banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Testforum

Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Gahoendoe

Default Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Channel - Youtube

Together with Brink and two other producers we are tackling the entire repertoire of Gordon Lightfoot's lifetime recordings. To date 38 vistorys, video stories, have been produced and uploaded to Youtube. I thought it might be good to put the Playlist Player here ) ALL 38 vistorys as of January 21st, 2008.

http://ca.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ED0D106E5838D30F

Last edited by Gahoendoe; 01-21-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Gahoendoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
charlene

Default Re: Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Channel - Youtube

can anyone tellme how to get video to play when i download the videos with the link John provided. i get only audio..
and i mean in a concise/point form way..i can't understand a lot of extraneous stuff..simple/concise..please.
thanks..
char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
brink-

Poor Char.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
charlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by brink- View Post
Poor Char.
yep - poor char in spades..

still waiting for those instructions tho!
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
Jesse Joe

yep - poor char in spades..

still waiting for those instructions tho!

Poor Char I cant help you with this, or I would...

Good Luck !
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Channel - Youtube
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
can anyone tellme how to get video to play when i download the videos with the link John provided. i get only audio..
and i mean in a concise/point form way..i can't understand a lot of extraneous stuff..simple/concise..please.
thanks..
char

Anyway Charlene seems to be quite the lady in distress this time
To be honest I have absolutely no idea what her problem is because if she is referring to the link I gave to easy video downloader
I never ever got audio only,however I have given up using this program too because it fails now to do the job properly and only downloads a tiny incorrect (say 64 KB) file that is no use to anybody.
If I am lucky and even this is not 100% reliable I just let the complete video download whilst suffering the annoying dial up induced one second bursts then when I see the "replay" notice

OK in concise/point way ( and I think this will also work for those with a high speed connection , if not please let me know pronto
  1. simply head on over to (with Internet Exploder) the Tools Menu
  2. Click Internet Options
  3. half way down click on "settings" in the "browsing history" section
  4. Then on the next popup screen select "view files"
  5. Up pops my computer's main temporary internet files folder ***(see note below)
  6. Scroll to the bottom where the latest and largest file will be named something like get_video (note it will have no file extension)
  7. Copy that file and paste it into a holding folder on the desktop or wherever yuo will remember what you did with it
    [*}Right click on the copied file
  8. Rename it initially to get_video.flv
  9. As I do have (reluctantly) a flash video player installed
  10. I then click on the renamed file and it will play in the err umm player
  11. Once I have confirmed that it is the video I was watching (albeit in spurts)
  12. I rename it suitably example V8_restless.flv
  13. I then use
  1. SUPER © Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer
  2. to convert it from the flv format to IMHO something infinitly more useful (albeit much larger in file size) such as MPEG-1 or MPEG-2
*** on mine it is at:-
C:\Documents and Settings\01-Master\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
(because 01-master is my main "user" and desktop,
but that is another story and tutorial)
Basically CHar you should know by now in your life that if something doesn't work try again!!!
John LOL

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 02-07-2008 at 03:07 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
4LaneStudios

High Quality Viewing on Tribute Channel

For viewers of the Vistory collection on the Tribute Channel -- we have figured out our settings to create the vistories so that they can be viewed in the "High Quality" resolution that YouTube now offers as an option. If you have a high speed internet connection, you can set your account to automatically view videos in High Quality if they are available in that format.

1. Go to your "Account" and click on "Account Settings".
2. Select "Video Playback Quality".
3. Select whichever of the 3 options best suits your internet connection.
4. Be sure to "Save settings"!

That's it! I'm sure you'll notice the difference "High Quality" makes.
4LaneStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:18 AM   #8
geodeticman.5

(far from- "Ford")- 4lane team - ( I hope you never suffered through that movie....)

e.g. Ford Fourlane... or was it Fairlane..... Andrew "Dice" Clay - the quintessential, tasteful, picture of aplombe, sartorial splendor, and tonsourial quackery-tail -actor, and The Movie..to be studied in Thesis' for decades to come, in cinematography.

"Dice" 's leather jacket, and car, no doubt to be the subject of great conjecture in metaphor, allegory, and analogue.....not unlike "Rosebud" in Citizen Kane....

er...

Any thoughts on "Is There Anyone Home" - that ethereal song as Gord says, , so full of imagery ? I am shamelessly using this post reply to inquire as to my request ! lol

In any event, thank you for the high res option, yes I can make use of this, 'preciate it !

geodeticman - aka geo steve

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 08-11-2008 at 03:26 AM. Reason: postitional justfication, and content
geodeticman.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #9
4LaneStudios

I believe that was a Ford "Fairlane". I seem to recall one of those in the driveway in the days of my youth...

"On Susan's Floor" and "Baby Step Back" should be the next two productions, though each one seems to decided when it will be done! We seem to be going in fits and spurts these days -- a bit of a drought followed by numerous vistories in somewhat rapid succession. "The Mountains and Maryann" and "Bend In The Water" were just uploaded to YouTube, and "Affair On 8th Avenue" should be up within the next couple of days.

I'm shamelessly plugging the latest creations in my answer to your question on your request. It shouldn't take too long to get to it, and you can be assured it will be handled with the same respect and care as the rest of Gordon's "gems". I know it's hard to wait -- there's one on the list that I've been dying to start, but we try to do them first-in-first-out if we can.

Thanks for all of the comments. They are greatly appreciated AND what we work for! ~~ Lynn
Old 08-12-2008, 05:55 AM   #10
geodeticman.5

Thanks, Lynn

~geo steve
geodeticman.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
4LaneStudios

On behalf of the Lightfoot Tribute Team, I have been asked to advise that the embedding option has been disallowed on all vistories uploaded to the YouTube Tribute Channel to Gordon Lightfoot. We have recently learned that others have pirated our work and have been presenting it as their own. Some may even be offering them for sale. Accordingly, all current vistories have had embedding disabled, and all future vistories will also be uploaded with embedding disabled. Our sincere apologies to those who chose to embed for the right reasons.

~~ Lynn
4LaneStudios
Lightfoot Tribute Team
YouTube's Lightfoot Tribute Channel - "Thomasj157"