banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 04-26-2002, 07:42 PM   #26
minstrelms

I met (and kissed -- yes, on the lips -- Wow!! -- a long one, too!!) him in Saratoga, NY in the mid to late 70s, and Gordon seemed to be 6'. As we hugged, I believe my chin was a bit above his breast level, and I'm 5'4". He was wearing the rust colored leather jacket he was photographed in for the *Endless Wire* album. My friend took a photo of his face from the side as he was getting into a car. I have to find that photo.

Somewhat more recently, I was within 2 feet of him in '90 or '91, and he looked quite a bit shorter; how much shorter, I cannot say. He was also so much thinner. I remember thinking how small his butt (Pardon me. I had to check it out. To me, the man has always been an Adonis.) and legs appeared. Anyway, the man will always be bigger than life to me. To date, he's "As Fine As Fine Can Be." I love Gord. I'm going to try to join the Friday chat if I can. Here goes.
minstrelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #27
Ducaire

I'll be danged. I was about to post a topic about this myself, but went browsing through older topics, and saw this one. I always thought that Gord was taller than me, but he's pratically a midget (just kidding). I'd imagined he was about 6 feet tall back in the days, but he looks a little shorter now that he's gotten older. But it's not a matter of how tall he is, it's a matter of how good his music is.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #28
Ducaire

I'll be danged. I was about to post a topic about this myself, but went browsing through older topics, and saw this one. I always thought that Gord was taller than me, but he's pratically a midget (just kidding). I'd imagined he was about 6 feet tall back in the days, but he looks a little shorter now that he's gotten older. But it's not a matter of how tall he is, it's a matter of how good his music is.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #29
Boomer

Probably in his younger years he was near 6 foot tall. I've met him twice and he's no longer 6 feet tall! He's probably around 5'9". Hell, to me he was tall but so is most everyone. I'm pushin 5'6" and shrinking. My Dad used to be my height and now I can peer down on his bald little head, so....

TC
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #30
TC

Probably in his younger years he was near 6 foot tall. I've met him twice and he's no longer 6 feet tall! He's probably around 5'9". Hell, to me he was tall but so is most everyone. I'm pushin 5'6" and shrinking. My Dad used to be my height and now I can peer down on his bald little head, so....

TC
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #31
Iron

+ or - .25",He is the same height as I is.
Iron
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #32
GJA

quote:Originally posted by loveyagord:
I met (and kissed -- yes, on the lips -- Wow!! -- a long one, too!!) him in Saratoga, NY in the mid to late 70s, and Gordon seemed to be 6'. As we hugged, I believe my chin was a bit above his breast level, and I'm 5'4". He was wearing the rust colored leather jacket he was photographed in for the *Endless Wire* album. My friend took a photo of his face from the side as he was getting into a car. I have to find that photo.

Somewhat more recently, I was within 2 feet of him in '90 or '91, and he looked quite a bit shorter; how much shorter, I cannot say. He was also so much thinner. I remember thinking how small his butt (Pardon me. I had to check it out. To me, the man has always been an Adonis.) and legs appeared. Anyway, the man will always be bigger than life to me. To date, he's "As Fine As Fine Can Be." I love Gord. I'm going to try to join the Friday chat if I can. Here goes.

YOU KISSED HIM???? ON THE LIPS???? OH MY GOD!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!

GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #33
GJA

quote:Originally posted by loveyagord:

YOU KISSED HIM???? ON THE LIPS???? OH MY GOD!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!

GJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #34
nelsonaddison

quote:Originally posted by Bill:
I've read 5'11"...but in boots a little more. Of course, like anyone getting older...ya tend to shrink a bit. Got milk?

I think maybe you're ready for some finger food. (Just kidding).
nelsonaddison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #35
Patti

quote:Originally posted by Bill:
I've read 5'11"...but in boots a little more. Of course, like anyone getting older...ya tend to shrink a bit. Got milk?

I think maybe you're ready for some finger food. (Just kidding).
Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:22 AM   #36
Station Master

Send a message via ICQ to Station Master

wow, if GL keeps shrinking, i'm best to buy a balcony seat, eh?
Station Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:22 AM   #37
jj

wow, if GL keeps shrinking, i'm best to buy a balcony seat, eh?
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #38
silenceandsound86

I'm a lawyer. This is why "eyewitness" reports are not all that useful: Gordon Lightfoot is between 5'4" and 6'!
silenceandsound86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #39
Rona

I'm a lawyer. This is why "eyewitness" reports are not all that useful: Gordon Lightfoot is between 5'4" and 6'!
Rona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:05 AM   #40
stationmaster

I,m not sure how tall he is, but if you printed his lyrics in a line, he would be about a mile long!!!
stationmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #41
Restless

I talked to Gord a few years ago and he was about 4 inches shorter than me. Im almost 6-2.
Those that say he is 6 feet might be refering to his younger years. We all get shorter by as much 3 1/4 inches during our life. so maybe he was 6 ft in the late 60's
n
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote