banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
      
round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
tiabuena
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 33
Default

Hi Gord friends,
i'm Max from Florence, Italy.
Maybe my request is impossible, but i'm lookin'for the classic
Gordon TV appareances: i mean CBC 1967, BBC 71, MADE IN CHICAGO 73
and others.
Does anybody have them in any format (DVD or VHS) and like to help
me get them? We can even trade, i have a lot of cds live, Lightfoot
include.
For now, i have only found on DVD format the SOUNDSTAGE 1979 and,
oviously, LIVE IN RENO 2001.
Please if someone can help me, just contact me off list.
You know, i live in Italy and i have NO chances to see Gord play
here.....so i have to fill this emptyness!
CIAO!

Max

tiabuena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
max
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 47
Default

Hi Gord friends,
i'm Max from Florence, Italy.
Maybe my request is impossible, but i'm lookin'for the classic
Gordon TV appareances: i mean CBC 1967, BBC 71, MADE IN CHICAGO 73
and others.
Does anybody have them in any format (DVD or VHS) and like to help
me get them? We can even trade, i have a lot of cds live, Lightfoot
include.
For now, i have only found on DVD format the SOUNDSTAGE 1979 and,
oviously, LIVE IN RENO 2001.
Please if someone can help me, just contact me off list.
You know, i live in Italy and i have NO chances to see Gord play
here.....so i have to fill this emptyness!
CIAO!

Max

max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
TheWatchman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Posts: 944
Default

Here's a good start.
http://archives.cbc.ca/300c.asp?id=1-68-743
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #4
miketouhy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

those are very interesting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:20 PM   #5
miketouhy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

those are very interesting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
JohnBellardJr
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Angelo, Texas, USA
Posts: 53
Default

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
Here's a good start.
http://archives.cbc.ca/300c.asp?id=1-68-743


Oh,WOW!!!! Thank you SO much!!!!!!



------------------
'Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all.'- GL
JohnBellardJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #7
Aime_41
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 78
Default

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
Here's a good start.
http://archives.cbc.ca/300c.asp?id=1-68-743


Oh,WOW!!!! Thank you SO much!!!!!!



------------------
'Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call; Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen, till they've heard it all.'- GL
Aime_41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:48 AM   #8
tiabuena
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 33
Default

Dear Watchman,
that's great!
Thank you very much!

Max
tiabuena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:48 AM   #9
max
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 47
Default

Dear Watchman,
that's great!
Thank you very much!

Max
max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #10
Sentimental
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mexico, Missouri, USA
Posts: 70
Default

Thanks so much for that Watchman. I just spent over an hour late last night watching several of the clips.

I must say that the clip of Saturday Clothes really took me back. I remember I was living in Val D'Or Quebec and my parents took me to a friends house that had a color TV (so I could watch it in color). There was a lot of activity going on and I never got to see but a snippet of that show. It immediately brought tears to my eyes. After 35 years, I finally got to watch it. So thanks.
Sentimental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
TheWatchman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Posts: 944
Default

No problem. I saved those to my hard drive before they disabled that option.



[This message has been edited by TheWatchman (edited February 10, 2005).]
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #12
johnfowles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NJ U.S.A.
Posts: 4,838
Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
[B]No problem. I saved those to my hard drive before they disabled that option.
[B]
sorry Al pal but I think you are incorrect there. My understanding is that there never was an option in this case to save any streaming files to one's hard drives as they are by nature and design "hidden" away on a server somewhere. Therefore it was never "enabled" per se in the first place. What we were told by clever souls who investigated was that one needs a programme to sniff out the address where each file is stored.
one such (non-free-but there may be a way around that) programme is WMrecorder (all of the videos on that wonderful CBC site are in Windows Media Video (*.wmv) format)
which I then found it becessary to convert to the mpg format so that Nero could burn very satisfactory VCDs (video CDs) to play in our standalone DVD player full size through a large (26") television set. Fan-bloody-tastic
Yes this subject was fairly exhaustively discussed when the existence of the CBC archives was first discovered see http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001882.html
Al your memory must be defective because you your-very-self posted twice to that topic
To get WMrecorder visit:- http://www.wmrecorder.com/
and click on the "demo" link to find
"you get a demo version (read more here), which limits you to two minutes per recording"
regarding Max's actual query I emailed him yesterday off list asking him for some information but have yet to hear back from him, tut tut
Just in case my email went astray I'll paste in the relevant portion:
Hi Max
greetings/caio to Italy

I refer to your fan club request
(Yes Max posted the exact same query on the Yahoo GL fanclub group) at:- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thegordonlightfootfanclub
for tv show information which would be better posted on one of the two main Lightfoot message boards corfid see below or the Usenet Newsgroup
quick link:-
http://newsgroup2.notlong.com


Where are you (silly me he did say "max from Florence" even if that should be Firenza- I guess Max is not actually Italian?), what do you do,and how did you get interested in Gordon Lightfoot
Regarding your video requests. You seem to know already that you are asking the impossible
the subject of Chicago PBS 1973 came up recently on the corfid forum:- http://www.corfid.shorturl.com
(opops I should have given the actual topic's link:- http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002788.html
and it was concluded that although there is an excellent audio CD floating around most
recently on ebay:- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4072956409
(that auction has now ended)
(I should have added thatn there is no known video extant) but it was interesting as it included some nice jewel case artwork (different to the copy I have)
The main probem with all three shows that you listed is that they predate the common use of video recorders by several years
However the CBC museum in Toronto recently held a number of old show screenings including apparently a film version of the great March 1968 (oops I meant to ask "Is this what you meant by CBC 1967?? or were you thinking of the January 1967 CRT-now on the CBC Archives site??") special see my scan of the television guide at:- http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot/cbctv.jpg
My firm ambition is to somehow obtain a copy of that as a videotape.I saw the show live on tv when living in Montreal The other interesting show you brought up is BBC 1971 did you get the date from Wayne Francis' site http://ww.lightfoot.ca??
I saw two BBC tv shows (after returning to England in 1969) one was definitely in 1972 the other I failed to note the actual date
I would also love to have that show what information do you have??
Hoping to hear back from you
John Fowles
Some vagaries of English:-
hot dogs can be cold.
darkrooms can be lit.
homework can be done at skool
midwives can be men.
quicksand works very slowly.
boxing rings are square.
tablecloths can be made of paper
copyright Richard Lederer



[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited February 10, 2005).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #13
johnfowles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NJ U.S.A.
Posts: 4,838
Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default

quote:Originally posted by TheWatchman:
[B]No problem. I saved those to my hard drive before they disabled that option.
[B]
sorry Al pal but I think you are incorrect there. My understanding is that there never was an option in this case to save any streaming files to one's hard drives as they are by nature and design "hidden" away on a server somewhere. Therefore it was never "enabled" per se in the first place. What we were told by clever souls who investigated was that one needs a programme to sniff out the address where each file is stored.
one such (non-free-but there may be a way around that) programme is WMrecorder (all of the videos on that wonderful CBC site are in Windows Media Video (*.wmv) format)
which I then found it becessary to convert to the mpg format so that Nero could burn very satisfactory VCDs (video CDs) to play in our standalone DVD player full size through a large (26") television set. Fan-bloody-tastic
Yes this subject was fairly exhaustively discussed when the existence of the CBC archives was first discovered see http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001882.html
Al your memory must be defective because you your-very-self posted twice to that topic
To get WMrecorder visit:- http://www.wmrecorder.com/
and click on the "demo" link to find
"you get a demo version (read more here), which limits you to two minutes per recording"
regarding Max's actual query I emailed him yesterday off list asking him for some information but have yet to hear back from him, tut tut
Just in case my email went astray I'll paste in the relevant portion:
Hi Max
greetings/caio to Italy

I refer to your fan club request
(Yes Max posted the exact same query on the Yahoo GL fanclub group) at:- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thegordonlightfootfanclub
for tv show information which would be better posted on one of the two main Lightfoot message boards corfid see below or the Usenet Newsgroup
quick link:-
http://newsgroup2.notlong.com


Where are you (silly me he did say "max from Florence" even if that should be Firenza- I guess Max is not actually Italian?), what do you do,and how did you get interested in Gordon Lightfoot
Regarding your video requests. You seem to know already that you are asking the impossible
the subject of Chicago PBS 1973 came up recently on the corfid forum:- http://www.corfid.shorturl.com
(opops I should have given the actual topic's link:- http://www.corfid.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002788.html
and it was concluded that although there is an excellent audio CD floating around most
recently on ebay:- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=4072956409
(that auction has now ended)
(I should have added thatn there is no known video extant) but it was interesting as it included some nice jewel case artwork (different to the copy I have)
The main probem with all three shows that you listed is that they predate the common use of video recorders by several years
However the CBC museum in Toronto recently held a number of old show screenings including apparently a film version of the great March 1968 (oops I meant to ask "Is this what you meant by CBC 1967?? or were you thinking of the January 1967 CRT-now on the CBC Archives site??") special see my scan of the television guide at:- http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot/cbctv.jpg
My firm ambition is to somehow obtain a copy of that as a videotape.I saw the show live on tv when living in Montreal The other interesting show you brought up is BBC 1971 did you get the date from Wayne Francis' site http://ww.lightfoot.ca??
I saw two BBC tv shows (after returning to England in 1969) one was definitely in 1972 the other I failed to note the actual date
I would also love to have that show what information do you have??
Hoping to hear back from you
John Fowles
Some vagaries of English:-
hot dogs can be cold.
darkrooms can be lit.
homework can be done at skool
midwives can be men.
quicksand works very slowly.
boxing rings are square.
tablecloths can be made of paper
copyright Richard Lederer



[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited February 10, 2005).]
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #14
tiabuena
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 33
Default

Does anybody have the videos from CBC archives in any format, maybe a vcd, to let it pass to all we fans?
Watchman, do you have them in a cd?
Can you make me a copy eventually?
I have some difficult to see all the videos complete......
tiabuena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #15
max
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 47
Default

