banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Swede

I heard yesterday that an interview with Gord will be shown tonight on the CBC's "The National" newscast.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #2
Swede

I heard yesterday that an interview with Gord will be shown tonight on the CBC's "The National" newscast.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #3
muklucannie

well i'll just have to throw a tape in the old VCR!!
lol
char
muklucannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Char1

lol
char
Char1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
SilverHeels

quote:Originally posted by Char1:
lol
char

... er ... Char ... yooheeeeee ... (waving frantically ...)

SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #6
muklucannie

Bru - you are SO needy!
lol

Char
video goddess
Old 05-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #7
Char1

Bru - you are SO needy!
lol

Char
video goddess
Old 05-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
Alberta

You'd better tape it Char! Especially for all of us young students who don't have VCR's!!!! Man, I'm excited!

Kenyon
Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #9
Kenyon

You'd better tape it Char! Especially for all of us young students who don't have VCR's!!!! Man, I'm excited!

Kenyon
Kenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #10
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by Char1:
lol
char

I guess I'll have to force myself to watch Canadian TV tonight. Oh, life is so rough up here in Northern Maine.

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:26 PM   #11
muklucannie

i even e-mailed cbc about when it would beon. i put a vcr in the tv downstairs for the 4-4:30 show and one upstairs for the 7-7:30 show....

Hey Kenyon - if ya wanna see it ya better head to Whitby again! and bring your gee-tar!
lol

Old 05-10-2004, 02:26 PM   #12
Char1

i even e-mailed cbc about when it would beon. i put a vcr in the tv downstairs for the 4-4:30 show and one upstairs for the 7-7:30 show....

Hey Kenyon - if ya wanna see it ya better head to Whitby again! and bring your gee-tar!
lol

Old 05-10-2004, 04:22 PM   #13
Gaby

quote:Originally posted by SilverHeels
.. er ... Char ... yooheeeeee ... (waving frantically ...)

Hey!! Bru!!
You’re not the only Gord-starved Beautiful Blonde Brit over here.!!
If you don’t get me a copy I’ll overwrite Christian Island with Barry Manilow’s Copacabana or Britney’s Everytime.
Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 07:25 PM   #14
muklucannie

saw clips of the press conference at Massey today...LOTS of press!
haven't seen the CBC thing yet....tonight at 9 - CBC Newsworld- you can possibly see it on-line - www.cbc.ca - OR http://www.cbc.ca/national/#features

ROGERS TV HAD THIS on-line:
http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/news/e...p?cid=e051056A

Gordon Lightfoot presides over Monday launch party for his new CD Harmony
at 17:33 on May 10, 2004, EST.

Tom Cochrane talks with Gordon Lightfoot at an event promoting Lightfoot's new album. (CP /Adrian Wyld)TORONTO (CP) - Gordon Lightfoot worked the room like the veteran entertainer that he is.

More than 200 friends and music-industry associates gathered in the basement bar of Massey Hall on Monday afternoon to help him celebrate the launch of his new CD, Harmony. Looking gaunt but pleased, Lightfoot - in a black-leather jacket, cowboy boots and black jeans held up with suspenders - spoke modestly about the album's sales prospects.

"All of our albums don't just sell like hotcakes," he said. "They usually don't sell enough to have what you would call a windfall. But it's a nice thing to do because it makes you pay the bills."

The 65-year-old singer, still recovering from a serious medical ailment that felled him in 2002, explained that while many of the lyrics on Harmony sound like they were written after the incident that put him into a coma and then left him filled with self-pity, they had actually been penned two years earlier.

"I was going through one of life's little personal roller-coasters," he recalled. "I was going through a dip."

But he considers himself a pretty lucky guy, he said to a friendly crowd that included Blue Rodeo's Jim Cuddy, singer Joel Kroeker and blues guitarist Harry Manx.

Lightfoot recorded the studio tracks for the CD's 11 original songs prior to his illness, too. His band added the musical accompaniment later with Lightfoot himself overseeing the final mix with equipment brought into his Hamilton hospital bedroom.

The recordings range from the melancholy, like Sometimes I Wish, to the lighter Couchiching, all about his home town of Orillia, Ont., and which he sang to an audience there the night before he was stricken.

In September 2002, Lightfoot suffered a near-fatal abdominal hemorrhage and had to be rushed to hospital where he remained for three months - about six weeks of it in a coma when his life literally hung in the balance. He endured a series of operations, the most recent one in February, to treat the ruptured blood vessel. He was also given a tracheotomy but has insisted his vocal cords were not damaged by the procedure.

But he said his first test of the famous pipes will take place in late November.

He explained that he read a newspaper account of how he planned to perform a benefit concert then on behalf of the Hamilton hospital complex where doctors saved his life. He said it was news to him but decided that it's precisely what he would do.

"It will be a test for me and also a test for the people who worked on me."

JOHN MCKAY

Old 05-10-2004, 07:25 PM   #15
Char1

saw clips of the press conference at Massey today...LOTS of press!
haven't seen the CBC thing yet....tonight at 9 - CBC Newsworld- you can possibly see it on-line - www.cbc.ca - OR http://www.cbc.ca/national/#features

ROGERS TV HAD THIS on-line:
http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/news/e...p?cid=e051056A

Gordon Lightfoot presides over Monday launch party for his new CD Harmony
at 17:33 on May 10, 2004, EST.

Tom Cochrane talks with Gordon Lightfoot at an event promoting Lightfoot's new album. (CP /Adrian Wyld)TORONTO (CP) - Gordon Lightfoot worked the room like the veteran entertainer that he is.

More than 200 friends and music-industry associates gathered in the basement bar of Massey Hall on Monday afternoon to help him celebrate the launch of his new CD, Harmony. Looking gaunt but pleased, Lightfoot - in a black-leather jacket, cowboy boots and black jeans held up with suspenders - spoke modestly about the album's sales prospects.

"All of our albums don't just sell like hotcakes," he said. "They usually don't sell enough to have what you would call a windfall. But it's a nice thing to do because it makes you pay the bills."

The 65-year-old singer, still recovering from a serious medical ailment that felled him in 2002, explained that while many of the lyrics on Harmony sound like they were written after the incident that put him into a coma and then left him filled with self-pity, they had actually been penned two years earlier.

"I was going through one of life's little personal roller-coasters," he recalled. "I was going through a dip."

But he considers himself a pretty lucky guy, he said to a friendly crowd that included Blue Rodeo's Jim Cuddy, singer Joel Kroeker and blues guitarist Harry Manx.

Lightfoot recorded the studio tracks for the CD's 11 original songs prior to his illness, too. His band added the musical accompaniment later with Lightfoot himself overseeing the final mix with equipment brought into his Hamilton hospital bedroom.

The recordings range from the melancholy, like Sometimes I Wish, to the lighter Couchiching, all about his home town of Orillia, Ont., and which he sang to an audience there the night before he was stricken.

In September 2002, Lightfoot suffered a near-fatal abdominal hemorrhage and had to be rushed to hospital where he remained for three months - about six weeks of it in a coma when his life literally hung in the balance. He endured a series of operations, the most recent one in February, to treat the ruptured blood vessel. He was also given a tracheotomy but has insisted his vocal cords were not damaged by the procedure.

But he said his first test of the famous pipes will take place in late November.

He explained that he read a newspaper account of how he planned to perform a benefit concert then on behalf of the Hamilton hospital complex where doctors saved his life. He said it was news to him but decided that it's precisely what he would do.

"It will be a test for me and also a test for the people who worked on me."

JOHN MCKAY

Old 05-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #16
Tyler

Char???????????
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #17
brink

Char???????????
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:53 PM   #18
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

Grrrr. It's been pre-empted by hockey! I've got Canada coming through in stereo right now, streaming it on my PC and watching CBC on TV. And there is no Lightfoot!

Can I ask one question? What does anyone get out of watching hockey? I can't see the puck. It's so small and it zips around so quickly I don't have a clue who has it!
They need to make that thing bigger and paint it a bright color, or put flashing lights on it.

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #19
TheWatchman

Suspenders?? I guess that's better than the sweatpants he said he had been wearing all the time in another interview.

TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:58 PM   #20
TheWatchman

quote:Originally posted by Cathy:

Can I ask one question? What does anyone get out of watching hockey?

Sounds like Canadians need to get their priorities straight.

Hockey is a tad boring to watch on the tube, but attending a game is a blast. Watching a pro team (or even semi-pro) in person is just as fun as football and baseball.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #21
muklucannie

fox tv had a lit puck on their telecast a few years ago...a true Canadian needs no such Hollywood trickery!
lol
I watched it at 9:40 and am taping it again on the re-broadcast that's on now...After the first airing the host, Peter Mansbridge was NOT happy about a few glitches with the tape of the interview.....he was royally ticked!
lol
Cathy - did you try to watch The National on the Newsworld sation - NOT the CBC???when there is hockey the National is on the Newsworld station-another thing that ticks Mansbridge off!
lol

Old 05-10-2004, 09:48 PM   #22
Char1

fox tv had a lit puck on their telecast a few years ago...a true Canadian needs no such Hollywood trickery!
lol
I watched it at 9:40 and am taping it again on the re-broadcast that's on now...After the first airing the host, Peter Mansbridge was NOT happy about a few glitches with the tape of the interview.....he was royally ticked!
lol
Cathy - did you try to watch The National on the Newsworld sation - NOT the CBC???when there is hockey the National is on the Newsworld station-another thing that ticks Mansbridge off!
lol

Old 05-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #23
Rosanna

Come on people, Canadian TV is not that bad,
it's as good as................................................ ............................................well, o.k., it sucks, but don't go
bashing hockey, it's the "coolest" game on earth! I have to admit though, as much as a
dedicated GL fan I am, the choice betweea GL
interview and a play off hockey game would be
difficult!
Rosanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #24
Doug Letcher

Come on people, Canadian TV is not that bad,
it's as good as................................................ ............................................well, o.k., it sucks, but don't go
bashing hockey, it's the "coolest" game on earth! I have to admit though, as much as a
dedicated GL fan I am, the choice betweea GL
interview and a play off hockey game would be
difficult!
Doug Letcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:09 AM   #25
Borderstone

Hee-Hee. .... Ya think he wore his "polka-dot underwear? ........ & his woodland "socks"? because ya know,"That's what socks are for!"

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote