don't make the final cut.

Hope this helps... and enjoy Christian Island..I found an artists rendering of a vessel "Silver Heel"...someone will be able to tell me if this is Gord's "Silver Heel" or some other same-named boat.

Salu,
Old 10-14-2006, 02:40 AM   #10
brink-

Bru will be so happy with the CI video! You probably think we are to the point of monomania with your Gord videos, but you have such visual creativity. Match that with the words Gord paints with - a classic combination.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 AM   #11
geodeticman

Send a message via AIM to geodeticman

Teejay - these are absolutely beautiful interpretations of Gord's songs in imagery. It's so intuitively drawn from his music.

Your imagination as to what image would illustrate a very likely thought in Gord's music at each particular point is true artistry. I can safely say I have never seen anything like it that I recall. Bravo! Encore!

Request! - I'd love to see your interpretation of two songs:

1. Is There Anyone Home In This House Made of Stone
2. Beautiful

And, a curiosity - as Gord calls 'em , very ethereal songs such as "A Lesson In Love" - the imagery for this would be a very interesting video without a doubt. The ego and the id ? Apples in the sun! I can see it now....

Thanks Teejay for adding this beauty to my day.

"geo" Steve Dunbar
geodeticman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:05 AM   #12
Jesse Joe

Hi Gahoendoe,{Tom} aka...Teejay

Quote:

"I am aware that there are 200 + songs and counting Auburn Annie..I had the fortune to see Gord in Toronto when he began his illustrious career with the Two Tones...and now have access to a compete library of his lifetime recordings."

End Quote...

You just answered a question that I wanted to ask on this wonderful Site. Has anyone ever seen, "The Two Tones," live in concert?

Since you have, that must have been a really great experience looking on it now a days. Im thinking maybe, Charlene or John Fowles, probably saw them too.

Wonderful job on Christian Island, plus I learn new things about this great Lightfoot song I did not know. Your the best, you will be appreciated on this site, for all those great videos of Lightfoot songs. I would hope someone, could tell Mr. Lightfoot, about your great work, and dedication to his music. And that he could get to see a few of these himself. Maybe he has, who knows??

All the best, and thanks for the PM regarding ,"Flyin Blind."

Much Appreciated...

~Jesse~

[ October 14, 2006, 07:19: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Old 10-14-2006, 07:05 AM   #13
Jesse Joe

Hi Gahoendoe,{Tom} aka...Teejay

Quote:

"I am aware that there are 200 + songs and counting Auburn Annie..I had the fortune to see Gord in Toronto when he began his illustrious career with the Two Tones...and now have access to a compete library of his lifetime recordings."

End Quote...

You just answered a question that I wanted to ask on this wonderful Site. Has anyone ever seen, "The Two Tones," live in concert?

Since you have, that must have been a really great experience looking on it now a days. Im thinking maybe, Charlene or John Fowles, probably saw them too.

Wonderful job on Christian Island, plus I learn new things about this great Lightfoot song I did not know. Your the best, you will be appreciated on this site, for all those great videos of Lightfoot songs. I would hope someone, could tell Mr. Lightfoot, about your great work, and dedication to his music. And that he could get to see a few of these himself. Maybe he has, who knows??

All the best, and thanks for the PM regarding ,"Flyin Blind."

Much Appreciated...

~Jesse~

[ October 14, 2006, 07:19: Message edited by: Jesse -Joe ]
Old 10-14-2006, 08:02 AM   #14
charlene

I wish I'd see the Two Tones but in 1965 I was only 10. Hadn't heard of Lightfoot yet - not that I remember anyway..
My late aunt probably did - she was always down to the coffee houses back then...I know she did see Lightfoot on his own down there.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:02 AM   #15
charlene

I wish I'd see the Two Tones but in 1965 I was only 10. Hadn't heard of Lightfoot yet - not that I remember anyway..
My late aunt probably did - she was always down to the coffee houses back then...I know she did see Lightfoot on his own down there.
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #16
Jesse Joe

Same as me Charlene, I've said this before, I guess I was born 5 years too late. :D
Old 10-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #17
Jesse Joe

Same as me Charlene, I've said this before, I guess I was born 5 years too late. :D
Old 10-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #18
Alan

Gahoendoe: Liner Notes

I saw (Two Tone Gord) Yorkville...early 60's, ( Ian and Sylvia too) at the Purple Onion as I recall...he was then as he is today , striking...commanding and able to consume you in a moment with the magnetism of his lyric, arrangement and presence.

His iconic DNA was bursting everywhere then...to be known and understood. His destiny , as it is now, was in his voice, his eyes and his hands. He was then, as he is today, a performing poet and a magic minstrel who sings to us his own compelling stories of love gained, love lost, separation and reunion.

That I am able to weave images with his lyrics , in tune and on time with his music...well to me it's like image-jamming with him at the Hang Dog Hotel...I learned to play guitar and have recently learned to play "images" (with 3 years of practise). I know of the stage...harmony, rythmn and timing ...

Perhaps one day Gord will see and be entertained by these videos that are co-produced with sensitivity to is lyric, his mood and his intent...I first began to learn from him...in a coffee house in Toronto 40+ years ago.

Thank you Gordon Lightfoot ... you have no idea of all the gifts you have given to others... like us ... throughout your life.

[ October 14, 2006, 09:38: Message edited by: Gahoendoe ]
Old 10-15-2006, 04:36 PM   #19
RM

I think "Summertime Dream" would be a nice addition as we head into winter.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #20
Ol Man River

I am just wondering who is Stonewall Studio, and how do they pay for making these videos which must be expensive
________
LEON BATES (AMERICAN LABOR LEADER)

Last edited by Ol Man River; 02-24-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Ol Man River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #21
culverd

I am just wondering who is Stonewall Studio, and how do they pay for making these videos which must be expensive
Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #22
Alan

Hi culverd
I am the sole proprietor of an actual 24" thick hand-cut (c 1855) stonewalled studio in the "lower level"..(formerly a clay floor basement), of our restored heritage 5 bay Georgian home in Niagara Canada.

This life is about what we leave...not what we take..I will leave 100's of "video interpretations " of classic songs by artists like Gordon Lightfoot...my life has been blessed with the greatest gift there is culverd...time.

I went LIVE on Youtube on July 07, this year and have had 150,000 views to date, ...my lifetime target is 1000 videos and 1,000,000 views...well ... ok it's a goal
"a man's reach should exceed his grasp 'ere else what's a heaven for?"

Almost forgot my message...there's another bun out of this Studio oven...lol :D

Flying Blind
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 AM   #23
SilverHeels

Gahoendoe aka Tom,
I sincerely hope we can meet one day. I want to hug the man who saw into my heart and produced the C.I. video. Thank you so very much. You are a true artist and a dear soul.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 AM   #24
Ol Man River

I would also like to thank stonwalled studios for producering these excellent videos. The music really comes alive on these videos, they are excellent. They actually introduced me to youtube.
________
GRAND CHEROKEE

Last edited by Ol Man River; 02-24-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Ol Man River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 AM   #25
culverd

I would also like to thank stonwalled studios for producering these excellent videos. The music really comes alive on these videos, they are excellent. They actually introduced me to youtube.