Does anybody have the videos from CBC archives in any format, maybe a vcd, to let it pass to all we fans?
Watchman, do you have them in a cd?
Can you make me a copy eventually?
I have some difficult to see all the videos complete......
max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #16
Station Master
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 462
Send a message via ICQ to Station Master
Default

good luck, max...i'woudl think that thanks to the internet they're probably all on DVD or VHS so you can see on full screen

and i agree with you entirely, should you score these gems, we fans would love a copy also, thanks

ps) what are your favourite Gord CDs and songs?
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #17
jj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 5,273
Default

good luck, max...i'woudl think that thanks to the internet they're probably all on DVD or VHS so you can see on full screen

and i agree with you entirely, should you score these gems, we fans would love a copy also, thanks

ps) what are your favourite Gord CDs and songs?
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #18
TheWatchman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Posts: 944
Default

I have to disagree John. I simply right clicked them and saved them to my hard drive. No special programs because I have none. When I first went to that page, last year, you were able to do this. I don't think I have the last ones about his illness because I don't want those anyway.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #19
tiabuena
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Posts: 33
Default

That's a quick reply to my friend jj.
My favourite Gord's albums are SUMMER SIDE OF LIFE and SUMMERTIME DREAM.
My favourite songs......i just propose a poll on the Gord's yahoo groups:launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/thegordonlightfootfanclub/ for vote the favourites 10 songs.
Why don't you add yours there?
Anyway, i love MIGUEL, AFFAIR ON 8th AVENUE and ON THE HIGH SEAS particularly.
Do you think that we can find these videos in any format, jj?
CIAO from Italy
tiabuena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #20
max
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florence, Italy
Posts: 47
Default

That's a quick reply to my friend jj.
My favourite Gord's albums are SUMMER SIDE OF LIFE and SUMMERTIME DREAM.
My favourite songs......i just propose a poll on the Gord's yahoo groups:launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/thegordonlightfootfanclub/ for vote the favourites 10 songs.
Why don't you add yours there?
Anyway, i love MIGUEL, AFFAIR ON 8th AVENUE and ON THE HIGH SEAS particularly.
Do you think that we can find these videos in any format, jj?
CIAO from Italy
max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #21
Station Master
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 462
Send a message via ICQ to Station Master
Default

i tried to register for the yahoo group but kept going in cirles today...i have a yahoo email addy also so thought it would be a cinch...oh well, is there something at that group that i wouldnt find here or at the newsgroup? if so i will defintely try and try again

you have similar taste! i'd have to say that On The High Seas is an answer i give as my fave quite often...and Miguel is a gem, imo

just because i'm messing around a bit (with the song, NOT on my wife! LOL) i would say Talking In Your Sleep IS at present

for album it is ODR

for video hunt, 73 SS hunt is a lost cause IMO, just audio out there....i don't know of the BBC 71 but the 67 CBC GL Forward is out there...CBC plays the 68 live concert (Wherefore and Why) at it's museum theatre occasionally so it exist on glorious film and in mint condition but we'd need to put our heads (and VCRs! ) together and plan a heist ...so i've seen almost all of the stuff but can't get my hands on it, but there are more agressive folks out there on the internet who will and it may trickle down one day... a few years ago i was just happy to see the 79 SS!

i'm about as much help as the next guy i suppose, none eh?
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #22
jj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 5,273
Default

i tried to register for the yahoo group but kept going in cirles today...i have a yahoo email addy also so thought it would be a cinch...oh well, is there something at that group that i wouldnt find here or at the newsgroup? if so i will defintely try and try again

you have similar taste! i'd have to say that On The High Seas is an answer i give as my fave quite often...and Miguel is a gem, imo

just because i'm messing around a bit (with the song, NOT on my wife! LOL) i would say Talking In Your Sleep IS at present

for album it is ODR

for video hunt, 73 SS hunt is a lost cause IMO, just audio out there....i don't know of the BBC 71 but the 67 CBC GL Forward is out there...CBC plays the 68 live concert (Wherefore and Why) at it's museum theatre occasionally so it exist on glorious film and in mint condition but we'd need to put our heads (and VCRs! ) together and plan a heist ...so i've seen almost all of the stuff but can't get my hands on it, but there are more agressive folks out there on the internet who will and it may trickle down one day... a few years ago i was just happy to see the 79 SS!

i'm about as much help as the next guy i suppose, none eh?
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #23
miketouhy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

how come they don't have the 1968 show on the CBC computer archives?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #24
miketouhy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

how come they don't have the 1968 show on the CBC computer archives?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #25
jj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 5,273
Default

max, why don't you try over at the GL newsgroup? you can just copy and paste your post from right here, it won't take long...goodluck
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woah!!! Lookin' Gooood! Borderstone General Discussion 10 08-17-2007 10:53 PM
lookin for recent shows audio reordings tiabuena General Discussion 13 01-11-2005 12:02 AM
lookin at the rain fowlesjohn General Discussion 18 11-01-2003 10:24 PM
lookin at the rain funky_finch General Discussion 3 04-16-2003 10:41 PM
guitar chords for lookin at the rain cyninphx General Discussion 3 04-08-2003 08:03 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
downleft 1x1.gif (807 Byte) downright